• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The all-new Girlie Thread: Post your beauty secrets here!

hardcore moisturiser

I am in need of a kickarse moistureiser. My skin is pretty dry all the time and this winter it seems way worse, anyone got any good ideas?

Umm..... if you go to the 'Body Shop' they have a lot of awesome rich and natural products that do wonders for your skin. They can be on the pricey side but i feel its money well spent. Your girl will probably know where a body shop in your area is.

SLM, Mirenesse makes a good hypoallergenic mascara, it comes off in little tubes when you rub it off, instead of flakes.

rm2x the body shop hemp moisturisers are good, my dad is a farmer and he uses them. Jurlique calendula, etc is good as well, but that's a bit more expensive.

Nicstar said:
kittymeow: No I haven't tried Matrix...might give it a go.. am going to try something new anyways so may as well go with a reccommendation.

Question for those makeup savvy people... I've often heard that one should put foundation on with a foundation brush and not fingers/sponges etc... is this true? What is this like in theory? I tried it once, and it was CRAP, had to use way more foundation, and got an uneven coverage. I still apply with my fingers..I can tend to feel how heavy/light it is and can tell if its going to be too much or too little and where i need to fix. Should I still be going down the brush path???

i think fingers are the best tools for make up imo, as brushes harbor dirt and germs which can block pores- leading to spots.

mine-

nanomax- for hair (seriously transforms your hair!)

kerastase shampoos and conditioners

hair extensions lol

fake bake

baby wipes- for taking make up off- they leave my face really soft( like a babys bum lol)

tons of sleep

brilliant silver white - if you have an orange hair crisis like i had lol

suncream

barry m nail varnish

clinque superfit foundation (kinda pricey but i swear once you find your colour it is the best foundation in the whole world)

oh yeh another thing i do before i go out to a club etc is stop at a benefit counter and they do amazing make overs for free lol.. i'm such a cheapskate lol.

Clean fingers are good for foundation and cream concealer. However, you can wash your brushes with warm water and baby shampoo, or a brush cleanser like Benefit's.

Some people like to use a brush for foundation as a more sheer result can be achieved, and this is also desirable if you use an expensive foundation and don't want to use it up too quickly.

I personally use fingers, and a sponge for blending around my nose, etc.

Last edited:
^i guess it's personal preference.. i've never been too good with applying with brushes or sponges etc.. i guess whatever works lol x

vanth said:
SLM, Mirenesse makes a good hypoallergenic mascara, it comes off in little tubes when you rub it off, instead of flakes.

I actually tried that mascara when they had their mini-sample offer, and found it really thick and gluggy & hard to apply. Maybe it was just the tiny sample bottle but I just couldn't use it, it clumped too much.

thanks anyway!!! :)

vanth said:

rm2x the body shop hemp moisturisers are good, my dad is a farmer and he uses them. Jurlique calendula, etc is good as well, but that's a bit more expensive.

I'll second the Body Shop Hemp range for dry skin. Mr S is a carpenter and he uses the tube of hand cream. Very dense and rich, it's really great.

Hey, maybe on of you girls can help me...

... I have some small scars on my face, but they're really red and annoying. I really want to remove them in some way. They are at least a year old and I tried different salves, but none worked :|

Maybe one of you girls knows a good way of getting rid of them? I was even thinking about lasering them, but if there is another way I'd be happy to try it!

cosmicdancer said:
oh yeh another thing i do before i go out to a club etc is stop at a benefit counter and they do amazing make overs for free lol.. i'm such a cheapskate lol.

hehe yep, I do that sometimes as well, it always looks great!!

cosmicdancer said:
i think fingers are the best tools for make up imo, as brushes harbor dirt and germs which can block pores- leading to spots.
Horses for courses really. :) Makeup blocks pores anyway, and fingers can be just as bad for you as using brushes. If you're going to use a sponge then make sure you change it regularly as germs are more likely to stay on a sponge than on a brush. Plus the sponges generally get tatty rather quickly. :\

cheers for that drugfukkdrockstar and vanth, I'll go check them out :)

drugfukkdrockstar said:
Umm..... if you go to the 'Body Shop' they have a lot of awesome rich and natural products that do wonders for your skin.
^Sorry to be pedantic here, but be aware these guys were bought out by L'oreal who test on animals. They may have 'natural' products, but the parent company have a history in cruelty to animals.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Anyone got any recommendations for hypoallergernic eye makeup?

An annoying problem has cropped up since I've been pregnant - god knows why! - my EYES have been really itchy, dry and sore, and seem to react with any mascara/ eyeliner I currently use. I am rubbing my eyes raw by the end of the day :( I'm just using Revlon eyeliner and Maybelline mascara.

Anyone used Alamay? are there any other good sensitive skin brands you know of?
http://www.drhauschka.com.au/products_decorative.html

I've been having trouble finding their makeup range in Australia though, but there's hope because I've seen their skincare floating around. Internet would be best bet.

nacht said:
Hey, maybe on of you girls can help me...

... I have some small scars on my face, but they're really red and annoying. I really want to remove them in some way. They are at least a year old and I tried different salves, but none worked :|

Maybe one of you girls knows a good way of getting rid of them? I was even thinking about lasering them, but if there is another way I'd be happy to try it!

Acne scars? I think IPL (laser) is going to be you're best solution. I want to get it done myself but just dont have the cash at the mo.

If the scars are on your cheeks it could be that you have rosacea http://www.rosacea.org/index.php
so it might be worth going to a dermatologist to get it checked out.

Pekkie, I agree that Dr Hauschka is very good. My old housemate had very sensitive skin and she swore by this brand. There was a list of stockists in that link you posted and they have a lot of the skin care range on StrawberryNET.

samadhi said:
I'll second the Body Shop Hemp range for dry skin. Mr S is a carpenter and he uses the tube of hand cream. Very dense and rich, it's really great.

whats the name of it samadhi? :)

I believe samadhi is thinking of the hemp hand protector

No Hairy Palms=No Teenwolf.

rm2x said:
whats the name of it samadhi? :)

Gloves.

No,
serious,
go Palmer's Cocoa Butter...

...of any description.

Best.
Eva.