• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Newcomers - Cold Water Extraction: Method Do's & Don'ts

There's very little agreement about which is better recreationally out of codeine and DHC.

My advice is to try both and see which camp you fall into, if any.

PS: One more quick CWE question - would I be right in thinking that it's best for the solution to be filtered faster rather than slower? Seems to make sense to me and it definitely goes through kitchen roll far quicker than it does cotton.

In a way, yes it would be better because the water spends less time in a "room-temp." environment so therefore doesn't warm up as much, but I've left mine for some time (purely because of having to due to the amount of pills used) and all is well :)
The only thing I'd be worried about is that it might be letting Paracetamol particles through if it's going through faster = larger "holes" in the filtering material of choice.

Good point, Monsta. Maybe that's why I could taste paracetamol in the end product? Was thinking that the longer it sits dripping through at a snail's pace the more likely it was to be dissolving excess paracetamol whilst it was at it. The bigger holes thing does fit with me being able to taste it when I never can when I use me T-Shirt which takes so much longer to filter. Could be solved by just adding more layers of kitchen roll though, I'm sure. Will report back when it's codeine o'clock again. Which will be fairly soon ;)

slower generally equals better filtering, some shirts are decent filters, others are too loose weave hence being reluctant to advise a shirt as a filter.

One I was using is woven tight as the proverbial gnat's chuff, Evad. And also folded so it's four layers thick. Wouldn't try it with more aerated ones. Will probably try a thicker wad of kitchen roll though cos I'm getting sick of washing all the gunk out of me shirt.

Would bubblebags used for making bubblehash be of any use here as they have specific micron sizes? just a thought...

They'll be too big I think. The size of a particle of THC/CBD oil grains will quite likely be larger than some of the Paracetamol particles that find themselves in suspension in cold water.

hmm yea i was thinking that too, ah well.. and yea for the price of some coffee filters id never ruin a set of 100£+ at least set of bags.

Got some linctus on its way to me,should make for a very comfy day whenever it arrives :D

Just had me codeine for the day. Used my old technique of water through powder rather than mixing as well as doubling the thickness of kitchen roll. Still filtered pretty rapidly but tasted very strongly of codeine with no obvious taste of paracetamol. Think I may have found my preferred method as long as that strong taste of codeine translates into strong effects of codeine anyway ;)

Wow you're all serious! But nobody yet explains the vaginal suppository method to we innocents.

Is it really so difficult to get a codeine handout from your GP? Explain the paracetemol vapours are killing you and throw yourself on his mercy. If he shows none, whack him. Or her. Have a loitering mate offer to mind the door for minimum wage. The GP may figure their schnozz is worth a tithe and your mate can see you all right with stolen prescription forms when you get out of gaol.

See, no problem. Now make a nice cup of filtered coffee.

GPs seem reluctant to hand out anything when your reason is "because i wanted a bit of a buzz" :(

Indeed. And a damn shame it is too :(

Charlie: Given the fact you've had a diamorph script for years you may be slightly out of touch with what us mere mortals get from our docs ;)

In CWE news, that one definitely hit the spot :)

Shammy: Use Asda Smart Price kitchen roll, seriously. The more expensive stuff doesn't filter properly, for some reason. Soak it with water first, obviously, to stop it soaking up any goodness. Two layers will provide a clear solution.

Treac, I keep telling you I have no idea where there even is an Asda round here. Not within a viable radius though for sure. The town I live in is consists of literally two streets (the high street and the road out of town) and a few residential side streets and it's a 45-minute train journey I can't afford to the nearest (small) town (which has a Somerfield and a Lidl I think). I have a Co-Op and a Spar to choose from and that's it. No other shops are even an option :\

I think you may well have a point about it being shite roll though. Can really taste the paper in the solution which doesn't bode well perhaps. Will see what they have for sale in the shops I do have within range next week.

GPs seem reluctant to hand out anything when your reason is "because i wanted a bit of a buzz" :(

No, you fool, you're in pain! Straining is stressful, get some benzos while you're there.

Whatcha mean I'm out of touch, Sham? Lady Gaga, Richard and Judy's Book Club, Barack Obama. See? I'm off to the hop now, drop some cocos, dig some wild bebop and dance the locomotion with the rest of the krazy kids.

Sorry, Sham - I keep forgetting you live in the middle of nowhere. All I can suggest is to use the cheapest kitchen roll you can find. It appears to filter better, as it doesn't have super absorbent qualities (lots of air and holes).

I haven't read through the entire thread, but in case it hasn't been mentioned. CWE is an excellent way to separate the codeine from paracetamol, but, codeine itself compared to stronger opiates like oxys and heroin is extremely weak - even in higher doses, for any regular opiate users out there this is more so to get rid of withdrawals and for those who don't just expect a nice warm fuzzy blanket for a few hours.

Also it's worth remembering that codeine has a ceiling dose, which I recall (could possibly be wrong - someone can confirm this) of around 400-500mg, so there is no point going any higher and risking paracetamol getting into your extraction. If you get a high and enjoy it, don't use regularly as you'll quickly get a tolerance and when you suffer from something that requires codeine for pain killing you'll struggle more to get rid of the pain.

Should've read the thread ya lazy sod ;)

Codeine's relative weakness has been thoroughly covered and the supposed "ceiling dose" pretty much debunked for the myth it is ;)

Spot on with it producing tolerance and withdrawal with excessive use even if it is "weak" though :)