• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

I like DOC better by quite a bit. Except that DOM is much crisper and clearer. DOC is dreamy, kind of like a close cousin of LSD and mescaline.

I always feel like everything is hanging in the balance with any mis-step in my micro-movements leading to collapse, on DOM. Like whatever effect mushrooms has on your DLPFC it seems to drop goal-oriented information and disrupt Working Memory. You get all sorts of pleasantness and free-association. DOM , on the other hand, locks your DLPFC onto every last bit of Adrenaline processing. I feel like a fighter pilot sometimes with all the Status/Competition/Fear processing that happens in highly social situations, on DOM. Also, whatever thermogenic effects it has creates an extreme sensitivity to thirst and humidity. Sweat, anxiety, skin galvanic responses you gain hyper-awareness to it all. Anyways, my preference is definitely towards higher complexity and higher tension. Sometimes I like to do the hippy thing and just create a serene aura, but usually I prefer to strategically attain peace via high information throughput that has me anticipating beneficial next-moves.

Come again? Didn't get that last bit... it sounds machiavellist :)

So it causes something like hypervigilance and types of tension in you? And also that stimulated linear problem-solving drive amphetamines have?
It doesn't sound particularly pleasant, what do you like about it?

Are you prone to anxiety?

I think it causes everyone hypervigilance (adrenergic agonism) and tension (vaso-constriction). Processing excessive Adrenaline activates goal-oriented brain networks, not the default/idling networks that would allow for non-strategic thinking. The tension (changing regional blood flow) creates an extensional/active movement pattern to sustain dilation and normalize blood pressure. I have always experimented with greater than 12mg, whereas the highest dose reported in Pihkal is 12mg. The pleasantness comes from having to earn your reward processing instead of being thrown into a euphoric mindset from the get-go. I am not prone to anxiety, my cognitive style does give me a unique perspective on contingency-planning mechanisms within the brain though. I am more oriented towards explaining and modeling psychedelic mindstates in line with James Kent's "Psychedelic Information Theory) and others.

I want DOM so badly it's not even funny it's one of the things I still need to try

*TMI*

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried DOM today with 10mg. WARNING I am very insensitive to psychs, don't extrapolate to yourself.

First effects T +1
Hard to act sober T+ 2
peak at T +3-5
From T+ 5 to T+11 hard to communicate etc, but then very social

Overall pretty stimulating, I cycled 80+ km without feeling very tired. Not much headfuck, maybe some at peak, but overall I was able to navigate and use GPS. With 4 mg DOC that was almost not possible, but I did not had this perma-tolerance to psychs back then.

Trip was nice, but overall nothing amazing, would not say it is must try etc. Have some "mystic", "violet-black" feeling to it, though. CEVs are of darker colors.
Stupidly, I ate a lot of yoghurt at T +3 and then had some gastric disturbance. Food at T +10 felt very nice and w/o problems.

On peak, it was pretty sedating/dreamy in some way, felt nice just to lie there listening to music, watching nature around me. Music on DOM sounds great, spacey and detailed, electronic and pop alike.

This is probably worthy compound, but long acting time makes it suitable more for festival setting. I need to try 15mg at a festival to verify that.
Right now I'm thinking DOC is a bit deeper, but my fav is still AL-LAD

Hi everyone!
I'm about to have my first DOM experience.
I've tried already coke and MDMA.
There will be only two of us (me and a girl, that'll be her first experience too), we will start it in the morning/noon, weather, most likely, will be very hot.
Any recommendations how to spend our time? Indoor or outdoor, if outdoor then crowded places or no, some kind of seaside?
Also what about sexual activity?

Thanks in advance.

Hey welcome to PD / bluelight,

Maybe too late now, but it would have been smart if you had done your homework on DOM on forehand..

I'm not sure that experience with coke or MDMA matters that much, and DOM can apparently be pretty serious, deep, relentless and long lasting. Not something I'd recommend for a first trip.
But of course it can work out very nicely, especially if you know the potency of your DOM product and keep the dose on the low side.

I'd start out indoor at home where you are safe to have the come-up. When the trip settles in and you are ready to 'explore', going outside can be wonderful although I would avoid crowded places. Also don't drive under the influence and be careful venturing out into places that are not easy to return from.

It's stimulating so I'm guessing sex would be rather great, that is unless you are tripping so hard that things become weird. Again, it may be different for a first timer compared to someone who is used to tripping.

Have only had DOB myself.

24.5mg at a bodyweight of 212 pounds. I want to experience the original freak-out dose that made this famous. Are there online tripsitters? I want to try this, right now.

Online tripsitters are imaginary... no one can sit for you while not being there. People can help to talk you down, perhaps, but it's far from sufficient to be a trip sitter. Can you find a real trip sitter, at some point? No need to get impatient, there's plenty of time to embark on serious psychedelic journeys besides right now.

Hey welcome to PD / bluelight,

Maybe too late now, but it would have been smart if you had done your homework on DOM on forehand..

I'm not sure that experience with coke or MDMA matters that much, and DOM can apparently be pretty serious, deep, relentless and long lasting. Not something I'd recommend for a first trip.
But of course it can work out very nicely, especially if you know the potency of your DOM product and keep the dose on the low side.

I'd start out indoor at home where you are safe to have the come-up. When the trip settles in and you are ready to 'explore', going outside can be wonderful although I would avoid crowded places. Also don't drive under the influence and be careful venturing out into places that are not easy to return from.

It's stimulating so I'm guessing sex would be rather great, that is unless you are tripping so hard that things become weird. Again, it may be different for a first timer compared to someone who is used to tripping.

Have only had DOB myself.
Hi.
My bad, it was actually DOB. And it was awesome.

I didn't puss out, lol. I am going to wait until after I come back from Burning Man to post all the epicness. I can't believe it's only the 6th of August there is so much time compression and unforgettable moments happening for me. Shulgin passing away and me speaking with memorial attendees has added a spiritual element to this compound that has been out of this world. So blessed for his discovery.

That's wonderful. :) <3 I too have had an amazing summer full of incredible experiences and events that seem synchronistic.

Planning on taking DOM tonight for the first time, 5mg tab each for me and a friend.
Is it okay to swallow right away like LSD? Not a fan of the chemical taste most RCs have.

Also, thinking of adding a dose of 4-ho-MiPT if we're underwhelmed after 5-7 hours. Worth it or would tolerance set in by then?

I've never tried DOM, but all DOx's are orally bioavailable. I've drank/eaten DOC and DOB multiple times. Only done sublingual once. As for tolerance, I've added new psychedelics at multiple different intervals in my previous DOx experiences, and have never run into problems with it, so I think you'd be good to go on adding 4-HO-MIPT at the 5-7 hour point.

Enjoy and POST! (If you want to)

Yeah the DOXs are quite orally bioavailable, actually I don't even find food in my stomach to affect absorption of DOC much (the one I have by far the most experience with - also it's the best of the bunch in my opinion, though DOM is good too).

Yeah, I've never noticed too much of a difference whether or not I have food in my belly or not on DOC.