• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Music on Psychedelics Thread (Track #2)

ive smoked dmt more than 30 times to "the invisible man in the flourescent suit" by sphongle

I've tripped on DMT several times, and have done it lots of times with and without music. Listening to it without music is almost like a new experience. You can focus on the "static" noises that encompasses you more, and I feel that it also gives your brain more of a chance to wander and see where the trip actually takes you. This one time i did it in complete silence in my backyard and the first noise i heard was an owl screech about half way through the trip. It definitely made me jump a little lol, and it tripped me out pretty hard.

Listening to music while tripping on DMT is more of a soothing experience. It's kind of just something to relax you a little bit, and give you less of an uncomfortable feeling of isolation.

There's a time and a place for both though. If i listen to music, i usually put on some trance or dubstep. the music isn't too important since you can never really concentrate on it anyway, and it's almost like you don't even notice it if you took a huge hit of DMT. Most of my trips involve music though, just because i have a tendency to get paranoid easily.

edit: i got 2 doses of DMT left, and my next 2 trips are definitely going to be without music, and in nature. I feel like outdoor trips are much more meaningful, and the visuals that can be produced from a scenic view are quite incredible.

Last edited:
What is your favourite music to listen to while tripping on psychs?

I personally love to listen to Pink Floyd, Tool and some Beatles albums.

I was just wondering what everyone else liked to listen to while tripping?

The Big & Dandy Music on Psychedelics Thread :)
When I'm sober, I love industrial metal, industrial rock, pop-punk bands, and sometimes "experimental" bands.

But when I'm tripping, I absolutely love to listen to math rock. 65 days of static, maybeshewill and especially god is an astronaut!

i feel like i should add my 2 cents. black moth super rainbow and/ or tobacco is pretty damn amazing when you are tripping. trippiest music i have ever heard. made from 80's gym workout tapes. defiantly the type of band you listen too over and over again and will still be amazed how creative and beautiful it is.

give this song a try

Depends what substance I'm on. When I'm on LSD, I can listen to anything, but I'm especially fond of Bob Marley. Me and my friends call him "Dr. Bob" because whenever a trip starts to turn sour, just play some of his music and you'll "feel all right".

With DXM I like listening to more ambient, atmospheric stuff like Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Mono and Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Yes - Close to the Edge. Heavenly. Revelatory. If Jon Anderson's lyrics made any sense when straight I would have started a new religion as a result. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) they don't. But when tripping man this album is one major rush, a reunion with the core of all existence, at least that's how it feels!

I become convinced I am some immortal spirit being who is just temporarily experiencing the life of an organic organism in order to learn the essence of love and compassion, sent here by older wiser spirit beings, who are watching over me and waiting in the transcendental realm for me to return.

Last edited:
I dont use traditional psychs anymore, but when I did do mushrooms, it was alot of Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, and Jimi Hendrix... when I did DXM I listened to TOOL, or trance.. these days, when I do K, I listen to Shpongle, Shulman, Infected Mushroom and the likes.. or good Hip-Hop (go ahead and hate lol) like Skyzoo

I've listened to Tool, Pink Floyd, & Nine Inch Nails, a few times during trips. The Cure is always a must have for tripping. I'm sure there's some other bands in there somewhere. Oh yeah, Primus on acid. Hell yeah. Eclectic Electric.

The other day on ketamine Tool, The Cure, Buckethead & Crystal Castles was fucking amazing.

For me, it's almost essential to start off an Acid or DXM trip with some Rush. Usually Caress of Steel, Farewell to Kings, and Hemispheres. Even sober I switch rapidly between early Sabbath, Jefferson Airplane, Rush, and Pink Floyd. On DXM, I'll switch over to something I don't know as well like Led Zeppelin or The Doors. But on LSD, my music creates like a comfort zone for my trip and it makes me want to listen to "my" stuff ya kno..That feeling on LSD is probably more common than I previously thought...anybody else get that feeling before?

bang hardcore rave music or hawkwind , monster magnet anything really

Explosions in the Sky is great, I saw them on 2c-b at bonnaroo and it was epic!

Shpongle is what I started out with psychedelic music wise. They're really good for tripping to.

I personally like Jam Bands the most though. Widespread Panic, The Grateful Dead, stuff like that.

I have my 'good vibes' playlist, one I made solely for tripping. It has a lot of electronic, trance, ambient kind of stuff.

Unfortunately, both times I've listened to it while tripping (4-aco-dmt), it became too intense and I had to turn it off. Especially the first time.
Escape Velocity by The Chemical Brothers came on (if you don't know this song, please immediately make your way to youtube), and it was just too much. Which is surprising because I fucking love that song, high or sober.

almost everything from sphongle
younger brother - the last days of gravity
ott - skylon
the track "dancing with kadafi" by infected mushroom....always a great emotional journey.
beatles (def a good trip song is "i want you (she´s so heavy)" takes you deep down)
groove armada
fear and loathing ost and other songs from this era
lo fidelity allstars the track "battleflag"
porcupine tree ...especially the track "buying new soul"

i could go on and on....

Last edited:
almost everything from sphongle
younger brother - the last days of gravity
ott - skylon
the track "dancing with kadafi" by infected mushroom....always a great emotional journey.
beatles (def a good trip song is "i want you (she´s so heavy)" takes you deep down)
groove armada
fear and loathing ost and other songs from this era
lo fidelity allstars the track "battleflag"
porcupine tree ...especially the track "buying new soul"

i could go on and on....

Last edited: