• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Addictive Psychedelic

dbailey11 said:
Ketamine? Nitrous? DXM? Come on folks, why don't you throw in heroin? I see cevs from that and find it highly addictive; does that make it count as a psychedelic? The most addictive psychedelic is definately AMT (for me at least).
For me psychedelic means consciousness-expanding. How it works doesn't matter.
I haven't tried DXM but nitrous and especially K certainly qualify.
YMWV, obviously.

I've never been addicted to anything except a little too much ethanol, but M1 gets my vote. The last time that I had it, I received 5g of it, dosed like crazy and woke up the next day with less than a gram - all by myself; I was so stupid. Nothing has ever made me fiend like that shit, I'm lucky I didn't OD. Needless to say, the crash was horrible and lasted 3-4 days until I felt normal again. Since then, I've sworn off of M1.

willow11 said:
I guess thats because there a GABA-a agonist I think, like benzo (muscimol). How long were you taking them for?

Only about 2 weeks but I was on the mushroom or amanita wine (urine) pretty much constantly for that period.

samadhi_smiles said:
DMT is not addictive. Thats like saying meditation is addictive.

There are quite a few people in the world who've lost all their posessions, resort to begging for food, wear rags and spend the large majority of their lives sitting around meditating. Maybe meditation is addictive ;) .

moved and bumped to prevent deletion, made part of the 'most .. psychedelic' list in the index

good question, I'd say probably dissociatives if you count them as well as stimulants that all carry psychedelic elements but are not purely psychedelic. The more selective for psychedelic effects, probably the less addictive.
Though something atypical like salvia is not addictive either so the reverse is not necessarily true.

If you count zolpidem as psychedelic, which, while I wouldn´t, it´s at least as psychedelic as ketamine, it is probably the winner; nitrous is also extremely addictive but only in a very temporary sense, once I walk away from it for at least an hour I start to wonder why I spent so much on it in the first place...

Also 4-fluoroamphetamine could be considered an entactogen (it's a stretch I guess) and it's certainly up there.

Whoa, 10 points awarded for digging up an ancient thread from 4 years ago but I'll throw in my two cents.

As far as classic psychedelics go (LSD, Shrooms, Mescaline), for me there is definitely a light psychological addiction in the sense that I love them and want them around in my life generally. Kind of like saying I'm addicted to fun. There's definitely no physical aspect to this addiction because I can go without them indefinitely, but will miss them like I miss an old friend.

I would definitely be very sad if I was told that I can never again trip balls on a classic psych.
Is this addiction?

When it comes to patterns of addiction in the classical sense (need, craving, withdrawal, etc.) as far as the greater family of psychedelics go (in a broader spectrum outside phens trypts and ergots), I would definitely vote for dissociatives being the most addictive; PCP, DXM, Ketamine and Nitrous Oxide.

I have also heard that certain psychedelic phenethylamines such as 2C-I tend to lead users into patterns of repeated and/or chronic use.

dxm, ketamine, pcp are all very addictive to some people.

to me dxm is the most addictive (i'm using like a fiend right now) cuz it's easy as hell to aquire seeing as how you can walk into any store and get it and it's cheap. i like ketamine more but not by a great deal and pcp about the same. i also use alcohol far more than ghb for this reason even though ghb is about 1000 times better.

mdma i used excessively when i first started but i found that it was self regulating in that if you abuse it it kicks you in the ass to the point where i wouldn't truly call it addictive.

Last time I took shrooms the trip was so euphoric I have been craving shrooms like a mother fucker since then...

To be fair I did have kratom earlier in the day, and although it wore off by the time the shrooms hit, I still felt like my whole trip had an opiate-like euphoria to it.

Ketamine, mxe, 4-Meo PCP are all the same to me with a needle. Great enhancements to mdma, 2ci, 2cb, lsd etc. and somewhat interesting on their own but good ways to check out. Very compulsive drugs.

MDMA has abuse potential, I don't particularly feel a compulsion to dose it more often than most psychs but the nature of the trip makes me turn to it in many enviornments that I would not dose certain psychedelics in. 5 meo mipt has abuse potential as well and it doesn't have a significant crash like mdma, but its somewhat uncommon as well.

THC for sure, it's definately a psych in my opinion, since it has been possibly the most mind expanding drug of all for me. And you can smoke it all day and you won't be too far out to function in society. It's a beautiful plant and a great ally and cure for loneliness. And it doesn't really cause serious long term problems. I don't think you could use any other psych all day every day for years on end; you would become insane for sure and fuck up your body. And, ya, sure I can stop and won't get withdrawal, maybe at most 12 to 24 hours of misery, but when I have money and am in the habit chances are I'm gonna keep the high going for months.

If you count zolpidem as psychedelic

Does anyone? I mean yes, zolpidem is known for inducing a twilight state where REM sleep and the first hour or so of waking overlap. But that's not exactly psychedelia. It is addictive, but that's a physical addiction due to its GABA enhancing effects, and has nothing to do with its psychoactive effects.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't call zolpidem a psychedelic, personally.

DXM and MDMA were SO addicting to me. I used to use DXM so often for the psychedelic CEVS and pseudo-euphoria, cheesy-revelations. Soon after awhile I lost the magic on DXM and was never able to resurrect it, no matter how long I waited.

MDMA I loved so fucking much: the colors, the empathy, the music, the touch - that is until it backfired.

Marijuana was also pretty addicting, but in a psychological sense - until it lost all the 'psychedelic' qualities and I smoked just to be relaxed.

For my first couple of blotters I ever took, I was told later that they were 5-MeO-AMT, though I can't be sure. Definitely wasn't LSD. Regardless, the second time I was tripping in my room with someone else, I kept on saying stuff like "hey man, keep me away from this stuff, alright? I would eat this shit every day like candy!" while smiling and giggling. A very bizarre and intense (and FUN) psychedelic experience.