• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Newcomers - Cold Water Extraction: Method Do's & Don'ts

I actually kept the left over 'gunk' aka paracetemol and dried it out to see how much roughly i'd filtered, and it turned out it was almost the whole lot as it almost filled all of the 4 empty discarded co-codamol capsules. So as I said, teabag method seems to be only suitable when working with SMALL AMOUNTS like this ONLY. If I was to do a CWE on anything over 3 or 4 grams i'd buy coffee filters as the tea bag method is inefficient and only good in a pinch when using small amounts of APAP. I'd be hesitant to use clothing to be honest, the gaps between the fabric often seem too large to be used as a suitable filter.

On the one hand you are right it's not really worth a CWE for such little material, but then again 1 gram is the recommended maximum dose and this is a harm reduction board. You don't want to fuck around with paracetemol overdosing as everyone reacts differently. I've read cases where 3000mg of paracetemol has required hospitalisation due to liver damage, so it would be irresponsible to say it isn't worth it. IzaBadger! can unfortunately tell you all about apap overdose. Sorry to hear about that.
It was also an opportunity for a 'trial run' to get familiar with the extraction process before using high amounts of paracetemol found in the OTC products which obviously you cannot fuck about with and use tea bags for ;-). If I was working with anything more than 3-4 grams of paracetemol and the solution ended up being anything less than transparent I wouldn't drink it for shit. You cannot cut corners, liver damage has no symptoms and neither does the first 24 hours of paracetemol overdose. That personally scares the shit out of me and it should scare everyone else too.

Peace.

CWE using the effervesent variety of 500/8mg

I take it this does not make a difference (apart from it being hell to put 32 tablets into a cup...) This is my 1st time trying it and I was going for the full box. Just wondering how operational I will be amongst friends/family? And I take it there is no hangover? It is cooling in the freezer as we speak =D

Don't do it.

The effervescent tablets are designed so the paracetamol is more soluble (or summat).

If you want your liver to be fully operational then forget about it.

i couldnt handle the taste and just threw it anyway, thanks.

Seriously, it was HORRIBLE.

I take it this does not make a difference (apart from it being hell to put 32 tablets into a cup...) This is my 1st time trying it and I was going for the full box. Just wondering how operational I will be amongst friends/family? And I take it there is no hangover? It is cooling in the freezer as we speak =D

Why do you think people would bother with all that grinding if the effervescent variety worked.. We're not (all) that stingy :D

Yeah effervescent definitely do not work for cwe. However for future reference, the taste is terrible even when it works so I find the best method is to have a large glass of smoothie at the ready (the banana, coconut and something else one by innocent is amazing), hold your nose, chug the cwe (I have to do it in 2 goes because I use a lot or water (200ml) and I'm a wuss) and then chase it immediately with the smoothie before you let go of your nose. Swill it around your mouth, swallow, then take another sip to be sure the taste is gone. the second best thing I find is orange soda (not tried many flavours/brands because I use smoothie mostly but I know fanta orange works well), but doesn't get rid of the taste completely. Ymmv, but that always works for me.

(sorry for any bad grammar, posting from phone).

Last edited:
There's so, so many threads on this that a bash on the search function could have answered this rather quickly ;)

But yes - Don't use effervesent tabs at all as the Paracetamol is in a more water-soluble salt form, plus it's full of things like Sorbitol and other salts which aren't good for you in excess amounts.

ok questions guys!

got 64 8mg/500mg generic pills, crushing them now, got 100ml of cool water in the fridge which I intend to split into 4 glasses (25ml of water each) and put 16 crushed pills in each glass then put those glasses in the fridge for an hour or something?

another question after the glasses look like they have gunk at the bottom are they ready to put through the filters?

and another question! the only coffee filters I could find are these aroma ones

melitta_original_enl.JPG

will the 'aroma' or whatever in the filters make a difference to the filtering?

much love :)

The powder/water combo is ready to filter as soon as the glass is cold to touch. That will depend on how much water you use, but about an hour will be ok. Like you say, when the gunk has settled is a good indicator.

Also, I've used those filters before - they're fine. Although, they are pretty weak when wet and pouring the solution in. I'd use a couple of layers, or else you may find the filter rips as you pour in the gunky solution...

ok questions guys!

got 64 8mg/500mg generic pills, crushing them now, got 100ml of cool water in the fridge which I intend to split into 4 glasses (25ml of water each) and put 16 crushed pills in each glass then put those glasses in the fridge for an hour or something?

Sounds good to me man :)

another question after the glasses look like they have gunk at the bottom are they ready to put through the filters?

Yes, when you've allowed the powder to soak, even just for a minute or 2, it's totally fine to put through the filter, but you will want to swill the solution around so that non of the powder gets stuck at the bottom of your glass. Though you can scrape it out afterwards.
It's just so you get all of the gunk out into your filters so you can squeeze all the Codeine/Water solution out of it.

and another question! the only coffee filters I could find are these aroma ones
will the 'aroma' or whatever in the filters make a difference to the filtering?

That's very weird! :D Never seen those before. Do they actually have a Coffee aroma about them? Anyway, I'm certain that it won't hamper your operation at all. I agree that you should use two for each 25ml you want to filter too, just to be safe that it will be stronger and, if it does rip, you've got a backup one underneath. ;)
much love :)

Much love to yerself sir! :) And happy CWEing! ^_^

ta very much!

does it matter if there are afew tiny lumps among the powder before putting them in the glasses? used a weed grinder then a card most is powder but there are a few lil lumps and its taking a while to crush them all :)

Nah, they'll be fine - if you want, put the powder in a folded bit of paper and run a wine bottle over it. Will turn to dust a few second ;)

thanks

currently in the freezer there is a layer of gunk at the bottom and cloudy water above, not sure if it's ready? not very good with this sort of thing =D

Yea it'll be all good :) I use a metal weed grinder myself and it's always fine ;)
Just swish it around and leave it for a couple of mins and it'll all be nicely "dissolved" ^_^
You really don't need to leave it in the water for long at all :) It's definitely ready.

why have you put it in the freezer? tap water is plenty cold enough at this time of year
crush, add water, stir, filter
not much more to it

^ Precisely. I've always just used tap-cold water except for during summer and my liver's tip top :)
I'm sure I added that to my first post and have reiterated so plenty atime ;)