• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official NFL 2005 Season Thread

^ Yeah, true that. I agree, i still have to hope we make it. ;)

You are also probably right about no black and gold. We really are known for showing up at other stadiums and causing problems because we out cheer the home team crowd. Did you see the article about Mike Tice complaining about all the steelers fans at the game? lol

you guys are tuff, and i wish you luck. but i just hope we play you. :D

Yeah I definitely know about Steeler fans; I had to sit next to 4 of them at the game in Cincy earlier this year. They were obnoxious, vulgar (which i don't mind), the fat guy smelled like poo, and the old guy kept hitting on my girlfriend. One of them also spilled beer on me.

To top it off, Pitt won. And they gave me so much shit, I wanted to punch them. But they are some loyal fans, indeed. For every 5 Bengals fans i know, I also know 1 Steeler fan, and I live in Dayton!

Ahem...

I'd just like to add to any Bengals and Steelers Fans on this page...ahem.. The Colts beat both your asses, so shaddap!

In other other news...Yeah. Tony. :( James :(

I seriously have no idea what happens next. ESPN says he's out "indefinately". Yikes. But it's not like we lost any of our players. If you're Seattle, do you feel awkward playing the Colts Saturday?

Seattle just has to go out and approach this like any other game. Privately, on a human level sympathies will rightfully be extended. But, on a professional level the show must go on. It is very difficult, but unfortunately life is difficult.

The Colts will probably rally around their coach during this traumatic time and forge a stronger bond that will propel them through the playoffs. No amount of glory in professional football can make up for the pain of a loss like this, but the camraderie and group unity of the team can definitely be a major factor in Tony Dungy's future mental state.

I wish the Dungy family all the best of luck and my condolences, for what they are worth....

Snakecharmer said:
^ ^ ^

They most certainly will come the second-round. In terms of this year, how can you say Manning chokes hard when under pressure? He's only lost one game....and he's been under pressure ALL god-damned season and is still top 5 in every statistical category, and has beaten every other good QB he's faced this year (with the exception of Brees...who played very, very well against the Colts).

And before you start going on a rant about how Manning's lost a bunch of times to the Patriots, just stop. That shit's in the past, and last I checked, the Colts stomped the shit out of the Patriots once this year. And they're gonna do it again come playoff time.

well, i was reffering to his history of choking in big games. i.e. play-off games. who just happen to be against the pats. he may have been under a lot of mental pressure all season. but not physical pressure like the chargers brought. and if/when the pats and colts play in the play-offs, the outcome will be much different. the pats have a major difference on their defense. Bruschi, Seymore, and Colvin are back. not to mention Corey Dillon is 100%. so once again, the pressure will be on.

just back to campaign for the '06 draft as a niners fan...

Reg-gie! Reg-gie! Reg-gie!

Jefe said:
just back to campaign for the '06 draft as a niners fan...

Reg-gie! Reg-gie! Reg-gie!

yea, because the niners have thrown so many td's this year, they need to focus on running them in ;)

i don't think reggie bush will solve your problems.

reggie bush is a great running back and a good receiver. he will add some much needed oomph for any lower level team.

on the other hand my only christmas wish of the giants clinching a playoff berth in week 16 was dashed. i believe we will beat the raiders, but we could have used the two wins to have a chance for a week 1 bye and homefield in week 2 of the playoffs. oh well....

bGIveNs33 said:
yea, because the niners have thrown so many td's this year, they need to focus on running them in ;)

i don't think reggie bush will solve your problems.

In case you haven't noticed, the Niners need playmakers, and there isn't one better than Reggie in the draft. D'Brickshaw or Reggie? Hmmm...I think I'd take Reggie. Do you see a WR worth taking in the top 5? I don't either.

Of course, the chances of it happening now are slim...I don't think I've ever been more annoyed by a win. Eh...at least they swept the Lambs I suppose.

who else here was impressed with Doug Fluties drop kick? first succesful attempt since 1941.

Reggie Bush is good, but I doubt he will be any better than Domanick Davis for the Texans. I think they should trade him for a whole new offensive line so that Carr can have some actual time to throw the damn ball.

Oh, and the Pats can't beat the Colts this year. The Colts are far too powerful on offense AND defense (for once). We will see how the Manning brothers fare in the end...

I am predicting a Giants vs. Colts Superbowl where the Colts blow them out.

The NFC sucks this year, and the colts are the best team in the AFC by far.

you can not say the Colts are the best team in the AFC by far. sure they were dominant all season, but then a bunch of stuff happens that shakes up the program and they lose TONS of momentum at the end of the season.

as a respectable football fan you have to realize in the AFC - the Steelers, the Patriots, and most certainly the Broncos all have a puncher's chance of beating the Colts on any given night.

hey don't forget about WHO DEY Axl, they're offense can throw punch for punch with them!

AxL BLaZe said:
you can not say the Colts are the best team in the AFC by far. sure they were dominant all season, but then a bunch of stuff happens that shakes up the program and they lose TONS of momentum at the end of the season.

as a respectable football fan you have to realize in the AFC - the Steelers, the Patriots, and most certainly the Broncos all have a puncher's chance of beating the Colts on any given night.

The Chargers certainly provided the blueprint, but I don't think the secondaries of the first two will hold up against the Colts at RCA. The Broncos seems like the team best suited to beat them, but then again they also have the psychological disadvantage of being beaten badly by the Colts in the playoffs for two straight seasons. Cincy's fade at the end of the year was a little disturbing, but it'd be fun to see them shoot it out with the Colts again if they get the chance.

Yeah I can't really explain what happened to Cincy the last two games, in the last one they looked like the Bengals of old, which is very scary.