• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy Changa Thread - 1st Toke Over the Line

You will absolutly need to use some sort of chemicals.....

you can probably find a food safe solvent to use though.

I know there are lots of different food safe extractions, but I dont know if I have read a tek for making changa that is food safe...

Sure. But if you use naphtha, then don't light a cigarette while using it.

Some teks. are safer than other

Can that be done at home without blowing things up or burning the place down?

=D

Definitely. As long as you do your research thoroughly (look through several extraction teks for different methods/advice) and are careful to follow directions very closely, as well as take safety precautions like safety goggles and gloves etc it can be done at home fairly quickly and easily.

But doing your research and taking the time to be safe is very important.. without these things there can be disastrous results (it does involve working with caustic and flammable chemicals).

If you are thinking of doing it once you have researched a little if you have any questions feel free to private message me!

If you have a food-safe solvent that you can use to dissolve the DMT, you can use that to impregnate it onto the changa.

If you can use it to pull the DMT from the NaOH solution, you can use it to redissolve the DMT to soak into the Caapi. I think I've seen a tek using d-limonene, so yeah that should work.

What about smoking Yopo seeds? This is supposedly an effective way to use DMT/5-MeO-DMT.
Effects of Yopo

With sniffing the effects start in 5 minutes and last for 30 minutes. Small doses of Yopo (2-3 seeds) will generate light euphoria and minor (with eyes closed) hallucinations. Larger doses (4-5 seeds) will generate euphoria, stronger hallucinations and loss of bodily control. When smoked, the experience resembles that of smoking pure DMT. A smaller amount is needed in order to feel the effects, which start in a matter of just a few seconds. The peak lasts for three to ten minutes and will stop after twenty to thirty minutes.
So how is smoking Yopo compared to smoking extract?

i would think that a simple alcohol or acetone extraction of your DMT containing plant would be fine for making changa... no need to get to pure DMT. dosing would be a little trickier to figure out but still doable.

Big & Dandyfied for your reading pleasure. Didn't seem to fit neatly into either the DMT thread or the Ayahuasca thread, so here we go, talk some changa!

In the process of making my first batch of changa. I'm using caapi leaf covered in 10x caapi vine extract. 50% dmt by weight. I've had DMT enhanced leaf before but this is my first time adding harmalas.

Haven't smoked DMT in a few months but it is calling me.

I'm a huge changa fan, I'll extoll its virtues until I die. I've not yet made a blend involving an MAOI so some of you may not consider that true "changa" so to speak, but over at the nexus they use that term to refer to any DMT + herbs blend. I've been using the "Electric Sheep" blend which is 50% DMT, 25% Calea Zacatechichi leaves and 25% Blue lotus petals by weight. Having the DMT infused to herbs is INCREDIBLY useful in a variety of ways. For one its easy to carry, share, trade... and most importantly smoke! Gone are the days of fooling with steel wool, wondering how much was leftover from the last use and never knowing if the current dose was going to be too mild or knock me out cold. Plus no more long speeches about proper smoking technique when we are joined by those uninitiated to the deems. Just a pinch of the DMT infused leaf in a bong and after 1 or 2 quick rips you're in full blown DMT space (although I find it to be a slightly different qualitative experience, even without the MAOI). You can also just put it in a handpipe if you're looking for a slower, more immersive experience. I've also found it to be more potent for some reason (or perhaps i wasn't vaporizing it correctly when we were using just the pure freebase), it only takes 30mg of DMT (this would be measured as 60mg of changa) to get me knocking on the door of a "breakthrough" with this method. It's definitely the only way I'll be flying in the future.

Some observations:
--The smoke is very acrid if you put it in a bong and try to rip it like you would cannabis. Use long slow inhalations and just get it lit enough to stay burning. This makes it less harsh, and the blend burns slower at a lower temperature, wasting less DMT. You can also split the dose among 2 or 3 bowl attachments so you can just clear a hit and reload quickly.
--This does not seem to work very well with 5-MeO-DMT. Made a batch with 20mg of the stuff on green tea leaves and 8mg produced very weak effects. I'd love to know if anybody has a way around this, or succeeded where I failed because I'd love to have 5-MeO leaf.
--Isopropanol is the ideal solvent IMO. Very cheap and easy to get, and evaporates quickly enough.
--Speaking of evaporation, leave yourself a full night and day, maybe more depending on the amount you're using. I've evaporated it quicker using a hot desk lamp but I found that this created an "uneven" laying so to speak, certain doses were very light and some others were much stronger than usual. This could've just been my imagination, but I think its just a good rule of thumb not to try to speed up evaporation using heat. Sometimes you smell it and think the solvent is totally evaporated, but it won't be. I usually transfer the herbs to a pill bottle for storage after drying, and occasionally after a fresh batch I'll open up the bottle and smell isopropanol. If this is the case I just lay it out on wax paper again for a few hours to dry further.

Hmmm... have got some syrian rue seeds. And some n,n,DMT. Can I get the Changa effect by making a mixture of ground rue seed and the DMT and smoking it?

And an above remark is incorrect... MAO inhibition on its own DOES have an effect... grind up 3g syrian rue seed and consume on an empty stomach. About 45 mins later there is a DEFINITE and moderately strong tingly fuzzy high that develops. Fairly pleasant all on its own, IMO.

See here for hints about historical "cultural" uses of the pure Syrian Rue seed for its psychoactive (and other medicinal) effects: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmal

(And of course it enhances pot, mushrooms, and DMT containing plants.)

Smoking syrian rue seeds sounds like it might be pretty unpleasant. The do taste quite awful. But i don't know why it wouldn't be effective.

Peganum Harmala is definitely active on its own, but i don't think that all those effects are strictly attributable to MAO inhibition.

Can I get the Changa effect by making a mixture of ground rue seed and the DMT and smoking it?

I'm relatively sure that smoking syrian rue seeds has been tried with success. The dose for oral harmaloids is something like 150-200mg but when smoked you only need a very small amount, so the amount in a bowl of seeds might/should do the trick. However if you're looking for a *-huasca type experience many people would probably urge you to use caapi. you could also do an extraction (rue is real easy to extract) and then freebase the pure(ish) alkaloids, but I haven't been able to find a reliable dose estimate or scale for this proportional to the DMT. As a result I've got 600mg or so of freebase harmalas just sitting around because i'm not sure what to do with them.

Smoked B. Caapi

If I were to smoke B. Caapi extract alone (10x from a vine, put on Spearmint) what would the duration and effects be?

What would be a recommended dose to feel these effects?

If it were smoked with a tryptamine how much would the effects be intensified by and would you still smoke the same amount?

Also, my research suggests that ingesting an MAOI with psychedelic phens is safe, would it be safe to smoke this with a 2C or mescaline like compound? Would the intensity increase by a similar amount?

Thanks for reading all these questions, I've been searching around and haven't really found any concrete answers.

Never experienced changa myself, but IIRC it usually lasts an hour or two. Changa heads feel free to chime in & make this thread a touch bigger & dandier ;)

Also, my research suggests that ingesting an MAOI with psychedelic phens is safe, would it be safe to smoke this with a 2C or mescaline like compound? Would the intensity increase by a similar amount?
Well, it would be more intense, but reasonably safe, however you should NOT use a 2C-T-x in conjunction with an MAOI.