• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"The parsley industry make a killing from PCP users"

When I was doing K often I would worry about getting straight high gravity and not being able to move fast enough if my house had a wiring problem or dropped an candle and buring my house down lol.

That's what you were worried about? I was at most worried about where I'd be getting more K, if even that. Shit was good, didn't have time to worry when I was having weird out of body experiences that made my life into a fucking video game. Just blow on the cartridge pins and reset the system. ;)

You can get PCP on the streets anyday of the week in Jersey City in the state I was raised, also super prevalent in Camden and is available in the same manner as Cocaine. Couldn't even count how many times I smoked that stuff, love it. And believe it or not it feels way different than the 3-HO/3-MeO to the extent I was very surprised when I ran trials with those. It is much visual and intoxicating in general and it's easy to go overboard without meaning to because if the random dosage. In Jersey City there is an area known as the "Wet Lands" where it is sold on the blocks. The gangs smoke that stuff all day and shoot at eachother, shits nuts. Never realized how rare it was till coming around Bluelight. I know alot of people who used it daily for years and are fucking bonkers.

Yeah it seems like it's isolated in inner city pockets these days. I have never seen it or heard about it being around anywhere I've lived. I'd love to get my hands on some pure PCP powder so I could dose it correctly, it sounds like a really unique and recreational dissociative. It's on my bucket list but so far I have yet to come across it.

I live in the Appalachian mountains so not many gangs around here lol. Ive been in every scene there is here for 15 years and ive literally never even heard of it being here. Ive heard a few people that said they had some laced shit, but given the time period im gonna say it was 'noids at best. I usually go by the gold standard that unless its accidental, or theyre just sharing with you, dealers don't give away free drugs.

If I had a way to properly dose pcp, I would probably try it. I enjoy the occasional dissociative.

@SunriseChampion I wasn't exactly biting my nails worried lol. But the thought did cross my mind...stranger things have happened. Loved to do K outside!

@Jopeth I also live in Appalachia. :) What part? You can PM me if you don't want to say publicly (or not, that's fine too)

You can get PCP on the streets anyday of the week in Jersey City in the state I was raised, also super prevalent in Camden and is available in the same manner as Cocaine. Couldn't even count how many times I smoked that stuff, love it. And believe it or not it feels way different than the 3-HO/3-MeO to the extent I was very surprised when I ran trials with those. It is much visual and intoxicating in general and it's easy to go overboard without meaning to because if the random dosage. In Jersey City there is an area known as the "Wet Lands" where it is sold on the blocks. The gangs smoke that stuff all day and shoot at eachother, shits nuts. Never realized how rare it was till coming around Bluelight. I know alot of people who used it daily for years and are fucking bonkers.
Yeah it is super common in the multi-state area of PA/NJ/NY/DE/MD, and in DC. I never used PCP but I grew up with 100s of people who have. Nobody went crazy, had bad trips and needed to go to hospital, or became violent, but one guy who was a real dust head as a teen and smoked lots of PCP the way many people smoke weed daily, and as you wrote the PCP fried his brain.

PCP was fairly popular when I was a teenager as well, though that was quite a while ago now. I was too timid to try it at the time, given the scare stories that had already become common knowledge, and I've never really run into it again. Even though I recall it being used by my peers across racial lines (white/black/Puerto Rican), PCP had already been heavily stigmatized as a "ghetto drug" by then, which I was reminded of when I saw a documentary on Rodney King recently -- the LAPD officers in the case just kept repeating the "fact" that he had been high on PCP when they caught him, even though nothing in the toxicology or otherwise corroborated that.

When the first wave of hysteria over PCP took place in the late 70s, I think the concern was more that PCP would become the popular "designer drug" of the era. (Though the Gil Scott-Heron song "Angel Dust" from that time period also attests to the fact that it was already popular among inner-city black users as well.) There was certainly a panic over it, but I imagine that PCP (and most disassociatives) are somewhat self-limiting as to how many people enjoy them enough to use regularly -- unlike cocaine/crack, for instance, which presumably starts out with a much higher and more consistent "likinig" score across the population...

On the PCP episode of Hamilton's Pharmacopeia they looked over a common synth to make PCP and found a cyanide byproduct in the final product. Can anyone with chemistry knowledge chime in on just how dangerous it would, if at all, to consume? I imagine further clean up would eliminate that toxic byproduct. I was just wonder if that is just sloppy synths or inevitable to have that byproduct.

Last edited:
It is certainly not inevitable, regardless of what it is. I'm not sure what the last "C" in PCC stands for, but I know that PCC was found in a bad batch of 3-MeO-PCP a few years back.

On the PCP episode of Hamilton's Pharmacopeia they looked over a common synth to make PCP and found a cyanide byproduct in the final product. Can anyone with chemistry knowledge chime in on just how dangerous it would, if at all, to consume? I imagine further clean up would eliminate that toxic byproduct. I was just wonder if that is just sloppy synths or inevitable to have that byproduct.
The cyanide compound is PCC.its an organic cyanide so it's not deadly like hydrogen cyanide or potassium cyanide but it is not good for you and can cause allergic reactions and sensitivity issues.its an intermediate product in the synthesis and gets left in there in due to not purifying the product properly or because it's hard to remove or something.

Thanks Draculic, good info I think people should know if they are going to experiment.

The cyanide / PCC route is used because it is simple, high-yielding, and was the first published synthesis IIRC. When the synthesis is done correctly (or the final product is purified somehow) there should be no PCC remaining whatsoever.

That said, there are indeed better methods, my favourite being the reacton of pentamethylene 1,5-bis(magnesium bromide), easily derived from 1,5-dibromopentane & the amide formed from benzoic acid and piperidine. Could be used to make any substituted PCP analog actually, just vary the substituent on the benzoic acid. And no phenyllithium/phenylmagnesium bromide or cyclohexanone needed. (both watched) I think you can actually make piperidine via dibromopentane, even...

Another route goes via the cyclohexanone-piperidine imine & phenyllithium. No cyanide needed.

Gil Scott-Heron song "Angel Dust"

Really good track. Needs to be bastardized into a rap song about how great it is to smoke wet and kill cops or something.

The cyanide / PCC route is used because it is simple, high-yielding, and was the first published synthesis IIRC. When the synthesis is done correctly (or the final product is purified somehow) there should be no PCC remaining whatsoever.

That said, there are indeed better methods, my favourite being the reacton of pentamethylene 1,5-bis(magnesium bromide), easily derived from 1,5-dibromopentane & the amide formed from benzoic acid and piperidine. Could be used to make any substituted PCP analog actually, just vary the substituent on the benzoic acid. And no phenyllithium/phenylmagnesium bromide or cyclohexanone needed. (both watched) I think you can actually make piperidine via dibromopentane, even...

Another route goes via the cyclohexanone-piperidine imine & phenyllithium. No cyanide needed.

Really good track. Needs to be bastardized into a rap song about how great it is to smoke wet and kill cops or something.
As for the rap song about getting wet and killing cops hell yeah.
As for the benzoic acid+piperidine amide wouldn't that leave an extra carbon in the molecule?
My synth idea would be phenyl cyclohexanol+ brominating agent-> phenyl cyclohexylbromide+ piperidine= pcp.but the phenyl lithium method sounds more like the best route that doesn't use cyanide.

Last edited:
Just thought about it.that extra carbon from the benzoic acid goes in the cyclohexyl ring.thats really neat.no bromobenzene needed but 1,5 pentanediol isn't so common though

I just remembered, I read on the brochure for some custom synthe company that was making PCP (for forensic use I hope)... you can also substitute 1,2,3 triazole for cyanide salts in the oldschool synthesis as well. So instead of PCC you do cyclohexanone+triazole+piperidine and form "TCP" or 1-(1-(1H-1,2,3-triazol-1-yl)cyclohexyl)piperidine, then react that with your phenyl-alkali metal.

That said, there are indeed better methods, my favourite being the reacton of pentamethylene 1,5-bis(magnesium bromide), easily derived from 1,5-dibromopentane & the amide formed from benzoic acid and piperidine.

This sounded funny Sekio, almost the same as saying someone's favorite flavor of skittles are the green ones.:D A favorite PCP synth. What a hoot!! lol