• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Music on Psychedelics Thread (Track #2)

angryteabag

Bluelighter
LSD and music. Share your experience

Welcome to the Big & Dandy Music on Psychedelics Thread

[Link to previous thread - a vertitable goldmine of tips <3]

And we continue here!!

Topics of discussion:

- What music do you listen to while tripping?
- What music is very psychedelic in itself?
- What music would you recommend especially as a tripper?

[original post:]

Hey guys, I'm gonna be dropping acid for the first time on sunday and am wondering.

I'm a very musical dude, I love music, i play guitar and enjoy good deep songs.

When i started smoking weed i remember how much more impacting music became, it sounded clearer, more profound etc

Now i wonder, what will music sound like on lsd?

Last edited by a moderator:
not another one of these threads..
OP please use the search engine, there are ENDLESS currently open threads on this exact topic.

please use the search engine in future to check for open/active threads on a topic before creating new threads.
it just clutters up the board, and to be honest i see one of these threads open up every other day in PD.

same as the first time acid ones. IMO there should be MEGAthreads for both, as PD looks messy as fuck on a day to day basis with all of these identical topic'd threads being created day in day out.

just my 2 cents

music will sound unimaginably better on LSD for you than it does on weed, OP.

be prepared to really have your freakin mind blown :D

Angryteabag: to keep your question alive, allow me to merge this with the newly created version and kickstart it

Sega, there IS a megathread and threads I found were merged. The old one was archived. Now put on some good music and smile dude. :)

Best music to listen to on DMT

Hey going to use DMT for the first time this weekend and I wondered what music everyone listens to while tripping on DMT?

Got plenty of acid rock but curious if they helps or has no effect?

Just listen to your favourite music. Anything from Beatles to Hendrix or anyone else will sound great. I remember hearing Girls Aloud "I think we're alone now" on DMT and thinking it was the greatest thing I'd ever heard.

Are you taking the DMT orally or smoking it? You won't have much time to listen to music if you're smoking it.

Hmm. Karlheinz Stockhausen anyone? Only jesting.

Actually I'm not in the habit of listening to music much with DMT. It usually provides its own soundtrack for me. That crazy buzzing tone morphs into an exquisite symphony of otherworldly chirping and clicking, if I pay attention.
Flying Lotus has some tracks which remind me of the music in hyperspace.

The last time I listened to a track whilst holding a lungfull of spice caused the vocal to morph into something along the lines of the Martian's voice from Tim Burton's Mars Attacks. The effect was comedy, rather than profundity.

Everyone's different, so don't take my word for it. Experiment.

Peace - Pipp

Just listen to your favourite music. Anything from Beatles to Hendrix or anyone else will sound great. I remember hearing Girls Aloud "I think we're alone now" on DMT and thinking it was the greatest thing I'd ever heard.

Are you taking the DMT orally or smoking it? You won't have much time to listen to music if you're smoking it.

I plan on smoking it with a little bit of weed.

bump... holiday weekend... how about some of the newest shit people know of?

How about the newest one from Explosions in the Sky - "Take Care, Take Care, Take Care" ?

You can download the MP3 version from Amazon.com or other places for $8 this very minute.

Can't get enough epic mindblowing psychedelic guitar symphonies, I always say!

Hey, waitaminute! That's my house!!! =D

61G5Y24X7aL._SS500_.jpg

Brightblack Morning Light

Absolutely my favourite music for DMT. It is very organic and flows smoothly. Maybe a bit hippyish for some people though.

I listened to track 3 to track 6 on Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost by Shpongle last time I broke through with DMT. I smoked DMT in the middle of an middle dosed acid trip, and the effects were amazing. I love how LSD makes the DMT trip all retroesque like some kind of old Nintendo games with upgraded colors or something.

In general, people enjoy the music they usually listen to even more while tripping, so go with that.

I listen to a lot of black metal and metal, and it sounds magical while I trip. For others, who don't listen to this kind of music, it's hard to enjoy it, and several get frightened by listening to it.

You might also check out classical and all psy-genres while tripping. Happy trails.

^This.
The ( ) album is just rife with emotion. I feel like an ass for listening to it so often while using psychedelics, but damn, it takes me there =D

Takk... too. The string section that goes on and on at the end of Andvari I've put on repeat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5nlCe3K9AE

notice all the tiny high pitched shimmers/sparkles. There are drugs that make me gravitate toward low frequencies, iboga and mescaline do that for me. But DMT is all about the high frequencies for me.

I personally don't like listening to music on DMT very much... I mean, it's distorted in a weird glitchy way, like the songs will "skip" and slow down and speed rapdily and randomly. Mushrooms and many tryptamines seem to give this effect but much less severely which makes it a lot more enjoyable. I would pick anything that you like, it'll all be affected in much the same way by DMT i think.