View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

Had 10mg of this today.

What a lovely, floaty trip.

Easy on the body load, nice pattern visuals and colour enhancement. Music is great, amazing mood.

Come up and come down are very smooth.

Peak was about 5-6 hours long, but it's hard to tell because the comedown is a smooth gradual process, not like LSD where you suddenly know it's over.

Also - not speedy, as a lot of people tend to believe.

I'm in a bit of a quandary over DOM. I will be in Scotland next week enjoying the midsummer twilight and was considering trying out my DOM stash. However, I really love DOC and am sorely tempted to go for 4.5mg and enjoy the ride. Tough decisions! Of course, I could still trip on DOM a few days later, but then tolerance will be an issue and I really want to experience it cleanly for the first time.

DOM, what a beauty! Had 2.5mgs and it was amazing! Cannot wait to get into 7.5mgs! I've been waiting for this one a long time and it was well worth the wait!

Im off to a mini festival this weekend and want to give DOM a go (I've got 20mg in 2.5mg tabs).

Id say Im an experienced tripper having taken acid 40 times and 4aco 33 times as well as various other 2c family drugs and tryptamines.

Ive taken some very high doses of 4aco (biggest was 420mg [not a typo] with maoi moclobemide) and have gone as high as 20 hits with acid, and 100mg with 2cb

So I reckon Im a heavy tripper (although i also enjoy low doses) BUT all the advice on here says to exercise caution with DOM therefore Im going to be cautious and take 5mg ... however to avoid an underwhelming experience

Can I not take 5mg wait 3 hours then redose with 5mg more? Or does redosing not work?

If redosing isn't a possibility I could throw some 4aco or lsd into the mix perhaps?

DOM, what a beauty! Had 2.5mgs and it was amazing! Cannot wait to get into 7.5mgs! I've been waiting for this one a long time and it was well worth the wait!

Do you think 10mg would be an ok first time dose of this?
Was there a lot of stimulation, euphoria, visuals?
Was the comeup anxious at all?
Headspace was...?
Fill us in brother.

Do you have experience with other DOXs, phuckingnutz? 10mg seems high for a first time, particularly for a DOX which has more potential to go badly wrong. It depends on if you have experience with others, and what doses you take of those.

Do you have experience with other DOXs, phuckingnutz? 10mg seems high for a first time, particularly for a DOX which has more potential to go badly wrong. It depends on if you have experience with others, and what doses you take of those.
Had a couple grams DOC and did several 5-10 mg runs with that, but ended up selling it to get something else.
I didn't like having something so potent around the house. I have kids and animals. I know DOM is also potent, but this is on blotter so it's easier/safer to deal with.

Yeah DOM is quite a bit less potent than DOC, if you were doing 5-10mg, I think 10mg of DOM is not as strong as 5mg of DOC.

I took 4mg of DOC on Wednesday (I was debating whether to take DOM, but wanted something I knew). I was blown away! I've taken 4.5mg before but that was with some tolerance. I live the way DOC comes on slowly. The visuals were extreme: at one point all the icons on my laptop left the screen and started flying around.
Anyway, I digress. I'm going to go for DOM on Sunday or Monday. Not an ideal period of time since the last trip, but time constraints mean it's the only chance I'll get for a few months. I'd assume that 7.5mg would be ok?

Yeah 7.5mg should be fine. Probably weaker than 4mg of DOC.

DOC is my favorite DOX out of DOB, DOC, DOI, DOM, DOPr, DOET and DOT.

Well, I went for the 7.5mg dose.
Interesting.
A few comparisons with DOC (the only other DOX I've tried).

1. Come up time seems a bit longer. Looking at my trip notes, I was experiencing fairly intense visuals by the 2 hour mark on 4mg of DOC. On DOM I had first alerts at about 30 minutes (similar to DOC), but it took a long time to progress.
2. Stimulation. I didn't notice much more stimulation on DOM as compared to DOC during the come up. However, it was different during the Peak (more on that in a bit).
3. Mental effects. DOM seems to drag you I a bit deeper. It's easier to get lost in thought than on DOC.
4. Visuals. A marked difference between the two. On 4mg of DOC, objects would dissolve in psychedelic dust, and then shift around. As an example, I had a shirt hanging on the wall: almost as soon as I looked at it, the writing on the front would pixellate into a sort of neon yellow dust and float off to the right. It was impossible to stop this happening so at one point I was laying flat out almost drooling (sounds very flattering I know).
On DOM, once the visuals really kicked in, they were more like time lapse films (think of videos showing plants growing as an example), but I was fully aware of the frames changing. This would start with a sort of twitching in my left eye after which the right eye would join in and the next few minutes would be like uncontrollable blinking. Every blink changed the perception of what I was seeing. The shirt on the wall would change position, it would change shape, the writing would move etc. However, it was not smooth like DOC. I guess this is caused by the increased stimulation of DOM? In summary, DOM is IMHO every bit as visual as DOC, but in a different and again, IMHO, not such a good way.

The twitching visuals lasted for about 3 hours, becoming regular and lasting longer during the Peak (I'd say between about hour 6 and hour 9) before tapering off.

5. Bodyload. I’ve never encountered bodyload issues on any psychedelic drug. I find myself having to perform more bowel evacuations than usual, but it is not really an issue. I have never suffered from sickness. DOM and DOC are no exception to this. The only negative bodyload is some jitteriness during the come up phase. I went for a walk for the first two hours when I took DOM and I think this helped a lot. After the initial two hour period there were not any noticeable negative effects for me.

6. Duration. It has been said that DOC is longer lasting than DOM. I think that in terms of the peak effects, they are of similar duration; on both substances I’d say that the real peak has passed after twelve hours. The extra few hours on DOC is more of an afterglow effect where there is some residual stimulation which can either be enhanced by using another substance, or just enjoyed for what it is. DOM seems to taper more quickly. Having said that, I’ve been able to sleep after twelve hours on both substances.

In summary, I definitely prefer DOC to DOM; it seems a much smoother ride. Having said that, DOM (at these doses anyway – 4mg DOC v 7.5mg DOM) appears to have the ability to take you deeper. When on DOC I am able to just sit back and take the ride. In some of my notes I wrote after a particularly intense period of visuals that “things are just doing their own shit”. On DOM I found myself questioning what I was seeing a lot more; as Xorkoth says, DOM seems to have something of a delerient effect that isn’t there in other substances such as DOC). Anyway, I still have 7.5mg of DOM left to play with and I will take it when I have less tolerance as this test was performed just five days following my 4.5mg DOC trip.

Great synopsis, thanks for that! I pretty much agree with everything you said. It's been quite a long time since I've had DOM, so this actually reminded me of my experiences a bit.

Great synopsis, thanks for that! I pretty much agree with everything you said. It's been quite a long time since I've had DOM, so this actually reminded me of my experiences a bit.

So you agree that DOM is more stimulating than DOC? I thought the other way until I read this last post :S

Oh I guess not that part, I felt a little less stimulated on DOM. But I'm not sure how it would be now that I am not overusing psychedelics. I really hope I get a chance to try out DOM again.

Indeed. I noticed that during the initial stages that there was no real difference in terms of stimulation. The key difference was during the visual stage. I've had stop frame visuals before, albeit briefly when mixing miprocin and metocin, but this was much more intense, more frequent and longer lasting. It wasn't completely unpleasant, but I prefer the DOC style of visuals. Has anyone else experienced this on DOM? Is it a feature of the drug or was it purely personal?

I knew the cat who built this critter myself and there is nothing fast and out of control about it aside from an increased heart rate. The visuals are beautiful and full of motion. The eyes closed imagery is infinite. 10mg is perfect but very intense. After you take it make sure you eat something that is nice to puke up.

I've never gotten nausea from this or any other DOX.

After you take it make sure you eat something that is nice to puke up.

I've never gotten nausea from this or any other DOX.

People sure have radically different responses from hyper-selective 5HT2A agonist such as most DOX and 25X-NBOMe drugs. I noticed the same variance with 25I-NBOMe. Even low doses caused extreme nausea, strong negative effects, and strong bitter taste in me. Other people didn't experience those negatives.

With any drug some people react differently. This appears especially true with these drugs. Start with an allergy test and stay safe.