• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official NFL 2005 Season Thread

dwight_freeney.jpg

My boy Dwight had three sacks tonight against the Browns (who up until this game had protected Dilfer from being sacked)!!! Keep it up, Indy D!

doesn't it sound weird to say that the indy defense is winning games instead of their offense?

i'm also wondering how mcnabb managed 365 passing yards while looking terrible at the same time.

westbrook was again a bright spot for the eagles.

Banquo said:
the Pack turned it around last year. there is no reason why they can't do it again. that game got exciting towards the end. had it not been for that push off in the end zone, there might have been enough time for Farve to score again. he was on a streak.

Plenty of reasons. Starting running back (man he is killing my fantasy football team, wasted a late 2nd round pick on him) hasnt rushed for a td or 100 yards in 10 consec weeks. Favre is older, with a demolished o-line, and they lost one of the top 5 recievers in the league to an injury. As much as I like Favre, his team isn't good enough to overcome the mistakes he's been making.

smotpoker said:
Haven't seen any posts here in a while.

But I just wanted to point out to everyone that the BUNGALS are 3-0 and in 1st place in the AFC North. And they've been winning pretty soundly.
Who dey, who dey, who dey think gonna beat them Bengals!!!!

And so far Carson Palmer has been the sole reason I'm undefeated so far in fantasy football:)

Yea me too, I used a 5th round pick on Vick, then a 11th on Palmer! Right now I can trade Vick, or have great depth at QB, b/c Palmer is the 2nd highest scoring QB in the league. He is def. helping out my other player who are sucking it up (that means you Ahman Green!!!!)

^ I can't believe no one noticed that! it must be a NFL conspiracy to keep the Pats in power.

Yep, I've been calling for a conspiracy ever since 9/11. Did anyone else notice that right after 9/11, the NEW ENGLAND ALL FUCKN AMERICAN RED WHITE AND BLUE PATRIOTS became unstoppable? And what really irked me was it seems like every fucking game the announcers say shit like: What a heroic effort by Tom Brady!! HEROIC!!!

man, if you have to fall back on "we would have won the game if..." how about if you were up 10 points when the clock error was made adam viniateri's foot could have gone up his own ass for all you care?

stuff like this happens in sport all the time. sometimes it goes your way. sometimes it goes the other guys way. you have to find a way to deal with it. but blaming it for a loss. well, that's just weak, to me.

the simple fact is the steelers have a problem with the patriots. especially at home.

there. i've said it.

:)

alasdair

alasdairm said:
man, if you have to fall back on "we would have won the game if..." how about if you were up 10 points when the clock error was made adam viniateri's foot could have gone up his own ass for all you care?

stuff like this happens in sport all the time. sometimes it goes your way. sometimes it goes the other guys way. you have to find a way to deal with it. but blaming it for a loss. well, that's just weak, to me.

the simple fact is the steelers have a problem with the patriots. especially at home.

there. i've said it.

mistakes do happen in sports. after all officials are only human, right?

wrong. there are two officials that just watch and handle the clock. adding 52 seconds in the last quarter in a game that important and hard fought (and decided in one second) is blashpemous. saying the Steelers have a problem with the Pats is ambigous because most teams in the NFL have lost to the Pats, and the men in gold and black did break their regular season streak.

it was a hard fought game between both teams - they did not let down from all the hype. I suppose nothing can be done anymore - but in middle school for precarious games like this we had something called "do-overs."

only in a perfect world. :D

alasdairm said:

there. i've said it.

:)

alasdair

I never said "We would have won the game if" The way the game was going the team that won the coin toss probably would have won the game.

Come on 52 seconds of extra game time doesnt happen "alot" in any sport.,

smotpoker said:
Yep, I've been calling for a conspiracy ever since 9/11. Did anyone else notice that right after 9/11, the NEW ENGLAND ALL FUCKN AMERICAN RED WHITE AND BLUE PATRIOTS became unstoppable? And what really irked me was it seems like every fucking game the announcers say shit like: What a heroic effort by Tom Brady!! HEROIC!!!

I thought I was the only one who thought this kind of stuff! :)

You never know....

that steelers/patriots clock mess was nobody's fault but the steelers. how could you not notice that shit in a close game?? just goes to show how fucking stupid/dumb pittsburg is. ben spamburger and the steelers cannot and will not be able to get past NE if they meet in the playoffs this year. as much as i hate pittsburg and NE and the entire AFC, somebody from that cock sucking conference will make the super bowl. i hope it's indy b/c it looks like it's their time.

GOD BLESS the NFC. yes, the conference is a lot weaker than the AFC, but it's like the underdog of the entire NFL. i hope and pray than donovan mcnabb and the E-A-G-L-E-S make it back to the super bowl and win the fucking thing this year. yes, donovan is hurt, and yes TO is his typical self. when the 2 of them get on the field, they can ball. i agree that TO is an asshole, but he can catch and run with the ball when it's thrown to him. did TO deserve more $?? hell yes, but he signed a contract. shut up and honor it. after PHILLY wins the super bowl this year, then he and his asshole agent drew can sit down with EAGLES brass and figure shit out.

until then let's all focus on week 4 and our opponents. if your team wins, fucking A great!! if your team loses, it's only week 4 and hopefully they'll bounce back and win next week. but THANK GOD football is back and we have something to entertain us and talk about until febuary of 06!!

Originally posted by rowland2110
Come on 52 seconds of extra game time doesnt happen "alot" in any sport.,

i agree - i'm not aware that i said it did.

my point is that mistakes are made all the time. sometimes they go your way. sometimes they go the other guy's way and, at the end, it all comes out in the wash.

alasdair

^ sometimes it all comes out in a wash - sometimes 52 seconds was accidentally added to the clock under the 2 min warning while the kicker kicks a field goal w. 1 second remaining.

hey it's all relative? ;)

It was a pretty win, but its another win! The Bengals are 4-0 for the first time since 1988 ...... the last time they went to the Super Bowl. Coincidence? I think not, haha. Oh well ....

WHO DEY!

dayum your Cats just BARELY squeeked by the Texans and you already have the SB in sight?

typical Nasti fan. :D jk

Hello NFL

I would like to introduce you to Mike Patterson. Playing way beyond his years. What a great game and an awesome display by the Eagles. Go Birds!

Originally posted by SonOF
McNabb will go back to rifling the ball to people's feet, and the defense will not be able to pick up the slack.

What's that? Can't QUITE hear you.