• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official NFL 2005 Season Thread

michael said:
you're comparing a contract holdout to someone that ran a person over in his car?

in any case, current espn.com headline: "Chronic Distraction: Moss admits marijuana usage." i'd be pretty fucking distracted wondering if my star player was going to get suspended for 4 games.

it appears that people here are a lot more distracted by anything than the eagles are.

Youre right. Moss is just as bad. I just hate TO more . . . and I dont have to explain myself either!!!!=D =D =D

i wa at last nights game and it was pretty funny to see people decide, after the eagles first play, that TO probably isn't such a bad guy after all.

nahhh...he doesn't have a reason to believe he's underpaid. ;) I don't think it'll be much of a problem for T.O. to win back a lot of fans once the season rolls along and his plays make them all warm n fuzzy.

I miss those kinds of plays. Instead I'm stuck watching Alex Smith produce the game-winning OT drive throwing to the likes of Rashaun Woods wearing TO's number, except Woods is in the doghouse. These guys are supposedly the 49er future. It's probably not a good time to restart my "WE WANT MIKE WILLIAMS" chant that I began over a year and a half ago.

but hey, Arnaz Battle looks like a gamer. :D

i was actually surprised in that i didn't really hear a lot of boo-birds. the way a lot of dumbshits have been talking you'd think he raped their mother.

chiefs cut freddie mitchell. who's going to entertain me by saying stupid shit now?

Beagle said:
Btw, Roy Williams looked really big for a fuckin safety.

Roy Williams is - in layman's terms - a "freak of nature."

Originally posted by michael
i wa at last nights game and it was pretty funny to see people decide, after the eagles first play, that TO probably isn't such a bad guy after all.

i believe you are correct. there is nobody more fickle than a sports fan.

alasdair

Suprising everyone, it will be Tampa Bay vs. New England this year. Those nasty Bucs will shine in the end.

Glad to see that the Pats covered the spread lastnight and Brady had a pretty damn good game for my fantasy team.

Some people are picking the Pats to 3 peat but I don't think so. It is hard to say who is going to be a really contender seeing as no one else has played yet but the Pats don't seem to have the magic that they have had the past 2 seasons.

So that was week one. Sure didn't see Minnesota losing to Tampa, nor Miami beating Denver. I'm trying not to think about St. Louis' special teams right now - my day's been too good otherwise.

^^^ahhh three picks I made correctly this week. :D

morons.jpg

49ers in 1st place. Have to say it now since I don't know how long it's going to last. ;)

Ahem, Colts .

Let's see how their D can hold up against a better offense...someone like Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor, perhaps. But for the most part, the second half was pretty damn good football imo.

How do you throw Trotter out before a game. He didnt even throw a punch. And they even reviewed it and didnt see it. Idiots. I hope Kearse puts his hat in Vicks chin.

Well, as after watching the Colts vs Ravens game last night, as a Steeler fan, i im not concerned with either of them. Baltimore would have won if they had any offense at all to score and keep thier defense off the field. The ravens D just got tired at the end. I dont buy the colts D being that good. Its an ok defense but they were going up against a very crappy offense. So, my Steelers should beat Balitmore 2 times this year. Im more worried about the Bengles than Baltimore at this point.

The Steeler vs Colts game should be pretty good bieng in Indianopolis. Will be tough away.

whats up Philly?

Boyz 2 Men still keepin' up the beat.

Freeeeeedom of '76.

/me does the dirty bird.

i'm not sure how often the game plan of having the third assistant jock strap carrier start a fight and manage to get someone on the other team ejected is going to work for them.

probably more frequently than either of us could imagine.

Was your defended going to hold the falcons to under 10 points? Or was he going to find a way to replace your kicker mid-game?

Last edited:
atlas said:
probably more frequently than either of us could imagine.

Was your defended going to hold the falcons to under 10 points? Or was he going to find a way to replace your kicker mid-game?

Ummm 50 yard kicks, don't really qualify as a "mid-game". I think Trotter wouldve atleast helped stop Dunn. That fast little bastard. Damn did Andy Reid just tell MCNabb not to move at all anymore?