• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - 5th Dose (you took too much, seriously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be possible that vendors are running out of MXE because of the festival season and things.

So its the dregs and weaker stuff that could be being sold now as all the good stuff got sold in bulk?

ooh okay cools :) and there are no major cardiovascular issues at those doses right? I have been having conern that might pack uo or something, maybe its just me being paranoid but it would majorirly put my mind to test to know pounding hearts are not gunna be one of the major side effcets :p

If you're unsure about possible side effedts start lower - 40 or 50mg is a high dose for someone with no tolerance, I had 30mg my first time and any more would have been too much.

In the right setting, I often get what feel amphetamine/cathinone type rushes from MxE. Fuck knows how.

I have followed the evolution of methoxetamine, from the first dribble of trip reports (most notably FnB 25mg IM report) to the first general availability and the absolute madness that has followed (5 big and dandy threads already? Do people who take methoxetamine talk a lot or are there a fuckload of people taking this stuff?) while lurking. I first dipped my toe in about 6 months ago and, more or less, fell in love with the compound. Since then I've taken it at a variety of doses from 20mg-150mg over a night, with a variety of ROA (oral, sublingual, intranasal, intrarectal) in a variety of circumstances (at home by myself, with my girlfriend, at small get togethers, at big raging parties, at bar gigs and club gigs) alone and in combination with a variety of drugs (ketamine/4-meo-pcp/morphine/2C-B/2C-E/Ritalin/cannabis). Aside from one two week binge that was almost entirely in combination with morphine (oh I paid for that one...), I've kept to a responsible pattern of usage- I've developed no real tolerance (I like a heavier dose now- I will always plug 50mg because I am comfortable with the 'm-hole', but 50mg still makes me hole) and have gone through less than 2.5g (with over 1g given away) in this time period.

So after that long preface comes my statement-

I've slowly come to the conclusion that this whole 'Methoxetamine' thing is bullshit advertising. What do I mean? I mean that 'Methoxetamine' is 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE, it is the ketone analogue of 3-Meo-PCE, its structure is as closely related to Eticyclidine as it is to Ketamine- the name 'Methoxetamine' is purposefully designed to align the drug with hip, groovy Ketamine not nasty, dirty PCP so that it will sell well. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with this (well, there's something wrong with most marketing, but you know...) and it is perfectly understandable, but at the same time I feel like it is this sort of 'it's like ketamine, only legal and BETTER!' marketing that is leading to most of the problems that you can read about on bluelight.

If you treat methoxetamine more like pcp and less like ketamine, then you are immediately less likely to have problems. PCP tends to be taken in a single dose, even when smoking it people will tend to smoke until they feel they are high then put out the cigarette and let the drug do its thing- people will tend to take ketamine several times over an evening due to its short lived effects and sitting around compulsively taking ketamine for hours and hours is something that can be done and enjoyed (even if it's not reccomendable).

The times that I have redosed I have quickly become so intoxicated that I repeated redosed without it really registering what I was doing, I just kept sitting down on the bed, looking over at all my needle-prep shit, walking over to it, prepping another 50mg, lying down on the bed and plugging it, putting the syringe in the needlebank thing (I use drawing needles to plug with, I don't give shit encrusted barrels to the bank;)), sitting down on the bed...the other times that I took it when I thought about what I was going to be up to (how mashed should I get?), weighed out my dose for the evening, took it and was either geographically isolated from my stash or had put my Methoxetamine away under lock and key I was high as fuck once its effects fully kicked in and not a single time did I feel like I 'hadn't taken enough'. My sweet spot nasally/plugged is 50mg and has been consistantly. I think there's a difference between 'I feel like I need some more for it to be good' and 'fuck taking some more would feel good'- Methoxetamine provides more of the latter than the former because it is so powerful, even if you undershoot your abosulte optimal level of highness a bit, you're still going to be pretty gone- have a spliff or turn off the lights and get into bed, find a nice place to look at the stars you know?

In addition, when I have taken methoxetamine multiple days in a row (particularly during the 2 week binge noted above) I found that each day I would get increasingly high off my regular 50mg dose- it's almost as if it has some long-acting metabolites that can accumulate and keep you from reaching baseline for 3-7 days (depending on how much I took for how many days) or could it be reabsorbtion from the bladder/intenstines/etc ala PCP? I found this article, that while quite wafflely and brimming with new age crap, does have some interesting user-perspective information and advice on PCP:
http://www.timothywyllie.com/PCP.htm
<<Due to this property, if you go on a Hog binge (and it’s not call Hog for nothing!), be aware that you’ll need smaller and smaller hits since it accumulates in the body. They say after four days you can get a high eating lettuce!>> (from article)
I certainly found this to be true, after taking it for about four days I went outside (rare) during the day (rarer) after a good nights sleep (rarest) and abstaining from drugs (it was that bad), it was a beautiful day, birds were singing, people were going about there business- I nearly had a fucking breakdown from the sudden influx of sensory information. I went and got some food and made myself a healthy meal and ate it, about 45 minutes after this I started to feel higher than I had been feeling when I woke up. It lingers in your system a long time, much longer than ketamine, as long as 4-meo-pcp but less noticably (4-meo-pcp's hangover also lasts me 3-7 days, but it has more of a bodily component so it easier to register) which may infact make it more dangerous as you think you're much more sober than you really are.

So what do you peoples think? Is 'methoxetamine' just a bullshit marketing term that plants false or atleast misleading assumptions in peoples minds? Do you think that people would show the substance more respect if they understood that it was closely related to 3-MeO-PCE/PCP rather than just being "TEH LEGALZ KETAMINESSSsS ALTERNETIVVE"? I certainly have no intention of stopping using it, in fact I think that my bad experiences have taught me the lessons that I needed to learn to get the most out of Methoxetamine. Occasional usage, give your mind and body time to reset and reconfigure between shattering it into a million pieces floating within a metaphysical universe without time or death...

Tried the amt and mxe combo. About 60mg amt... then when I had come up I had a small bump of mxe. it was bloody lovely. I got greedy after that and the only thing is, by the end of the night i had rinsed through almost 200mg of mxe. The largest I've done in a session. I felt absolutely fine throughout and the next day. This may seem utterly stupid, but I was just so loving the m-hole. The euphoria was through the roof.

Nice post @Limonov

I agree with you on that tho as one night instead of having a nice mellow time i was filled with anger and rage. Spent most of the night wanting to destroy things and lifting weights. I could only describe it was what i imagine PCP to be like when you read things about people taking it and going on rampages/peeling off there own skin/getting shot and not noticing it.

Also yeah there does seem to be a huge amount of people using it.

Tried the amt and mxe combo. About 60mg amt... then when I had come up I had a small bump of mxe. it was bloody lovely. I got greedy after that and the only thing is, by the end of the night i had rinsed through almost 200mg of mxe. The largest I've done in a session. I felt absolutely fine throughout and the next day. This may seem utterly stupid, but I was just so loving the m-hole. The euphoria was through the roof.

Combo is great, i used to do it every weekend, 7 weekends in a row, but not done it for a while, good stuff

Anyone else surprised this stuff hasn't been all over the news and papers yet? especially considering how messy and twisted it can get you on such a small dose. i expected the press to be banging on about it ages ago, and thought it would be banned by now. wonder if many people have died or seriously injured themselves from doing too much

To be honest I'm suprised that there hasn't been anything in the papers. I mean, for fucks sake, there was a headline a while back about the 'NEW KILLER DRUG 2C-P' after some guy got arrested with a load at a festival. On one occasion I 'teleported' while K-holing (200mg ketamine IM, 50mg methoxetamine plugged for sure, possibly another 50mg plugged) from one side of my house to the other. I can remember going into the hole, watching the news and having all sorts of weird universal connections (living lives related to the television segments), then I can remember looking up at my lights and thinking they were robotic cameras examining me...then black...then I'm in my bathroom on the otherside of the house staring into the toiletbowl, which had extended into its own contained universe.

It goes down as one of my scariest drug experiences, I mean overdosing on downers is terrifying but there is an amazing clarity to what is happening and what needs to be done, but this...if I had gone outside fuck knows what could have happened? I live in the centre of the city about 4 or 5 blocks from the police station. Other than that, it was an awesome trip.

Perhaps some great mind in a high place realizes how special this substace is and is actively defending it... I hope...

Perhaps some great mind in a high place realizes how special this substace is and is actively defending it... I hope...

Then from the sounds of things this shit has the ECCO working overtime keeping its friends out of direct harms way.

I secretly hope that somehow, just somehow, it will go the way of ketamine and be banned long after the horse has bolted out of the stable. I read somewhere that it was being banned in Sweden soon though? Hopefully the central EU countries are too, uhh, distracted by other realities to get round to banning this wonderful substance.

.... [<snip>]... in fact I think that my bad experiences have taught me the lessons that I needed to learn to get the most out of Methoxetamine. Occasional usage, give your mind and body time to reset and reconfigure between shattering it into a million pieces floating within a metaphysical universe without time or death...

yeah. i think a lot has to do with why one partakes. i've read that people who are in real serious pain do not get addicted to opiate pain killers. they just experience relief. i've read that the fellow who developed this molecule had his hand blown off in the serbian war as a child. grew up to be a chemist. as someone who recently lost use of an arm and is in never ending nerve pain i view his creation as a godsend. it's all a matter of perspective. marketing? who gives a flying f*ck? if it works. if it is a cure. then so be it. people need to understand that not everyone approaches any molecule from the same angle that they personally do. kinda like, to each his/her own. as usual though, it will be the less intelligent that ruin it for some. good luck. have fun.

I have on the way a gram of MXE.
Everyone seems to talk about insufflation as a RoA, but I would prefer to vape if it's possible. Any info on this?

I'd also be interested to learn about some of the anti-depressant effects, and even how well this may be used therapeutically for changing negative thought patterns?
I ask in the interest of a close friend who's always had really negative thought patterns. Lately (always, but more so now), it's been affecting his life to a more severe degree, and he's even taking it harder than usual. I want to help him, and I know that psychadelics, and maybe more so dissociatives, can do that. He isn't very experienced in tripping though. Any advice?

Vaporizing it works, but poorly compared to sniffing, eating, sublingual or plugging. I wouldn't bother wasting it to try. The effects are shortened and you need a higher dose and it lacks the full experience.

MXE is the best antidepressant I can imagine. Consider using it in 10-20mg insufflated doses, as you won't need more than this for good antidepressant effect. And your friend might be scared away if you give him a fully dissociative dose right off. With no tolerance, certainly 15mg sniffed will put you in a much better mood in less than half an hour, and probably last all day.

MXE is not like Ketamine at all. Much more energizing, antidepressant, functional, not nearly as messy. Of course if you push your doses high you'll get dissociated, but it lacks the psychedelia and spiritual-feeling nature of a K-Hole. Maybe it's there to some extent. But the most visuals I've ever got from MXE are slight fuzziness and waviness. With Ketamine I've seen anything I could possibly imagine.

So don't use this like Ketamine or as a replacement or even as a dissociative like that. DXM is a better dissociative. MXE is an incredibly valuable tool for people with depression, anxiety, social phobias, etc. Let's not ruin it.

I suspect it hasn't been in the papers or the news yet is because most people are using it responsibly. Maybe not at first, everyone likes to test the waters, but users who have been using it for any period of time have probably wised up and use it either occasionally or more regularly as an antidepressant. Either of these usage patterns should not lead to any incidents which might cause unwanted attention.

As for the name "Methoxetamine", obviously this was coined as a clever marketing term, but who cares? ;)

I also hope it becomes popular beyond the point of really interrupting supply by the time it possibly gets banned. I don't believe this substance should be banned at all, though. It's proven extremely safe and useful to me. But the governments like to ban anything even remotely recreational, so..

In the mean time I enjoy a supply of very pure and not-too expensive MXE. I'd like to see similar chemicals invented and distributed, as I'm sure there's a lot of great substances in this class.

^ I disagree with saying its unlike ketamine... I have found it to be very similar... more spiritual if anything... its just not as fast coming on and dropping off... I've been experimenting extensively on myself as well as willing and right minded individuals... as well as a couple of unknowing/uncooperative/distressed individuals...

Trial dosages have ranged from 5-300mg and the pharmacological profile at different dosage levels mimics ketamine very closely...albeit methoxetamine requires about a third to half of a ketamine dose and lasts about 3x longer..

The only real differences seem to be that mxe is richer and warmer and doesn't incapacitate people the way ketamine does...

MXE is not like Ketamine at all. Much more energizing, antidepressant, functional, not nearly as messy. Of course if you push your doses high you'll get dissociated, but it lacks the psychedelia and spiritual-feeling nature of a K-Hole. Maybe it's there to some extent. But the most visuals I've ever got from MXE are slight fuzziness and waviness. With Ketamine I've seen anything I could possibly imagine.

So don't use this like Ketamine or as a replacement or even as a dissociative like that. DXM is a better dissociative.

Yah ketamine is far more mind bending but mxe is nice and pleasant and fills the role of ketamine for me.

Last edited:
While its easier with ketamine it is possible to achieve a hole with MXE, it just requires obscene doses.
I do prefer to use it as a social lubricant and euphoriant and anti depressant, it works VERY well at that role.

i dont think the doses are that obscene to m-hole

ive reached a hole at 110-130 mg range and its always totally calm and enjoyable in an intense way

cant wait to try n2o with it at 80mg though

Anyone else surprised this stuff hasn't been all over the news and papers yet? especially considering how messy and twisted it can get you on such a small dose. i expected the press to be banging on about it ages ago, and thought it would be banned by now. wonder if many people have died or seriously injured themselves from doing too much

knock on wood

^ I am very surprised now that you mention it. I don't think it will be long though. Legal highs are not very secret anymore.

wow, have used MXE plenty times never had any hangover feel, untill....4 days ago I had a couple of sessions perhaps a touch more than I have had before and I still feel hungover/wonky in the head, like everything is a bit sideways 8(8(8(

this is a fucking annoying feeling never had a lingering effect from any type of gear before

Status
Not open for further replies.