• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Addictive Psychedelic

In general, Methylone or Nitrous oxide.

I agree that psychedelics are reasonably non-addictive substances, and that will power does play a major role if not the only role in the case of any addictive quality in them

However, I have found that Methylone, unlike MDMA, has more of an addictive quality due to the intense euphoria and lack of negative after effects. If you redose even once, you typically want to chase the effect, and I have felt plenty of times that I would like to use the drug often, even just to get high, and that isn't like me when it comes to psychedelics.

Nitrous, for anyone experienced with it, has a more obvious addictive potential.

I have also seen addiction with dissociatives but have not experienced it even slightly in myself, so I cannot really say.

I'ld say DMT. It can be really mindblowing or just some relax tripping that doesn't need to be planned, as most of the psychedelics do. I prefer it to N2O, which is also something that can be done almost instantly.

Haven't tried (s-)ket yet, though I think I will in the near future. Maybe that'll change my mind, as lots of people find ketamine quite addictive.

Ketamine? Nitrous? DXM? Come on folks, why don't you throw in heroin? I see cevs from that and find it highly addictive; does that make it count as a psychedelic? The most addictive psychedelic is definately AMT (for me at least).

IME, either Methylone or LSD have been the most addictive.

I've never really been big on using the same drug multiple days in a row, except for pot.

With M1, the desire to redose reminded me very much of cocaine cravings.

That's a lot of weed!
ya i know and thats not including other substances i use and /or used to use.

but i am on probation for supporting my hefty marijuana habit.

Cannabis.
It took me YEARS to admit that the negative (side)effects greatly outweighed the positive.
Very difficult issue for me, and I wasted lots of time with it.

K seems a contender as it can be quite seductive.
It's really a moral issue I believe, as I'm unable to go on a forever binge without feeling ashamed of myself.
That feeling beats the seductive effects, so it's really a non-issue.
I feel 7-12 days intervals are ok and rarely exceed that, and never without a reasonably sound excuse.
But...moot point. Can't find any, nor have I for months. :! (lovely new smiley)

Some mention 2C's. I like 2C-B but rarely do it. Non-addictive. Would do it more often if I had K, because I feel the combo is really useful and powerfully amusing too.
Still non-addictive though.

And my vote for the least addictive drug....: MeO-5-DMT =D *shiver*

Yeah weed, DMT and nitrous have been seductive in maikng me want to use regularly- weed has been an everyday, several times for years now. Nitrous comes and gos, but when it comes it never stays long, and DMT is always there if I want it.

Ketamine almost seems to have physically addictive properites...

They don't call it psychedelic heroin for nothin'... however, personally I find ketamine pretty boring by itself most of the time.

Julian.

^ take it on top of MDMA, LSD, 2C-B, or MDMA plus one of the latter two and see if it still seems boring. :)

funny, I ONLY think of dissociatives as yummy when I'm on something else. On their own they're missing something for me. But get me rolling and ask if I want some K. Get me tripping and offer me nitrous. Get me stoned on DXM, and offer me some adderall when it's all over. Good times.

I also don't have any urge to use MDMA or LSD for a while after I've come down, because the mental load is so intense. For me those drugs are self-regulating.

Marijuana for me for sure. So few downsides, at least in the short term.

funny, I ONLY think of dissociatives as yummy when I'm on something else
same here.
ketamine was fun by itself.
but mixed with another psyche.......WHOA!!!!!!!

Once you do K with 2cb... it's a bit of a let down to just go back to normal K!

A friend in London was getting into snorting 2cb and ketamine, say 8mg of 2cb and 100mg of K. Snorted, the 2cb is much more UP, and energising and counteracts the slowed down wooze of the k... so you are in this middle zone... it's like a new drug.

Julian.

illusion25 said:
same here.
ketamine was fun by itself.
but mixed with another psyche.......WHOA!!!!!!!

Yeah, whole-heartedly agree. I've found K by itself to be enjoyable, certainly fun and weird, but not particularly my thing. But when you mix it with MDMA or psychedelics it's quite amazing.

immad said:
Haven't tried (s-)ket yet, though I think I will in the near future. Maybe that'll change my mind, as lots of people find ketamine quite addictive.

All the mind-expanding effects without any of the anaesthetized effect - that's the S-isomer in a nutshell. It leaves you much more clear headed and in a shorter time, but the psychological compulsion component is equally boosted (very psychologically addictive component - well at least for me!)

Heyoka said:
Amanita Muscaria, if you consider it a psychedelic. I really liked em and noticed a distinct withdrawel syndrome when I stopped using them. It reminded me of getting off of ghb.

I guess thats because there a GABA-a agonist I think, like benzo (muscimol). How long were you taking them for?

fastandbulbous said:
All the mind-expanding effects without any of the anaesthetized effect - that's the S-isomer in a nutshell. It leaves you much more clear headed and in a shorter time, but the psychological compulsion component is equally boosted (very psychologically addictive component - well at least for me!)
I don't like the S.
Confuses in an unpleasant useless manner, and at some point invariably makes me very nauseaus, but unable to puke.
Haven't tried pure R. Yet.