• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy Changa Thread - 1st Toke Over the Line

So from what information i gathered there are no real restrictions when smoking Changa (with MAOIs in it), but most people say it's better to stay away from certain food (and substances of course), like above said because people tend to get bad headaches when eating normally and smoking DMT/MAOI-infused leaves. But my question still is: how long do i have to abstain from those things before and after the experience?

Just thought i would chime in with this. On Friday night/Saturday morning i smoked roughly about 5 hits of changa throughout the night, whilst also sniffing mephedrone & i felt completely fine, with no adverse reactions; as did my friend who did exactly the same as me.

^ No problem, but thanks for your reply. Man, i'm really tempted to test this one out, but i'm concerned about the MAOi-properties of the contained harmala. Don't wanna run around with a bad headache (at best) for the next few days and doing a strict diet for some days just for 15mins of fun doesn't sound better tbh.

Anyone any tips on making enuthused leaf? what leaf to use and what ratio?

I dont have a scale so i have eye balled maybe 2:3 (two parts DMT one part leaf, probably weaker) using powered Banisteriopsis Caapi mixed tobacco using Acetone.

do you think this will be cool?

I dont want to used too much with my first try as DMT is expensive and I dont have the time to extract myself now

Doesn't tobacco itself contain MAOIs which are responsible in part for the plants addictige nature due to synergy with nicotine? If there is enough MAOI in tobacco to effect the effects felt by a cigarette smoker, wouldn't a DMT tobacco mix be enough to create a changa effect? If anyone has tried this i would be very interested to hear about it, it already sounds to good to be true as i am typing it, but you never know right?

I recently got some changa. 1gr - %50 DMT. Tried today. Here is the trip report which was very short, sorry for that It was my first dmt experience, hardly understand any of it.

Dose: Around 100mg (Don't have a scale so I had to eyeball it) (I got used to eyeballing by salvia)
Setting: My room, midday and I was alone

I used a waterfall bong which I had done in like 4 min and a normal lighter.

Light it and got my finger off the water hole, smoke began to pour down. When it finished I took all of it in one pull which was extremely easy as it isn't harsh at all. Then I lay down on the bed. It had been just around 6-7 seconds that I thought I couldn't hold it any longer. But I tried to hold it. Then I began to feel the pressure on my head. I felt like it was gonna explode. My vision began to change, then I exhaled. Then everything went Alex Grey. Now I understand those paintings. The rest of the trip is really hard to explain because half the time I focused on my breathing. Because I didn't know if I was or not. I can't say I panicked. But it prevented me from focusing on the trip itself. The visuals were so powerful that I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or not. I was also really detached from by body. I felt thousand stuff the whole time. Nature, space, love, the meaning of life. It was like millions of thought rushing through me. The whole trip I heard the same tune, like a music. The weird thing is everything was so fast that I felt the trip lasted like 3-4 min (it lasted around 15 min).

The thing I love is that it felt so natural. I don't know I kind a felt the whole existence, hard to explain really. I will definitely try it again soon, then I think I can experience and understand it more.

I'll be very happy if you comment on this, especially the breathing problem.

Never experienced changa myself, but IIRC it usually lasts an hour or two. Changa heads feel free to chime in & make this thread a touch bigger & dandier ;)
Nuh-uh! The times I smoked changa it just lasted longer than DMT, but no longer than 15 minutes tops. It definitely made the experience more stretched out and easier to get a grip on. I generally find DMT very entertaining but rarely do I find it useful, unfortunately. Maybe it's my mindset, but I've never had any proper psychedelic use for DMT. That did feel different on changa though.

Think I'm finally gonna get around to making a bit of changa. In the interest of expediency I'd like to use as little solvent as possible. Is there a noticeable difference in the concentration levels you can get with EtOH vs isopropyl alcohol?

Don't use Isopropyl - seems to oxidize everything way too fast. Harmalas turn bright red using isopropyl! What happens with that?

Acetone seems to work well and doesn't cause too much "reddening", except on the outside.

Also don't evap using a fan if you can avoid it - the slower you let everything evap, the better it will all turn out.

Would whiskey work as a solvent for making changa? (IE dissolve dmt in a bit of whiskey, soak some caapi in it and let it evaporate for a few days)

Last edited:
^^ might want to put it in the oven on a low setting for it to evaporate, since whiskey is 60% water. in theory it should work though. it'll taste like whiskey afterwards.

^ No problem, but thanks for your reply. Man, i'm really tempted to test this one out, but i'm concerned about the MAOi-properties of the contained harmala. Don't wanna run around with a bad headache (at best) for the next few days and doing a strict diet for some days just for 15mins of fun doesn't sound better tbh.

I can tell you that you will not have a problem from bad diet and smoking changa, for example ive done ayahuasca 2hours after mcdonalds.

Ive smoked prob over 100g of changa the last years and the only thing that has given me any side effects is dehydration, and usually that only comes from binging on it since it really dries you out.

Other than that ive done changa on most psychs, dissios and mdma a few times, one time on mdma though i did get a headache on the comedown.

Also most changa blends only contain 10-30% harmalas compared to dmt, so if your average hit of changa contains 30mg dmt then it will only have 3-10mg of harmalas in it, compare that to a oral dose of 150-300mf harmalas.

how would you know when the acetone is all evaporated? Mine is infused with peppermint so that overpowers it but theres that lingering acetone smelll being(i think). Is there any other ways of checking if its done?
Also I only have 200mg of 1:1 left so what would be recommended for a breakthrough(this is enhanced leaf so no maoi).

I Smoked a Changa blend that was 55% dmt, 10% passiflora, 15% damiana, 15% mugwort, 5% harmine freebase.. IT had profound trip for my friend.. he said he felt gods presence and he started crying it.. i tried it and it sent me through a thrashing hell where i was tortured for 3 hours

WHAT ARE THE REAL RISKS of mixing smoked MAOI with other party drugs? Such as mdma, amphetamines, alcohol, marijuana.

I've been doing a bit of research online, forum posts etc, and reading some very different reports. The danger seems mostly theoretical at this point. Is it possible that smoked maoi stays in the body a much shorter time and therefore poses much less risk compared to orally ingested maoi?

Seems like a decent amount of people are mixing changa with other drugs without even being aware of the potential risks.

As the popularity of changa seems to be growing I think there needs to be a saftey faq put out there or something.

What do you guys think? Has anyone directly experienced or observed a bad reaction? Does anyone know of a study that might give more information about the effects of smoked maoi?

What do you guys think? Has anyone directly experienced or observed a bad reaction?

Or even heard about one... not really from combining. And I've talked to thousands of people about Changa.

People taking SSRI's can still smoke Changa, but may get a headache afterwards.

Other people have reported inexplicable reactions, not from combining with any drug, which could be anything really.

The beta carbolines from the caapi vine seem really safe to me, there is an intelligence, a spirit in the vine that assists and heals. Harm isn't really part of reperioitre. I guess if you were using synthetic MAOI's in Changa, it might be a whole lot different. A lot of warning about MAOI's originally come from the rare reactions people have hadfrom synthetic MAOI's. When first released onto the market in the 1950's, these warnings were not present, as they were so rare as to not come up in the trials.

I've only heard of people having reactions to syrian rue, after drinking red wine 24 hours before or after taking syrian rue. Apart from that, I haven't heard of anything else!

I am planning to try DMT, would you guys recommend starting with changa? Would anyone specifically advise against that?

Might sound stupid, but I've used
Lavender and chamomile. I don't know which one of those two plants is a teacher.
But i have come to respect that when you are smoking dmt and prying open your third eye.
Whatever admixture you use, be it a simple one even something as simple as Chamomile and Lavender, it will produce a different series of effects.
I find the Chamomile allows breaking through into higher dimensions alot easier, there is something that intially removes all anxiety.
But it seems to make it very amorphous. Like you can just go on forever. I don't know about you guys but it always seems to be when i smoke just normal DMT.
There is a Rush Into infinity but after you've reached like a Halcyon point you don't really go any farther, you've broken down all of the dimensions.

I remember when i did my most recent batch of 20:1 Lavender//Chamomile Changa mix eventually i hit a purple void which felt like the true character behind the Lavender.
It, isn't an incredibly happy sort i've found full of mystery and intensity. Questioning as to why you have entered it's domain.

The Chamomile Changa on it's own is Bliss.
But this hyper infusion of the two blends left me feeling a little raped afterwards.

Last edited: