• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The all-new Girlie Thread: Post your beauty secrets here!

Im having HUGE mascara issues at the moment, i cant find one that defines my lashes without clumping.
I had a beautiful estee lauder one but im looking for something cheaper.
Ive trialled "Maybelline SKY HIGH Lashes"
Maybelline_Sky_High_Curves_Mascara-resized200.jpg

and i find its okay for clumpiness but i CANT GET IT OFF. tried soap, cleanser, baby wipes everything, it doesnt freaking come off!!

Also bought TURBO BOOST
Maybelline_Volum_Express_Turbo_Boost_Mascara-resized200.jpg

But its really clumpy and gross.
Also tried some other one which has two ends a white and blacka nd you put both on but it was really gross and gives you mascara black smudges everywhere!

I might try this one COTB is talking about, but i want a mascara that i can buy in myer or chemists that is relatively cheap - like $20 and isnt clumpy or wet. Any suggestions on a good mascara?

Good old Maybelline Great Lash (the pink and green one) is a classic standby. Bit boring but. I splurged on my Christian Dior and have loved it to death for nearly six months. I almost cried when I had to chuck it out the other day.

I have another 'health food shop' mascara mum gave me, it's based on Almond oil and makes your lashes really soft and really black, but unfortunately something in the formula means it doesn't stick to your lashes very well, and smears everywhere unless you're really really careful. Panda eyes aren't a good look.

So now I'm on the hunt for a new cheapie too, so I'm in the same boat KKE. I'll let you know how I go! (Gonna give the mirinesse sample a go first)

Yes i love the maybelline great lash...i think everyone had that pink and green one!!!

What about the Maybelline one with the tiny wand? The Lash Discovery?

Maybelline_Lash_Discovery_Mascara-resized200.jpg

Its pretty cheap ($14 or so) and the tiny brush is great for defining your lashes cos you dont miss a single one! Out of all the cheapies this is the one I buy the most cos its so idiot-proof ;)

About 99% of my make-up is Clinique. I think it has already being mentioned but their mascaras are fantastic. I use the High Definition Lashes, and its amazing. It costs $36.00

I can't use anything else as my skin and eyes are so sensitive everything else leaves me itchy and red. :(

kittymeow, i'm going to try that one... i have very long eyelashes and i find that they clump really easily, but i'm yet to try one of those small brushes, i'll have a crack and if it's effective, i'll take a photo of my eye and show everyone the result...if it's a disaster, i'll post, but sorry, no pic. :p;)

lil angel15 said:
About 99% of my make-up is Clinique. I think it has already being mentioned but their mascaras are fantastic. I use the High Definition Lashes, and its amazing. It costs $36.00

I can't use anything else as my skin and eyes are so sensitive everything else leaves me itchy and red. :(

Clinique do have gorge mascaras.

Why is everything good so expensive? :X

So I still haven't got that hair straightener, things (like concert tickets and so on) keep getting in the way ;) But I've been doing some research and general survey results so far say GHD all the way. I still don't know.

samadhi said:
kittymeow, i'm going to try that one... i have very long eyelashes and i find that they clump really easily, but i'm yet to try one of those small brushes, i'll have a crack and if it's effective, i'll take a photo of my eye and show everyone the result...if it's a disaster, i'll post, but sorry, no pic. :p;)

Yay piccies! Hehe. :)

It does really work quite well. You can even do your bottom lashes without looking like a racoon.

Excellent. I really love defined lashes, and i've yet to find (aside from clear mascara, which I wear to work occasionally) a black mascara that doesn't clump my eyelashes. What actually annoys me more than anything is when i wear mascara, i end up with lines on the inside of my sunnies and glasses lenses. The longest ones are just over a cm, so there's a fair bit of hair to tame on my eyes. ;)

Heehehee your lashes sound like my boyfriends.
Seriously they are the longest I have ever seen. I want to put mascara on them just to see what they look like but he has enough of a complex already! ;)

The purple covergirl one with the rubber bristles is not bad, and cheap. Whatever you do, don't buy a MAC mascara. Terrible.

samadhi can you post a pic of your eyes so i can see your lashes?? I love admiring gorgeous eyes and long lashes... please???? I am gonna check your gallery anyways to see if there are any close up's on your eyes. But post one in here! :)

If you have a bit of extra spending money i really recommend Loreal Telescopic. It's the shitznit as far as mascara's go, trust me. I have fairly long lashes too and they clump up all the time and they take allot of to to keep looking clump free and smooth, but this one is great for long lashes. One stroke and you're done! Personally i wouldn't bother with mascara at all if mine weren't so blonde on the tip. They are half black, then half blonde.... so unless i wear mascara they look suuuper short or i look like i have barely any at all.

SLM - I have had silver bullets, musters and a bunch of other straighteners. GHD have been by far the best by a long shot on my hair.