• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Newcomers - Cold Water Extraction: Method Do's & Don'ts

The tolerance for pain relief is a real annoying one, it's happened to me a good few times as I sometimes get migraines. Had been munching codeine for a few weeks then had only a few left, had a migraine and was left to suffer - my own fault I guess. :eek:

Have noticed similar, K. In particular it seems to actually exacerbate my toothache once it wears off. Perhaps just down to the fact I have been analgesicised for a while so notice it more once SOPain returns with a vengeance :\

Any opioid will breed tolerance and addiction, just because of the way they work. They mimic the effects of endorphins - your body's natural pain-relieving and "feelgood" chemicals. The glands that produce endorphins get lazy, thinking they have made more than they have. It takes awhile after the cessation of medication for full production to resume.

worked perfect the other night just it wore off way too fast! felt great and had been drinking and smoking weed thought I was goin to be able to sleep, but then it left me feeling just a bit pissed and stoned :p so I ate a blotter and sniffed some coke stayed up all night on my own drinking :D

I haven't done a CWE in a while, as my tolerance doesn't permit it to be worthwhile with any sensible amount of tablets anymore. But when I used to, I always found that stirring them vigorously for that extra minute or two made a huge difference in potency.

Not saying your method is bollocks or anything shammy, as you know I have nothing but <3 for you.

Maybe it's something to do with my method that doesn't allow such a procedure as pouring the water over the powder to be effective? I certainly wish it worked for me like that though...

My Method

1. Chill 200ml water in freezer to get it fucking cold. With my old freezer it took about 10 minutes for ice to appear, the one where I am now takes about 20, I try to take it out before this happens.
2. 32 tabs in one glass, the other 32 in another glass, all ground up nicely with my grinder. Add 100ml water to each and stir vigorously for 4-5 minutes for each glass. [If I'm using tabs which dissolve easily, instead of grinding them... I'll add the water, leave them in the fridge for 5 mins and then stir for 2 mins. Seems to work out about the same.]
3. Wet an old work shirt and set it up over two pint glasses, add the solutions and give it around 15 mins (until the liquid has become sludge).
4. Pepare another pint glass with a wet coffee filter and put it to one side. Gently(!) and one at a time, squeeze the two 'parcels' of CWE into their respective glasses (the ones they are dripping into) until it starts to run cloudy and then move the parcels over to the new empty glass, and squeeze the rest into the coffee filter.

Last edited:
can any experienced junkies help me. Im on 40mg of methadone and have no dose today to get me thru. i've done a few CWE's with mixed results. I find it does take the edge off but getting high seems to be out of the question. I consider myself to have a high tolerance... I get 4 shots from an 8 ball of the best stuff i can get (hammer). How many tabs should i mix up? 10mg codiene phospate/500 para pharm choice. and why am I getting a brownish solution for the end result? its clear (no para) but slightly brown, could it be from the cofee filters? they are brown in colour, like recycled toilet paper?? i hear brown codiene is the stuff you dont want and should I be using codiene phosphate? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Brown codeine? Never heard of that. It will be brown from the filters. Codeine phosphate is right.

pfft think i messed up paramol CWE, feels like im about 100mg dhc or so, not the 200mg+ it should of been, oh well ate 40mg valium and will probably eat more because i hate life and just want to get high. lul.

edit: kicking in more, maybe the valium helps, with promethazine add more noddyness or take away europhia?)

Last edited:
I know this has been covered so many times, but ive grown really fond of dhc lately, but i can only use t shirts as filters and im sure its letting quite a bit of paracetamol through.

What i do is crush all the pills up, put in 50-100ml of water, and leave it for a while, then put it in a fridge for 20 mins or so.

Then pour through an old thin t shirt once or twice, the soloution is cloudy but ive been told with paramol (uk DHC) thats normal with fillers binders, i get a great high off it.

Any tips for getting the best amount of codeine through? A t shirt is obviously the worst part, will normal supermarkets sell coffee filters?

I also have these things ,their like very thin paper, the sort of things you can make cones with, could try that. But any reason do co op sell them sort of things?

Basiclly as im doing this 2 days in a row, i really dont want to strain my liver and want to do as safe as possible, so any tips welcome, thank you

(or point me to mega threads, although they are usually full of idiots giving conflicting advice).

Thanks.

Cut the top off a 2L plastic bottle to use as a funnel, and use a few layers of kitchen roll.. works well for me

wet the filterpaper first so it doesn't absorb the liquid you want...

ok just cut the top of a 2 litre bottle off *well mroe like 1-1.5l), tried with just water, the filter paper i dont think is actually filter paper, the water was taking soooo long to get through.

With tissues it seems to work though, just im worried it will break whilst doing it.

Will try it out tommorow with a pack of paramol.

they kind of look like this http://hospitality.zibb.com/supplie...pliers/kitchen+paper+roll+holders/us/25761145 but no coned shape or anything, its alot of money to buy paramol so dont wanna waste it, the t shirt method works but think i could get higher from filtering more and more steady.

but no cone or anything. dont want to kill my liver!

crushed up some paramol, put in small amount of water, now just waiting, will put it in fridge to cool it.

All i have is t shirts though and im worried im just wasting the dhc being soaked in the t shirts :(

No where local i dont think will sell coffee filters.

i have these things that look like filters, put putting them in a cone and putting wateri n them doesnt work.

Also suggested was cut off top of bottle and stuff with kitchen roll, surely some para could get through?

paranoid about liver failure :p

Also, anyone have any experience with opiates and lyrica mixed, feeling good of 600mg pregablin hoping the opi buzz is nice.

Soak the t-shirts in water before filtering, same as you would if you were using a coffee filter.

Some people use kitchen roll rather than coffee filters (surely you can get hold of that?) but the t-shirts should work fine. Remember that Paramol solutions tend to be a little cloudier than co-codamol ones.

fair enough mate ill look for a (thin) t shirt?

hmm looking forward to valium, lyrica and dhc mix, should be lovely :) (but will be careful!)

i dont get how kitchen roll would work, wouldnt it just all mush in the roll and not come out?

I don't use kitchen roll personally, but it's supposed to work very well.

Remember that Paramol solutions tend to be a little cloudier than co-codamol ones.

From my experience paramol solutions can get to the point where they're milky looking. Depends on the amount you use, but colour of the solution isn't a great judge of purity with paramol extractions.
Think its been said on here that its cause of a water soluble coating on the outside of the pills.

using kitchen roll now, should of used a t shirt it doesnt look like its filtering well :p

how long does filtering through tissue/ktichen paper take? Seems to be alot longer than when i used to use t shirts.

Last edited:
use 3 sheets of kitchen roll, takes an age to filter but is normally crystal clear (maybe not with paramol) filtering slowly generally means it is filtering better not worse.