• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

I'll be taking 5mgs of apparently chemically pure DOM this weekend and i'll report back.. I don't know whether I should be apprehensive about the dose. Reports conflict on whether that is ultra intense or not. I have found that I tend to need to take twice as much of any phenethylamine as my friends to achieve the effect I want. (40mg 2c-i, 60mg 2c-b, 40mg 2c-e) I don't know if DOM will fit with that. I suppose I'll find out.

I don't recommend dosages to people but you can take up to 10mg. It is an ultra intense psychedelic. Even at 4mg (what I took), and even only hovering between ++ and +++ the entire time...the power of DOM was undeniable. Completely penetrating into every aspect of the psyche in a very LSD-like way...but the DOM trip is 'slower' than LSD...developing over 4-5 hours and fading around 16 hr. So no rocket-like launch to the peak more like a helicopter side up to the peak. Strong peak either way.

Would anyone reccomend it for a first phenethylamine (aside from the APBs, MDMA, methylone)?
at somewhere round 3mg per os, hiking in his all time childhood favourite mushroom picking woodlands? Its a place I'm familiar tripping in. Tranquillizers, and strong fucking bastards at that, chlormethiazole (an oldschool hypnotic/sedative/anxiolytic, barb like in action, packs one hell of a whallop) and alpha2 adrenoreceptor agonists (clonidine, intravenous or sublingual, tizanidine orally/per rectum) are available ad libitum, oral morphine/codeine are purchasable OTC also, and enough oxy 80s to flatten a bull elephant, as well as antinauseants (an antimuscarinic, but a quat, scopolamine butylbromide. It cannot pass the BBB to produce central effects, so is limited to being a spasmolytic, antinauseant/antiemetic, and lowering sweating. I take this already as a prescription med, fuckin heavy metal exposure, Cd, Hg, Pb, Cu. Mostly better now though.

Also, without going too much into synth discussion. Is the product of the most widely used route (nitroalkene reduction) racemic?

From the sound of it, the single isomers are worth looking at. A chiral resolution, is not something I have done before, but it is not beyond my capability to do so either.

I have the ability to get hold of more or less as much as I could wish of either 2C-D, DOM, or 2C-D-nBOMe. Not an either-or choice. The 2C-D is a foregone conclusion, already one step behind in the bag. The identity of the compounds is certain, beyond reproach.

Do 2C-D and DOM complement each other well? how about herb/'noids ? Really quite looking forward to trying these two, they have been on my list for a while.

No, DOM pretty much sucks. It gets high praise because it was one of the first synthetic PEAs. It's a legend because of all the "STP" stories from the 60s. Once the reputation is stripped and you eat the stuff....there are too many WAY better ones than to get stuck on 16hr speedy as hell....in a not so good way, material.

The racemate is all I've known to exist commercially but the (-) isomer is apparently not too hard to make and some BLers do have some in small private stocks. I'm sure one day at least one report on the (-) isomer few will surface. Not sure if I will ever take it but I got a good friend who loves to try all these things more than I do and doesn't seem to mind long trips either...I'll make sure one get written if he was to take it....heh maybe he will even talk me into it.

MGS. Are you sure it's not just psychedelic amphetamines you don't like? :)

DOM and DOC are supposedly the least stimulating of the DOx.

I love DOC but with DOM, 8mg separated into two doses 3 hours apart brought me little apart from body load and general speedy trippy fuckedness. I wasn't impressed at all.

Well I love AMPHETAMINE (script, just 5mg-10mg when needed), and even have learned to enjoy amphetamine on sacrements if the day works out that way (I don't intentionally combine but days I was on the script became trip nights and my body is at peace with it).

DOM is the only psychedelic amphetamine I've tried outside MDA, MMDA, MDMA, etc (love all those too)....but based upon the writings of others I trust and know.....DOM has a pretty intense body element, it's noted throughout the Shulgin lab notes too. Whether it's less stimulating or more stimulating than DOB, I am not sure of. DOB seems like a somewhat more 'accessible' psychedelic compared to DOM once you excuse how long they both last....from reading I suspect DOB is a bit more visual and perhaps even has some of the 2C-Bish feelings to it...DOM has none of that...it's visual but not insanely so...at least not till higher levels that I will never go to.

Swallowed 7mg then vaped 12mg about 30-50 minutes later. Surprisingly less intense than I Imagined, I'm a huge fan of vaporizing chems for reduced duration and increased intensity. While the experience was visual it's nothing like what I imagine 20mg oral would be. Also vaporization results in a more amphetamine like high.

Has anyone combined DOM qith the nbome series? Getting my hands on 25g,c,i soon. Already tried 25c vaporized and taken 25i sublingual as well as intranasal, but not 25i,g. Vaporizing nbome on a 7-15mg oral dose of dom would be amazing I imagine. Will most likely vape 25g, alone or with either 25c, or 25i, before mixing with DOM, really look forward to 25g, it's my little treasure especially since 2c-g's are impossible to find

Not a huge 'phet fan myself. In light to moderate doses I do find some stimulants tolerable, and in some cases, even useful/enjoyable.

My usage is light though, very light. Typically no more than at most, one day/night, or two nights and the intervening day, I'll often smoke a bit of MPA while I wait for the doc's surgery to open to collect my prescription meds (which includes sedatives, A2Ar agonists, opioids etc. but no stimulants)

What's DOM like?

just got a tab of it and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, is it a light psychedelic like Nbome, 2cb or aMT? or is it more like acid or shrooms in it's intensity?

I thought 25i-NBOME was too shallow, it was pure visuals and no real head trip. Will DOM be better?

considering it's so rare it was ridiculously cheap.

Last edited:
I had an unknown dosage with DOM on one occasion. I had it in a solution in a breath mints bottle, but trying to safely distribute it like that kinda went out the window when I puddled myself. It had a slight discomfort feeling on the come up, but it wasn't at all comparable to a lot of the RC's I had done or Mescaline for that matter. I thought I noticed something rather soon after taking it, but it wasn't anything but expectation. I sat there watching some stupid Martin Lawrence movie after a good period of waiting. I started noticing I was actually coming up when I started noticed a deep reasoning for the idiotic movie I was watching. I ended up deciding to go outside, still having the slightly poisoned feeling, but I sat on my front porch for the next 8 hours+ straight. I sat looking in pretty much the same direction talking to someone on a lower dose of it than I was. It was rather extravagantly colorful. Visuals like it was a beautiful sunny day in some psychedelic green house at 2AM. I remember looking at a street light, and the rainbow halo that was around the light seemed to be spinning around in endless colors. It was seeming like there were more colors that I had ever learned about being displayed. After a while of this, I decided to lay in bed and see what my head could really do with it.

I remember lying in my bed, trying to project myself outwards, but nothing was happening at all when I closed my eyes. After a short period of total relaxation I had this weird sensation like I was getting pulled at the end of my bed to underneath it, or it was like I was melting from my feet. It was an incredibly weird sensation. I ended up not going to sleep and stayed up for the next day with slight graffiti pattern visuals.

I had no real euphoric experience, but I really enjoyed it. The feelings I had during the time on it were completely neutral in every aspect. No anxiety and no real profound thought discovery. It was a great substance to have done with someone else. I was extremely talkative on DOM, unlike most psychedelics I've done.

It's exactly like mescaline. Unless you dose insanely high you'll feel a very gentle bodyhigh and some light enhancement of colours. Beautiful drug but very gentle.

Any idea what dosage the blotter is?

The tranquilizing drug Chlorpromazine, frequently administered to calm an LSD taker who has had a panic psychotic reaction, was found to intensify and worsen adverse reactions to STP, leading some doctors to believe that STP like Chlorpromazine, resembled Atropine and hence one potentiated the other. Another report called the drug BZ, a top secret “nerve-gas” being experimented on by the army. When at last the Food and Drug Administration Bureau of Drug Abuse Control obtained samples and analyzed them, they announced it was a mescaline derivative (and hence subject to the Drug Abuse Control Amendment of 1965)

Combining this with the reports of a speedy uncomfortable feeling on DOM and the conclusion is clear: it is probably a potent 5-ht2c agonist! I am not surprised so many people react badly. LSD meanwhile has much lower 5-ht2c affinity (but higher 5-ht1a/5-ht6 affinity).

edit: yup. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02246074

DOx will, for better or for worse, probably be remembered as "those drugs that weren't so great", even this erstwhile sought-after ligand.

Last edited:
My dose of DOC is 4mg + it's an amazing psychedelic... I like it much better then DOM at 10mg.. DOM is boring to me... & on a side note; DOC and DMT together, at it's peek, is spectacular!

Last edited:
Just got some tabs of DOM and I am very excited to try it. I have had some experience with DOB (very small dose) and DOC (~4mg) and I absolutely loved DOC so I'm looking forward to trying the patriarch of the DOx family. I have a prescription for adderall that I take daily so my body is pretty used to amphetamines and I'm hoping this will cut off the speedy edge people here seem to be talking about. Wish me luck!

Seems like of all the DOx phens out there, that DOC and DOM seem to be the most popular and liked. DOC in particular seems to be a particular favorite of many DOx lovers.

Of all the folks here who have tried both DOM and DOC, which would you prefer more and why? Which one tends to be the more euphoric one for you? Which one would you say resembles a candyflip the most?

DOC is relatively euphoric. DOM also. But I wouldn't think of either when I think of euphoric chemicals. If you really want something euphoric, especially something resembling candyflipping, I would point you towards the higher doses of 2C-B.

Interesting. I've often wondered which would be considered the best 'euphoric' psychedelic chem class between the DOxs (mainly DOC or DOM), 2C-xs (mainly 2c-b and 2c-i), and AMT & all its analogues.

I've also thought about just the DOxs vs the 2C-xs as well. I reasoned that the DOxs would be more euphoric and such since that class of phens are basically the amphetamine versions of the 2C family. Would you say that despite the DOxs being the speedy versions of the 2C family, they still don't effect euphoria and monamine release more so?