• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official NFL 2005 Season Thread

^^The eagles mos def need Owens (and Pinkston for that matter) to win. If you have neither, you don't even win the NFC East. To early to really call any1, but how could I bet against the Patriots. Until a team can outplay them, until a coach can outcoach them, they are the best team. Not to mention every1 is saying they're going to lose b/c they lost their Coordinators and Bruschi, that they can't win. Go ahead and fire em up too, give em a reason to play . . .
As a fan, saying the Jets will win it is like me saying the Cowboys will win it. Sure their's a chance (decent free agency, great draft, hof coach), but in reality the pieces aren't there yet.
And yes the Bengalw will be pretty dang good this year. Palmer started looking real hot at the end of the year, and those things usually carry over to next season. Not to mention a good draft. If anything though, theyll have a pretty explosive offense I think.

Originally posted by Rosclot
Are you serious? He is one of the best wide receivers in the league. Granted they can win games without him but they will not be able to win the Super without him.

I am very serious. I agree that he is the best receiver in the league but I don't think he's necessary for Philadelphia to win the Super Bowl. Greg Lewis is a great WR, he made that 52 yard catch from McNabb in the NFC Divisional Playoff last year.

Last edited:
My brutally honest picks for the 05-06 season:

AFC EAST: 1.NEW ENGLAND 2.NEW YORK JETS 3.BUFFALO 4.MIAMI

AFC NORTH: 1.CINCINNATI 2.PITTSBURGH 3.BALTIMORE 4.CLEVELAND

AFC SOUTH: 1. INDIANAPOLIS 2.JACKSONVILLE 3.HOUSTON 4.TENNESSEE

AFC WEST: 1. DENVER 2.SAN DIEGO 3.OAKLAND 4.KANSAS CITY

NFC EAST: 1.PHILADELPHIA 2.NEW YORK GIANTS 3.DALLAS 4.WASHINGTON

NFC NORTH: 1.CHICAGO 2.MINNESOTA 3.GREEN BAY 4.DETROIT

NFC SOUTH: 1.ATLANTA 2.CAROLINA 3.TAMPA BAY 4.NEW ORLEANS

NFC WEST: 1.ST. LOUIS 2.SEATTLE 3.SAN FRANCISCO 4. ARIZONA

I think the Bengals are gonna have a breakthrough year. They have virtually everyone coming back on an offense that proved last year that they can score points quick. They also addressed their run defense problems in the draft(even though Pollack still hasn't signed).

New England will win the AFC East, but they ain't gonna go 14-2 again. It's gonna be a close race with the Jets down to the last 2 weeks or so.

The Eagles and the Falcons will again play for the NFC championship, and this time the Falcons will go to the Super Bowl.

The Bears will be the cinderella team of 05-06, but I still think they should've kept Krenzel as their QB, hell, he won his first three games as a starter last year!

The Super Bowl is gonna be either Indianapolis or Cincy vs Atlanta. And I think Atlanta will win it all this year.

Oh yeah, CHAD JOHNSON WILL BE THE LEAGUE MVP!!! HE IS WAY BETTER THAN T.O!!!!!!!!

^The vikings and packers will both eat the bears for lunch. And there's no way in hell the packers will let the vikings win a game after that atrocity last season. At least I fuckin' hope not... :)

And Chad Johnson is better than TO, but TO has the name recognition and is a media darling. MVP selection amounts to picking the pretty boy of the year... :p

I think this year people will not think of TO as a "darling". They will realize he is what he is: A whiny selfish boy who isn't a team player. But I will admit, I do think he is underpaid.

Rosclot said:
I think it is going to be hard for the Steelers to repeat last years performance. Rothlessburger was amazing but I now that teams have had a chance to study him they are going to be better at exploiting his week points. Add the fact they got rid of 2 of their wide receivers, I forgot who but I am pretty sure they only have Randel El left from last year and with Staley being hurt I don't see them going as far as they did last year.

Roethlesburger wasn't even amazing. he handed off the football where the play called and he threw to an open receiver. the better words are gritty and efficient. something many NFL QBs could take notes on.

they only got rid of Plaxico Burress. unlike the Philly Eagles, Coach Cowher does not liken to whiny, selfish, overpaid BITCHY wide outs that think they control the team. Burress started up these characteristics and the Steelers obviously did not want someone like that on their team.

the Steelers still have Hines Ward THE BEST receiver in the AFC easily. talk about a tough motherfucker.

their defense will still be what holds the team together. 55 Joey Porter. 95 Jason Gildon. Casey Hampton, Fu-amatu Mataphala (sp wtf?).

when people pick the Bengals to win the pre-season AFC North, is this a sign of the apocalypse? hahaha, but seriously everyone does expect the cats to greatly improve.

I HATE T.O.

If T.O. wants more money he should realize that talent and stats alone do not get you paid. Why do guys like Peyton Manning, Brady, Favre, Vick, Harrison etc have no prob getting paid. B/c they put up the numbers, but they are also team players and a positive influence on the community. If he wanted more money, he should have stayed in SF one more year (like a good teammate would have done), then become a free agent, and sign anywhere he wanted to. No, he had to cry about SF, then cry about Baltimore, then sign a contract that was perfectly fair based on previous years (not only stats, but previous tirades and charades), only to turn around and demand more money after one year, saying things like its not fair that they can terminate my contract at any time, and cut me. We all can get terminated, just like that. Thats what happens at jobs. The Eagles saved his ass by pursuing him. Then he has the audacity to diss Mcnabb (one of his biggest supporters and good friends). How many bridges can this jerk burn. Being a good football player is not only about helping your team on the field, but off it as well. Im sick of him. He was a nobody until Young threw him that touchdown to win the game in the playoffs. Then he proceeded to cry like a little baby. I now realize he was crying not b/c he was happy for his team. He was crying cause he was so happy for himself. Money, money, money.:X :X :X :p :p :p

^Good summary.=D
Im not gonna lie, Im a huge Cowboys fan, always have been (born a mile from Texas Stadium), went to every home game for years and years, so that stunt that he pulled that one year was just a disgrace to me. I loved it when Teague punked him in the back.

paradoxcycle said:
Are you serious? He is one of the best wide receivers in the league. Granted they can win games without him but they will not be able to win the Super without him.

I am very serious. I agree that he is the best receiver in the league but I don't think he's necessary for Philadelphia to win the Super Bowl. Greg Lewis is a great WR, he made that 52 yard catch from McNabb in the NFC Divisional Playoff last year.

And actually I am completely serious myself. I had to laugh at the stat that SportsCenter gave the other night. Now that TO is off the team for a week, do you know how many catches the receiving core of Philly has??? Seriously, do you? 27!!! Thats all they have. Inexperienced is a compliment to these guys.

... what is all this non-sense? We all know this is the year of the STEELERS!

how did a Bengals fan and a Steelers fan peacefully co-exsist all those years? :D

AxL BLaZe said:
how did a Bengals fan and a Steelers fan peacefully co-exsist all those years? :D

That is a tough one?? But damn, have you seen that girl ;)

But anyways, sorry Ash, but the best QB in the midwest is gonna show his skills, thats right, The California Kid, Carson Palmer. The Growl is Back!

paradoxcycle said:

Ugh, only an Eagles fan would defend Greg "nobody" Lewis. Almost as bad defending Todd "alligator arms" Pinkston. I have never heard an Eagles fan make a realistic prediction about anything.

Although Brian Westbrook is a talented back, without TO, your offense is just atrocious. McNabb will go back to rifling the ball to people's feet, and the defense will not be able to pick up the slack.

NO TO, not even a wildcard for the Eagles.

Rosclot said:
That's some crazy pics right there. To say that the Jets are goint to beat out the Pats to win the division is a pipe dream.

Pipe dream? The Jets should have had a shot at them in the AFC championship if it wasn't for Doug Brien, and they probably would have put up a better fight than the Steelers.

NE will obviously still be good, but I think the Jets got a lot better in the offseason, and NE didn't do much (except lose their two coordinators).

I didn't say NY was going to run away with it, but don't be surprised if they win the division by a game. I also wouldn't be surprised if NE one by a game, but I gotta go with my boys, obviously.