Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy Changa Thread - 1st Toke Over the Line

Ximot

Bluelighter
Welcome to the Big & Dandy Changa Thread

Off-Site Resources
novdevider7.gif

I was fortunate enough to come across some "changa" recently. Changa is a combination of herbs that contain an MAOI and are infused with DMT... the experience is a LOT like Ayahuasca and far more grounding and insightful than smoking DMT on its own. I find it extremely enjoyable, too. It's gentler, less freaky, lasts longer, and yet it goes very deep.

Here's a link with more info. http://forums.mycotopia.net/showthread.php?t=12180

Now that my changa has almost run out (I have only 1 dose left) I am wondering how to transform my modest DMT stash into changa by adding some MAOI to it when I smoke it. If anyone else has tried this or is going to try this, please post here.

I will probably try smoking DMT with peganum harmala seeds sometime soon, and if that doesn't work I will try with Passionflower. If thatdoesn't work, I'm gonna have to find some other MAOI-containing herbs...

peace+love
one+all

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always add a small ammount of freebase harmine to the remaining nn,dmt.

I've smoked DMT with passionflower before, with no appreciable change or alteration in the effects, except perhaps a slightly calming quality. Tastes nice though..... How certain is anyone that passionflower/s contain sufficent harmine anyhow?

Passionflower doesn't contain enough harmine if you smoke the plant matter. It requires an extraction or tea to be sufficient for its MAOI qualities.

^^^I don't even find a tea very effective for anything either, MAOI wise. Calming and flavorsome though :)

Not to get off topic, but I am very experienced with Passion Flower, and I haven't seen any sufficient MAOI activity.

You should do a simple A/B extraction of the rue seeds before you smoke them... it will work a hell of a lot better, and won't taste like smoking wood, like smoking the seeds does(I've tried both)

I have never heard of this "changa" before, although, a few years ago, after my first ayahuasca experience, I had a bit of tea left over, and my friend thought it would work if we just evaporated the tea to a powder/paste and smoke it.... in short... no effects were felt and it clogged up a nice bubbler...

You could try melting your DMT on a plate under some boiling water... then adding the herbs and then stirring, and then let dry.

The passionflower contains a small amount of harmine, and harmine when smoked, you only need micrograms to create 50% MAO-A inhibition.

I pulled this from a thread on forums.ayahuasca.com from "doctorcito"

Have you ever read at which concentrations harmine is plainly efficacious as a MAO-A inhibitor in vivo? It's in the low nanomolar range: if smoked, absolute doses in the 100 µg-1 mg range may achieve 50% MAO-A inhibition and beyond. Furthermore a recent study with a caapi extract found it was 100 to 1000 fold more potent than harmine alone as MAO-A inhibitor (Schwarz et al. 2003, in comm. bibliog.).

Also, people find that for whatever reason, the DMT and ayahuasca vine/leaf people often put in their changa, seem to amplify the effect of the herbs that one uses in the mix.

This concurs with the way that ayahuascaros use various admixture herbs in their ayahuasca brews, and the effects of these herbs are amplifed when combined with ayahuasca.

Pretty magical stuff...

Julian.

T. McKenna talks a lot in True Hallucinations of smoking Caapi nto potentiate mushrooms for what thats worth.

Folias, I've often wondered whether so called 'herbal 'highs' such as damiana, pasiflora, mugwort etc. (which have very little 'psyoactivitiy to me at least) have reputations as 'highs' because they have been used as admixtures in aya brews....

Would be interesting to smoke such herbs whilst under the influence of DMT and try to judge whether it had an effect...or before maybe...might be a good way to relax before a DMT trip anyways, to puff on a little passionflower...

One of the most interesting things I learnt in the Amazon was how many different plants they use with ayahuasca... ayahuasca is seen as some kind of activator of the other plants... some of these plants are used for healing of the physical body, some of them for magical or shamanic purposes... but often they would not consider using the plants by themselves because the ayahuasca vine seems to potentiate them quite considerably or regulates their power.

For example, they don't use, nor would ever use datura by itself, but in an ayahuasca brew, they use a small amount of datura flowers (usually), to make a brew more visualy full and expansive.

Mullein is a key herb used in changa, because it is a lung herb and herbs the body to deal with the harsh DMT smoke... also, I have heard of people having very profound
lung healings with this material too.

Julian.

i realy think your on to something here. did a minor search. found mullien floating around somewhere in cyberspace. anyone ever heard of it, and imperticularly as an additive to make the smoke smoother on your lungs and posible healing effects on the lungs. chek it out tell me whats up. some caapi leaves infused with a couple hundred mgs of my freind dmt and a few nice additives like the one above might be quite a great mix of plants

samadhi_smiles said:
Would be interesting to smoke such herbs whilst under the influence of DMT and try to judge whether it had an effect...or before maybe...might be a good way to relax before a DMT trip anyways, to puff on a little passionflower...

I've noticed that mugwort and scullcap (strongly brewed in teas) when on LSD hada noticeable effect- but I can't discount my knowledegd of what these herbs werea lleged to do.

I have smoked DMT on mullein too (I can think of many who would have :)), and can't say my lungs are worse because of it. I've never smokeda lot of mullein, but I've mixed it with weed just for kicks.

IGNVS said:
i realy think your on to something here. did a minor search. found mullien floating around somewhere in cyberspace. anyone ever heard of it, and imperticularly as an additive to make the smoke smoother on your lungs and posible healing effects on the lungs. chek it out tell me whats up. some caapi leaves infused with a couple hundred mgs of my freind dmt and a few nice additives like the one above might be quite a great mix of plants

Check out the entheogen.com forums, it is a favorite as a base for cannabis free smoking blends. There is a ton of info on it over there.

So is mullein a good candidate to make changa or not?
If not whats is a good herb to infuse DMT and harmaline crystals into?

Mullien is not too harsh, thats what i like about it (seems to be the main ingredient in spice gold and the spice-a-likes).
Would spearmint work good?

Also can someone reresh my memory on how to infuse DMT onto an herb.
thanks.

Last edited:
swilow said:
T. McKenna talks a lot in True Hallucinations of smoking Caapi nto potentiate mushrooms for what thats worth.

Folias, I've often wondered whether so called 'herbal 'highs' such as damiana, pasiflora, mugwort etc. (which have very little 'psyoactivitiy to me at least) have reputations as 'highs' because they have been used as admixtures in aya brews....

when t mckenna talks about smoking that while on mushrooms it sounds SO intriguing, makes me want to take a gram of mush JUST to feel those effects he talks about (and I don't like mushrooms)

as far as changa, it sounds awesome, but I should experiment with DMT first before anything ;)

dmt on mullein was good, real smooth and lemony. havnt tried it with harmala alkaloids in the mix tho

Changa as starter carrier, add nnDMT to 70% std, b.caapi, 5% DPT. administer to those who say they 'have had DMT'. 1 bong. film reaction. dont get egotistical from all the thankyous. white light will prevail.

um, someone say Folias? ;-)

you've tried MET also? Does the DPT lengthen the experience iye?

Re-interested in changa again I just found a vial of it.