• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Newcomers - Cold Water Extraction: Method Do's & Don'ts

That looks OK. It will never be completely clear due to some of the soluble fillers in the pills...

That's about the clearest it will get but if you're ever unsure DON'T drink it. Cool it some more with an ice cube and refilter. If you wet the filter papers beforehand it speeds up the process Somewhat.

It's impossible to say how much paracetamol (acetaminophen) is left but bear in mind paracetamol is VERY insoluble in cold water, if you ensure the water is cold then the vast, vast majority should not be in the final solution...COLD water is the key.

Last edited:
How much water was used?
Paracetamol/APAP is barely soluble in 20 celcius H2O, 7mg/ml.

If his pic is the total amount of filtrate then 50-100ml at most. Providing the water was Cold then there should be virtually no paracetamol in there i don't think

I used about 150ml water. At least most of the readings in the forums people were saying they use 150ml.

I already drank it, the codein is doing it's job right now. I feel good and calm, I feel my face kinda numb? But maybe it's normal with the codeine, I use this for first time so I don't have any previous experience with it.

I decided to risk because the acetaminophen was total 3000, so even if there is like 1/3 left (in the worst case) is like 1000mg which I think it's ok and not harmful.

Everything else during the process was ok. I think 150 ml is good for start, next time maybe I will try with less water like 120-130ml? When I mixed it I left it to for 5-6 min on room temperature, I've read its good to stay little bit before I put it in the freezer. Then I cooled it down in the freezer for about 40min there wasn't any ice or signs of start freezing up, the liquid was really cold tho. I think I did it OK for my first time. Next time maybe I will use different kind of filter just to try. I didn't have any coffee filters, so I did it with paper towel. I watched a guy doing it and it looked pretty good.

This is the half of the product, I used 2 glasses with 2 filters so it can be faster. Then I just drank both of the glasses

Use a max. of 5ml per pill with T3/Vikes.
T1's are the kind you don't wanna push over 4ml/tab.

You should be fine.

Use a max. of 5ml per pill with T3/Vikes.
T1's are the kind you don't wanna push over 4ml/tab.

You should be fine.

This is good to know, thank you for the advise. I will try with this amount tomorrow. Now I will just enjoy the hour of tranquility :)

I used 10 pills not 7, but still now I know its too much water. Note taken, next time I will do it with no more than 50-60ml

Use a coffee filter. They're very cheap and safer than just using paper towels.

Cold water, not too much water and a decent filter..... You cant really go wrong. Years ago when I was prescribed codeine phosphate I did hundreds of these and they're not hard. It is a bit daunting the first time though if you're not sure.

You seem to have done OK though. If you get all the above points right then as long as there are no obvious white residue in your filtrate then as sprout says you should be fine...

You can always request a liver function test from your doctor if you are considering doing this regularly.

We use 3 damp coffee filters and a lot less cold water. That stuff is vile to drink. Mix it with some strong fruit diluting squash or the like Alkaya and enjoy.

Good morning guys, today will be my experiment number two. My plan is this time like Sprout said to use ~5ml per pill, I will use same amount of pills (10), so I will put 50ml this time, and I got myself the coffee filters and I will use them instead of the paper towel + I got a pill crusher with little container in it so I won't lose any of the powder. I have 1 more question tho.
Can I use a bottle instead of glass to mix the pill powder with the warm water (shaking it) and then put it in a glass for the freezer? I think shaking the bottle will do better job with the mixing?

Yes you can do that but it's not absolutely necessary. Also while you can dissolve in warm water and then cool but this is not really necessary either as codeine is very soluble in cold water.

It's good you're taking the time to learn this properly but honestly it's not complicated...

Codeine soluble in cold water... Paracetamol very insoluble.. It's that simple...

There is no need to use warm water at all in this process. It just complicates matters and increases the risks. Keep water cold and low volume.

Thank you I will do my test in about an hour and I won't use warm water this time. I know it may be annoying with all these questions but still as easy and simple it looks still safety first :) I am very pedantic guy who must do everything as close as possible to perfection so thank you all for the kind responses and the help you provided me! :) :)

It's not annoying mate...

People would rather you ask and stay safe than hurt yourself..

I used to keep jugs of water in the fridge constantly for my extractions. Don't forget to prime your filters with cold water before filtering the solution.