• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The all-new Girlie Thread: Post your beauty secrets here!

You can buy Klorane dry shampoo in some pharmacies and priceline type places. Its swell.

I have been staring at the new Mineral Power™ Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation and resisting the urge to buy it.. I'm usually a stalwart MAC buyer, but this has me intrigued.

mineral_power_liq_fnd_xl.jpg

Has anyone used this? I need some personal reccy's before I try it. :)

LAUGH! I can't believe you were looking for dry shampoo UAN. You should have just borrowed mine. I got it at Soul Pattison in Pitt St Mall, but Priceline stock it now too.

Glad you asked C0TB, cos I am also thinking of making the switch but I don't normally wear foundation (actually, I NEVER wear foundation).

ooh ooh I use it!

I used mineral powder for a little while but didn't really like it - it left too much of a make-up-y look and feel.

The liquid stuff is nice and light and gives nice even coverage without being too heavy. I do find it doesn't last as long as the powder though, but I'm out of primer at the moment so that might be the problem.

I like to leave MAC et al for eyeshadow/liner etc - I don't like spending big for foundation when it's the thing you use the most and runs out the fastest, so I'm really happy with the Maybelline stuff.

Anyone know if places exist where they can tell/show you how to do "natural" - but it still looks like i'm wearing something makeup, properly? In Melbourne?

Oh my GOD. I just bought a Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer on recommendation by a lot of girls on another forum I'm on. It's a natural properly moisturising [ie: not a barrier cream like paw paw or vaseline] lip balm with a tiny bit of natural colour.

I just tried it, and it feels and looks amazing! I'm completely sold and will now be buying many more colours. It's perfect for everyday use as I get moisture, a treat for my lips and some lovely colour without being too glitzy and over-the-top. Another plus is it's something stupid like $6- for a tube!

I'm now looking at their hair care, in particular the travel pack. Convenience + natural and organic + effective [apparently]. Who could ask for more? :D

Eh, I found them drying eventually. The lip shimmers that is.

Quick question for the ladies who use rosehip oil: Do you use it under moisturiser or just on its own? I used it for about a week, but it really dried out my skin and left it feeling rough. I've gone back to using normal moisturiser, but now I'm thinking that perhaps I'm supposed to use both?

I use a brightening cream, rosehip oil, primer then tinted moisturiser. I also find that this combination doesn't work as well in the colder months and I need to add some extra moisturiser because I dry out so badly at the first sign of wind or anything less than 20 degrees.

[Repost from the Girly Thread in S/O for Australian girls who might not see it]

I don't know how many of you already know of this online gem, but I am completely enamoured with About Face Cosmetics.
They sell cheap cheap cheap mineral make-up for face and eyes that is easy to use and packs a huge punch, + extras like brushes and liners etc.

Example here [not my eye];
300_pinklady.gif

They've used liquid liner here as well as the pigments, but you get the idea.

Each pot is US$4 for 3 grams, or you can spend US50c for a plastic baggy full of pigment that should last for around 5 applications. This is a great way to try out new colours you're not sure about - and oh boy, there's a looooot of colours! :D
Just ensure you use a primer underneath the eye pigments as they really need something to 'stick' to to really come out in their own.

Shipping rates are awesome, even to Australia. See here.

I just can't rave about them enough!!! So much cheaper [and imho, better] than MAC pigments.. is that blaspheme? ;):p

Does anyone know where I could get a nice parka? Preferably hooded and not too expensive (under $150 would be nice). I'm going for kind of a "kid in the 80s" vibe, but perhaps that is already covered by the fact that its a parka. I had one from that I really liked Dangerfield that was brown but it died.

Surf/skate type places often have quite nice, quite warm jackets/parkas this time of year, catering for snow bunnies.

Can any girls recommend something I could use for dermatitis in my beard and one my scalp?

*bump*

Are there any products that you use on just your head and beard? They might be the culprit, seems like a strange combination of affected areas otherwise.

Can any girls recommend something I could use for dermatitis in my beard and one my scalp?

*bump*

Yeh I have a bad scalp too so could use some advice :(

You could try:
a) taking fish oil capsules or equivalent omega-3 fatty acid supplements... lots of them, like double the recommended dose,
b) switching to an SLS-free (sodiam lauryl & soduium laureth -free) shampoo & conditioner,
c) making sure you only wash your beard & scalp in cold -> likewarm water, never hot water.