• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The all-new Girlie Thread: Post your beauty secrets here!

This is cute - kind of impractical but fun - Revlon's lip topping sprinkled pink - its sparkly stuff you put on your lips which looks gorgeous but is fairly impractical if you eat or drink anything as you tend to lose some if it.

^^^

I think those Revlon lip gloss kind of make your lips look like Barbie's\

I use bonne bell... im addicted to the stuff!! Woolies stopped selling it... so is harder to get now...

But is soooo worth it!

I've seen the girls on the vogue forum raving about the Revlon lip sparkle, I have a hard enough time even keeping lipstick/lipgloss on my lips though, so it wouldn't be any good for me.

Is that the Sugar Sugar thing?

Who would actually pay for that? I just don't understand.

I won some of that Sugar Sugar stuff....came with my big haul from FruityBeauty!
Haven't even used it yet but it sure is pretty....Not really a lipgloss person at all - and not lipstick! So sticky. Bleh. But I also got some of the Revlon lip stain and its great...smells so delicous too.

The best things out of the Revlon range are the liquid eyeshadows. Really great colours and go on so well. I like the gel blush a lot too. Surprisingly easy to put on!

EDIT: On the topic of men and moisturiser, Jonny (my bf) usually steals mine cos his skin is pretty dry. I got him that Nivea stuff too SLM...he liked that but goes through it too quick. He likes the Aveeno one a lot cos its fragrance free, cheap, comes in a big tube and works.

My boyfriend used to use that ProActiv stuff, but I have gotten him onto Paula's Choice stuff, I'm currently using the One Step Cleansing Stuff, and the 2% BHA liquid, and I'm really liking them. I'll probably start using some more of her products soon as well.

I have recently fallen for an online perfume supplier, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab [or as their loyal fans refer to them, BPal].

Their range is huge with new scents coming out constantly, and each of the releases have the most amazing fantastical names and descriptions!
I'll give you an example, 'Dragon's bone' which is my current favourite from the Ars Draconis group;
The dry, thin scent of a draconic ossuary. Dragon's blood resin with white sandalwood, dusty orris and crisp blonde wood.

I now have 9 3ml vials of the most amazing and unique oil blends I have honestly ever smelt.
I'm thinking I'll have to invest in some of the bigger sizes of the blends I adore the most, soon.

The best thing about these is they're relatively cheap [although postage from the UK can be a bit of a killer, I now have a supplier in Canberra who imports them] and I know nobody will be wearing the same scent as me. Ever. :D

I'm in absolute LOVE. =D

^^hmmm, i'm pretty particular with scents, i think i'd prefer to sample the scent first before buying. :\

^The vials work out to be around $3- for a 3ml bottle. People sniff and test if they like, and swap if they don't all over the forums I'm on. :)
You're bound to find something you like.. or if you're like me, collect until you have 16 you like. ;)

Seems like a lot of work, to me. ;) I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to scents... the only scented oil i really like is lotus, that a friend bought me from Egypt - not surprising, lotus flower oil is universally used in scents. Some of the blends sound lovely, though.

The website is very art nouveau... i like it. :)

I have a bunch of BPAL oils COTB, do you have any you'd like to swap? :)

What are your favourites?

^Oh yay! I just got a heap more today [around 10, I'd say] and I'm sure there'll be a few to swap. ;)
I tend to go for white musk, rose, amber, sandalwood and other soft notes.

I'll PM you with my email address and we can get swapping like real BPal nerdssss. =D

My favourites thus far;
Vixen
Medea
Dragon's Bone

I have converted back to the GREAT LASH pink and green mascara.

It is the shit.

kryalkastleE said:
I have converted back to the GREAT LASH pink and green mascara.

It is the shit.

Snap! I just bought some last weekend too. :) I had forgotten how great it is. Not as awesome as my Dior one was, but at a 1/4 of the price I'm very happy indeed.

I've made a few purchases over the last few days, and I'm set to gush about them to like-minded souls. Bear with me, if you will.
wink.gif

Number one. Possets scents. I just bought two 7ml bottles from this lovely lady. She hand blends the most beautiful fresh and pure scents I've ever tried.
Where BPal is complex and misty and mysterious, Possets is fresh and light and lovely.

I chose;
'Madame X
Wicked, sinful, hedonistic, and irresistable. You may not have the heart to play the femme fatale, but you can at least smell the part. It's musky, creamy, enticing, perfumy, slightly foody, but very skin-like. It has a profound effect on men, they have no idea of what is bothering them ...it's you. It has a profound effect on the wearer as well. Since I created Madame X I have changed my hairstyle, bought a gorgeous black strapless long dress (and have a place to wear it) and many other disturbing personality changes, too. Don't miss out on Madame X. The more I wear this one, the more I love her.
Characteristics: musky, creamy, feminine, scent locket.
'

And...

'Silver Roses
You have Silver Violets, now you have Silver Roses as well. I have a silver rose pin from the city of Hildesheim in Germany and that really popped into my head before Silver Violets did! Rose, of course, with spun sugar, vanilla, musk and magic. This one will be sticking around at least through St. Valentine's Day and perhaps beyond.
Characteristics: Floral, vanilla, charming, scent locket, feminine, home scent, long lasting.
'

Descriptions for both here.

Number two. Moogoo. I secured myself a 250gm tub of Udder Cream MSM - yes you heard right. Udder cream [here].

'This cream is made using the moisturizing base of our Full Cream with the addition 10% MSM (Organic Sulfur). This is the maximum amount of MSM we could add to the cream. Just mention MSM and watch the Naturopaths go nuts about its skin calming and healing properties. A quick Google search under "MSM Calming" or even "MSM Miracle" will show some of the properties that MSM is believed to impart to skin and general health.

Creams containing cortisone or other drugs are effective but the side effects are very significant, especially for children. We were looking for a natural and safe cream that soothed the skin. MSM was the Naturopathic answer. It is ideal for children and adults who are looking for a calming cream without drugs.The cream is also fully loaded with other natural skin healing ingredients. These include Allantoin (Comfrey Root Active), Vitamin E, Aloe Vera and Honey.

MSM is an expensive raw ingredient. Pure MSM from a health store is around $140/kg. Naturally a cream containing 10% MSM is usually very expensive. Because we supply direct, our 10% MSM cream is much more affordable than any other on the market.

If you know anyone with problem skin, we suggest they try this natural moisturizer loaded with MSM. We hate to say "Miracle Cream" but....
'

Number three. Strawberrynet stock up.

I replenished my Christian Dior Diorshow mascara [here] and 5 colour eye-shadow [here]. I haven't been able to go back to other brands since I tried it, it's just so silky! Feels like velvet when it goes on, and blends like nothing else.

Also picked up a Stila pink ribbon gift set [here] and some Chanel liquid eyeliner to try out [here].
grin.gif

No doubt I'll be giving some reviews when it all comes in. /Rubs hands
{No more spending for a while.
tongue.gif
}

Paw Paw Ointment
for everything

probably already been said ey

Aloe Vera gel (u can buy clear bottles of it in Price line) is another good topical ..thingy. Like the Paw Paw Ointment sorta..

^ I'm just rediscovering paw-paw ointment... it's the only thing stopping my lips from cracking this winter.