• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Music on Psychedelics Thread (Track #2)

Takk... too. The string section that goes on and on at the end of Andvari I've put on repeat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5nlCe3K9AE

notice all the tiny high pitched shimmers/sparkles. There are drugs that make me gravitate toward low frequencies, iboga and mescaline do that for me. But DMT is all about the high frequencies for me.

It's been a WHILE since I listened to Takk. Something about ( ) just held onto me. But I'll be checking out Takk again tonight. 100mg DMT fumarate IM =D

In general, people enjoy the music they usually listen to even more while tripping, so go with that.

I listen to a lot of black metal and metal, and it sounds magical while I trip. For others, who don't listen to this kind of music, it's hard to enjoy it, and several get frightened by listening to it.

You might also check out classical and all psy-genres while tripping. Happy trails.

Yea. see near the end of Track 1 part of this topic for a series of really good classical-for-tripping ideas.

I like the Miles idea, some amazing shit... pretty much invented multiple genres of music, from psychedelic jazz-rock fusion onward.

So far as Metal, I remember going to see Metallica in concert when they first hit on a stiff dose of 'cid with two buddies of mine... man was that ever intense! Like the sheer power of their sound was recharging all my inner batteries with mega volts of ultra determination!

i usually listen to goa trance which sounds really amazing on dmt.

This one leads to a mostly blue and yellow coloured library with bearded men showing you ancient scriptures ;)

You won't have much time to listen to music if you're smoking it.

Quoted for the truth...

I broke though last night for the first time (I think I did) and I honestly had no idea what was happening, who I was or where I was... complete ego loss and I completely lost touch with reality...

for some reason i enjoy using dmt in a quiet environment with minimal light. everyones differnt.

Prodigy, Massive Attack, Immediate Music.

Try to make a prepared playlist, with each song gently changing the genre.

Takk is my favorite tripping album ever. Haven't listened to it on DMT, but was with a friend while he blasted off to Staraflur, he said it was awesome.

Personally I think to stick with things that are instrumental, have a 'flow' to them and are uplifting.

For DMT virgins classic Bassnectar seems to go over well:

Bassnectar - Laughter Crescendo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxD12GDXo_0

Bassnectar - Nostalgia Worship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3DgIvwa38

Shpongle ^.^ I LOVE them, seeing them in la in a couple months ^.^ but definetely some shpongle or some Shulman when you smoke it, than after you blow it out, it doesn't really matter anymore haha

Silence or something like Nimba playing low in another room. Well that worked for me.
One I smoked a tiny amount listening to The Knife and it felt like music was piercing my ears.

yea has to be silence for me to, anything else distracts from the experience an tends to piss me off especially the tv.
i cant see it making much difference if you doing full breakthrough doses as the room your in and your surroundings tend to be non existent once youve entered hyperspace. still best to have low music on if you do have it, personally id choose wotever makes you feel most comfortable and gives you the nicest feelings when listened to. either that or just some natural chill out sounds or even a actual natural environment could be quit funky like having cd with the sound effects of being in jungle playing or waterfall/rain next to a river etc etc.
but yea for me i like it quiet an dim lit so i can concentrate fully on the experience.