• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

@FindingEmoe:
Although a bit a late answer, and it is my first here. But at first sight I could only imagine 3 reasons:
1) Tolerance: Did you do other substances recently?
2) Psychological: IMHO especially on DOM when the trip is lower dose, one has the capability to prevent the trip and remain in a "sober" condition simply by concentrating on other stuff. But as soon as you then let go (in a psychological sense) the trip comes on fully...
3) Metabolism: By reading this thread I get the strong impression that DOM is the kinda substance where personal metabolism plays a big role. E.g. the effect differences with same dosages seem to wary quite strongly.
AFAIR Shulgin made some experiments with radioactive marked DOXs (I think it was DOB), where they could look where the stuff goes after ingestion. Strangely it seemed that first everything went into the lungs. There it got metabolized into some different substance, which then went to the brain. This route is quite different to most other substances which usually go directly to the brain. This could also explain the longer onset needed for the DOX compounds as they first have to be metabolized in the lungs before they can become active.
So if people have at this point a different metabolism, this could explain the strong differences in effects and also the strong differences in the duration of the trip. E.g. since some time I'm microdosing DOM (about 0.4mg) and although the dose is so low, for my metabolism this means, that it is impossible to sleep until 14-16h after ingestion.
BTW: IMHO DOM is just awesome for microdosing (a guaranteed smile for the whole day =D). For the heavier trips DOM is just a too long commitment for me.

I had taken a threshold pharmahuasca dose the week before taking the DOM, but the thing is i was able to sleep at +8 hours both times of trying it.

I have a few 2.5mg DOM blotters. I plan on taking 1 and a half of the other. What am I looking at as for as effect go? I think 2.5mg is too little and my only other DOX chemical was DOC at 2.5 and it was pretty underwhelming. I do have 100-100ug lsd laid blotters, but would rather try DOM on its own.

If 2.5mg of DOC was underwhelming, I'd say 1.5 of these blotters is likely to be underwhelming too. DOC is at least twice as potent as DOM. If you have plenty of them, I'd start with 1.5 like you said, but if you don't have much to go with, I'd try 2.

I have a few 2.5mg DOM blotters. I plan on taking 1 and a half of the other. What am I looking at as for as effect go? I think 2.5mg is too little and my only other DOX chemical was DOC at 2.5 and it was pretty underwhelming. I do have 100-100ug lsd laid blotters, but would rather try DOM on its own.

I have only tried DOM once at 5 mg. I have probably 100 trips or so under my belt including acid, most 2C's, plenty tryptamines, but that was the only trip that I've had that was a bad trip through and through. Messed me up for quite a few days afterwords and i was having visuals 54 Hours in. This means I must be more sensitive than most when it comes to psychedelic amphetamines. My plan was to try it next time at the dose you were thinking. That is merely my experience, YMMV

Are you sure they are exactly 2,5 mg? Are you 100% sure it's DOM, and maybe not DOB/I/C misrepresented as DOM? Do you know someone who tried them already maybe?

Seems to me a little reckless to jump right in at the deep end, with what sounds like basically unknown blotters.

How many do you have, btw? Best would be to titrate the dose, of cause.

If 2.5mg of DOC was underwhelming, I'd say 1.5 of these blotters is likely to be underwhelming too. DOC is at least twice as potent as DOM. If you have plenty of them, I'd start with 1.5 like you said, but if you don't have much to go with, I'd try 2.

Yeah I had a 5mg DOC blotter split in half and shared with a buddy. It had a nice push to it with a small headspace and slightest visuals. Was enjoyable to say the least. I only have 4 DOM blotters at the moment.

I have only tried DOM once at 5 mg. I have probably 100 trips or so under my belt including acid, most 2C's, plenty tryptamines, but that was the only trip that I've had that was a bad trip through and through. Messed me up for quite a few days afterwords and i was having visuals 54 Hours in. This means I must be more sensitive than most when it comes to psychedelic amphetamines. My plan was to try it next time at the dose you were thinking. That is merely my experience, YMMV

Have you had any other experiences with DOx's ? Would you consider 2C-B, I, E and/or speedy in anyway?

Are you sure they are exactly 2,5 mg? Are you 100% sure it's DOM, and maybe not DOB/I/C misrepresented as DOM? Do you know someone who tried them already maybe?

Seems to me a little reckless to jump right in at the deep end, with what sounds like basically unknown blotters.

How many do you have, btw? Best would be to titrate the dose, of cause.

I am with out a doubt that these are 2.5mg DOM blotters as they are labeled as such and come from god himself.

I am looking for all and any info. I've read all this thread and most of what errowid has on DOM/STP. Any other links would be helpful. I only have a handful of times a year to trip :)

Also if 1.5 blotters is underwhelming when would be best to to take 100-110ug LSD blotter? I was thinking at the 4-5 hour mark after ingesting.

Thanks

-Xored

Adding LSD should be fine if you're experienced (which it sounds like you are). But yeah the psychedelic amphetamines take a number of hours to fully develop, so I'd wait for 4-5 hours like you said. For me 5mg of DOM is not a strong dose, but for some it certainly may be. The DOXs are just in general really powerful drugs. Like I said, if you had plenty I'd start lower but given you know what they are for sure (it's nice that there are things available that have the dose and molecules printed on them these days), and that you've done DOC at a comparable dose and had a pleasant experience with no adverse reactions, I feel good about recommending you to jump in at 5mg (which for most is not the "deep end" of DOM, when it was released in the 60s as "STP" they had 15 or 20mg doses, can't remember which - which were certainly way too high, granted, but it does speak favorably for 5mg being a perfectly safe dose).

Back when I managed to get 500mg of DOM, in 2007 I think, I took 5mg and didn't even fully trip. Of course I had some significant tolerance at the time but during that same time I could take 3mg of DOC and still trip hard.

Yes, there probably won't come any harm from you ingesting 1.5 of those DOM blotters. For what ever it's worth, 3 mg of DOM was for me a perfect dose. (I dissolved the powder in alcohol myself, so I'm 100% sure of the dose) But people are different, and you might need more like Xorkoth.

I actually have done the DOM+LSD combo. It's awesome =D No worries. Back when I was a noob, I bought a very thick green blotter, sold to me as mescaline. The story was that they came from Switzerland, which they probably did, because it was a Swiss guy selling them IIRC. I took it at a rave and an hour later I was completely underwhelmed, so I took a Hieronymus Bosch LSD blotter as well. I spent the rest of the morning and all of the day tripping balls. =D

I later found out that it actually hadn't been mescaline, but actually DOM in these green blotters. lol.

Anyway, I agree that 1.5 of those DOM blotters sounds like a great plan. If it's underwhelming, top up with acid for that day, and then the next time you have time trip, you can take a 2-3 blotters for the full DOM experience.

Hey guys!

I've acquired some DOM and I have a couple of questions:

1. My tabs are 2.5mg and I am a very experienced user of psychedelics of all kinds and shapes, but have never tried DOM. I want to experience it in full beauty. So I was thinking about taking 1 blotter and later in, if I feel like, to take one more. Do you have any experience with topping up later in the trip and how does it work or is it worth taking it like that at all? Or better just 5mg straight ahead? I never had a bad trip in my life but on DOC/DOI I felt some peripheral body discomfort/uneasiness so I want to be more careful. I am also quite used to stimulants.
2. What would be the pefect situation for experiencing DOM's effects? I mean, I only have 4 tabs of 2.5mg and I was thinking about taking it myself and cruising around the Old Town then some meditation in my room with some quality music with art making :)
I don't have enough to share with a circle of friends. But I was thinking about sharing an experience with my girlfriend. The thing is she's not experienced in psychedelics as much as I am, she tried mushrooms and LSD and ayahuasca a couple of times though.
What about taking DOM on a psychedelic trance party? Would that dim the effects or would perhaps the stimmmy feel add some extra spice to the party? :p

Cheers!

In my experience, 2.5mg is quite a light dose of DOM. I'd go for 5, considering your experience. Actually what might be best is to take 2.5, and then 2 hours in, take another 2.5, just to make sure you don't have an unusual reaction. And 2 hours in isn't too much time for the second dose to not be effective, although it would be slightly more effective to take it all at once. I'd say that DOM is about half as potent as DOC, or even a little less.

I find DOC and DOM to be pretty pro-social, so taking it at a psychedelic party could be a really nice setting. I mostly have experience with DOC, I've only done DOM a few times, but on DOC I feel that socializing and being involved in things doesn't diminish the effects at all, in fact, it brings out some of the better effects. It's not really the type of drug that is best to take by yourself, for me anyway.

I'd think if your girlfriend has tried and enjoyed mushrooms, LSD and ayahuasca, she'd be fine to handle DOM. The only thing about DOM is it lasts longer, but it's not nearly as intense as mushrooms or ayahuasca, at normal dosages.

I found 4mg DOM quite intense for my liking....i never hit a +++ with it, but i got enough to be satisfied as to the fact that i then understood the infamous STP...and that Id probably never take it again.

Where as DOC was fluffy and joyous, DOM was a heavy wet blanket.

If it were me, Id probably take 1 and the other a few hours later....or bite the big one and take 5mg at once.

Cant say I recommend DOM but it has its fans.

I certainly prefer DOC too, but I liked DOM. I really want to try it again since I had a lot of tolerance at the time.

But how did you know I would try it? I've just been back from the future, and I do indeed try it. It's uncanny...

So I've tried meth and other amphetamines and they barely do anything if anything at all, mdma is the closest thing to an amphet that works. Do you think this could be why dom didn't have an effect on me?

Dont let the "amphetamine" part throw you off. All of these amphetamine drugs have very different effects in the CNS. They are related to each other only by way of chemistry, and to the best of my knowledge...cross tolerance between the three drugs in question does not occur.

What dose of DOM did you take? Cross tolerance between DOM and other psychedelics will occur...are you taking a lot of psychedelic drugs?