• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Music on Psychedelics Thread (Track #2)

Am I overestimating the number of people who love trance/psy-trance? I mean, it looks like this music genre is a lot more popular within psychedelics users than within general population

i would say so.
i mainly listen to psytrance while i´m on psychedelics. for me it IS tripmusic....

goa trance. the same as on any other drug or sober.

On ketamine, Indian Trance and Chinese Man. With DXM I go smoother with "Mondomix Experience" and Buffalo Springfield ("For what it's worth"). With other psychedelics, I don't really care. But yeah, I should try Pink Floyd.

Psytrance, Jam Bands

The Grateful Dead is amazing, Widespread Panic is amazing, Shpongle is pretty sweet. Anything that is upbeat or mysterious really.

I'm more and more surprised that so few psychonauts appreciate math rock, post rock, and experimental!
I think the most intense and stimulating music for psychadelic ventures are bands such as Giraffes? Giraffes!, Loose Lips Sink Ships, The Littlest Viking, They Mean Us, You Slut!, Weights and Measures, You.May.Die.In.The.Desert, and Neil on Impression to the likes of Arab on Radar, Daughters, Heavy Heavy Low Low, AIDS Wolf, The Chariot, PRE, The Paper Chase, Little Teeth, and Sybris.
The former bands are more pleasant, uplifitng, and melodic, while the latter or a bit more abrasive, but equally complex and interesting.

Some of my favorites are Loose Lips Sink Ships' Dutifully Dutied Duties, or Meth Is Fun, or else Giraffes? Giraffes!' When the Catholic Girls Go Camping, the Nicotine Vampires Rule Supreme, or You Slut!'s On The Spot Tina Turner Fine. :)

Last edited:
Yes - Close to the Edge. Heavenly. Revelatory. If Jon Anderson's lyrics made any sense when straight I would have started a new religion as a result. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) they don't. But when tripping man this album is one major rush, a reunion with the core of all existence, at least that's how it feels!

I become convinced I am some immortal spirit being who is just temporarily experiencing the life of an organic organism in order to learn the essence of love and compassion, sent here by older wiser spirit beings, who are watching over me and waiting in the transcendental realm for me to return.

I couldn't agree more. Also their album Tales From Topographic Oceans is amazingly out-of-this-world, although it can be rather tedious when not tripping. Oh and I definitely don't recommend their new album.

oh man dimitri is awesome, I wish I didnt have a trippy mind, cause I trip and see spooky shitt hat scares me:!8o8o8o8o8o

MXE + Godspeed You! Black Emperor's "Slow Riot for New Zerø Kanada" = 30 min. epiphany!

I took 30mg of 2c-b, 50mg of MXE and listened to Burial's Kindred EP for 5 hours straight on friday.

Speechless.

My favorite LSD music is Explosions in the sky and Pink Floyd
I also like Flying Lotus, Animal Collective, Om, Massive Attack, DJ Shadow, The Beatles, Beach House, and lots of other stuff.

If I plan on dancing to the music though I like Major Lazer, Hudson Mohawke, Flosstradamus, Mord Fustang, Bloody Beetroots, and lots more.