• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

Why a certain set of people can't just smoke joints like ordinary people is beyond me.

^No that's obvious but how does it work with 5-meo-dmt?

I mean okay my prior post was a hyperbole, yes I understand the basics, but I agree that I don't see any reasoning behind using such a device for said substance.

Sorry I was just trying to make a tired, old joke: =D

NSFW:

I actually have no idea how those things work

SKL, I'm with you - my only reason for checking this method out is due to simplicity. I mentioned DMT only in relevance to dosage and in that sense 5meo is easier to produce a one hit takeoff with. And as you mention only for single dose use. I would never consider to store any dose in any device for repeated use with 5meo.

The main factors I've been looking for:
1. No use of open fire, lighters and so forth.
2. No hazard risk from heated bulbs/pipes.
3. Temperature control - no chance of burning spice.
4. Portability

The only drawback I see as of now is price. I'm willing to invest a bit though if I can get these things in a single device.

morninggloryseed, there are quite a few reviews on youtube (Source Nail).

And although Adam Sandler is correct in the clip - no you don't put your weed in there - it's for concentrates ;) But well let's see how it works I'll report back when I know..

Why a certain set of people can't just smoke joints like ordinary people is beyond me.

What do you mean? I don't see the need for these really complex smoking rigs but whatever floats ur boat

It's easy to exaggerate unnecessarily with almost any hobby or lifestyle..

It's easy to exaggerate unnecessarily with almost any hobby or lifestyle..

Sure it is. And it's a tendency that one must be very aware of I much concur.
It's also easy to frown upon solutions that might be outside one's immediate belief on how things should be - even though they might be more efficient or simple.
I might be wrong on this one. I will find out by trail and error. I have no intention to cling on to this method as being better than a meth pipe. If it turns out that it's possible to push a button and get a perfect toke without worrying about open fire, hot glassware, burning spice (and therefore exact dosage) then I'd think it's a fine solution - although cost is factor (there are ways of cutting this quite a bit though). But again, I'll see if it's worth it.

I think it is an interesting option and would like to hear your experiences.

Please excuse my naivete, but what would be the potential advantages/disadvantages of plugging 5-meo-dmt? I have not seen it mentioned yet. Usually the ROA discussed tends to be insufflation, oral, or vaporization/smoking.

Is there any particular reason why rectal is inadvisable? I've found great results with many tryptamines with this method.

It should be a salt form not freebase, since freebase would not dissolve properly and just sit there burning like mexican food. Also pre-dissolving it in luke-warm water is smart for similar reasons. Other than that I don't see why not plugging it.

Oral hardly works for 5-MeO-DMT and snorting burns - it's harder to pre-dissolve in water with snorting as it would all drip down your throat again, a nasal spray could technically be a possibility. Vaporizing / smoking is more effective than snorting I believe (only snorted and IMed it myself) and packs quite a punch but I do not prefer vaping things like that as I dislike inhaling DMT. Even if you vape right, it's hot and harsh, hits *too* fast and the intensity of the trip makes it messed up for me: I can start to feel like inhaling is exhaling and vice versa or forget how to breathe normally. Not a nice combo for me to vaporize.

I personally liked snorting it with K which numbs the burning and combo's well at moderate doses of both, but it's still not good for your nose. Especially if you can't be arsed to salt your freebase, like me at the time.

I got this batch of 5-MeO-DMT once, it looked dirty as fuck, like reddish-brown and goopy, on account of being hygroscopic, what was and what wasn't water weight would be a science experiment to determine so we just did smallish hits, but the hits were remarkably easy to take in general from a standard issue MA bulb; and this stuff wasn't so highly regarded to the point that it was being sold at an off-price, although to me it was perfect, as it was an easier medium to smoke and the smoke less harsh; what this means for future generations I have no idea, as one wouldn't really want to deliberately befoul their drugs with excess hydration, but whatever happy medium that was, and I'm pretty sure quite a number of Bluelighters of my vintage or older have tried it, it was a good thing wrapped in a package of ugly.

EtOH is a simpler but sometimes more elegant chemical.

I was gifted some of this,not yet tried it but will report here. Told its as potent as white freebase dispite the color.

I got this batch of 5-MeO-DMT once, it looked dirty as fuck, like reddish-brown and goopy, on account of being hygroscopic, what was and what wasn't water weight would be a science experiment to determine so we just did smallish hits, but the hits were remarkably easy to take in general from a standard issue MA bulb; and this stuff wasn't so highly regarded to the point that it was being sold at an off-price, although to me it was perfect, as it was an easier medium to smoke and the smoke less harsh; what this means for future generations I have no idea, as one wouldn't really want to deliberately befoul their drugs with excess hydration, but whatever happy medium that was, and I'm pretty sure quite a number of Bluelighters of my vintage or older have tried it, it was a good thing wrapped in a package of ugly.

I've had a paste-like 5-meo-dmt.I found it impossible to weigh so I gave up weighing it. Quality was terrifying, so great :)

Word 'round the campfire is that someone in the mid-00's kept a few kilos of the pure freebase stuff in less-than satisfactory conditions with regards to ambient dampness, thus the prevalence of the apparently still-circulating-after-all-these-years aforementioned product :)

So maybe, someone with pure freebase could do a little science experiment ... what is not that great looking to the eye of the usual RC kid used to white powders and crystals and stuff might actually be a more user-friendly product

The stuff is still very potent and easier to smoke.

This is probably not the case if it's coming from RC suppliers, but when 5-meo is extracted from plants it can look like an amber resin or gold oil. Stuff I had looked kind of like frozen coke - a sweaty brown crystalline mess. Vaped nicely though.

Hello everyone!! I have a quite specific question. I am on Zoloft / 100mg daily, feeling really good, all anxiety is gone. I was researching a lot about the interaction of SSRI and Psychedelics. It looks like there is no physical danger in the combination of LSD/shrooms and NN Dmt. In fact i have tried DMT on Zoloft, and it did diminuish the effects a bit, but i could still feel it. Now coming to 5-meo, which is quite a bit stronger than normal dmt and also working a lot stronger on the body, i can find almost nothing on the interaction with SSRI. It seems like there are not many who have tried it on SSRI. 5-MEO is in fact chemically very close to NN Dmt, but still a very different drug. I have big respect for it, so I really need some help on this topic... best would be someone who has experience or is really into the topic... so to all you out there, please help me solve this.

Deaths from 5-MeO-DMT are rare but, as a powerful monoamine reuptake inhibitor (MRI), injury can occur when excessive doses are taken or when taken with drugs such as MAOIs, RIMAs, stimulants and any substance which act as a releasing agent or reuptake inhibitor of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine. This has resulted in well documented deaths[9][10] that are easily avoidable and could have been otherwise prevented.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/5-MeO-DMT#Interactions

It's hard to say how risky it is, but yes 5-MeO-DMT is different from DMT in that it has relatively high 5HT1A affinity and acts on monoamines quite a bit more as mentioned which seems to be what make 5-MeO tryptamines quite stimulating and potentially less safe than other tryptamines.

More generally, SSRI's with more regular psychedelics are not physically unsafe it seems, but that does not necessarily include 5-MeO trypts. Generally it is unpredictable though, the interactions vary as to whether they potentiate or diminish effects or change them a lot. More often than not there seems to be some limited diminution in psychedelia.
That 5-MeO-DMT is normally taken parenterally and kind of 'overwhelms' your system also does not bode all that well for dangerous interactions. Fast kinetics.

I'm not saying there is a definite threat to your health, for sure, but there might be some risk.

Thank you so much for this really good and clear answer!!

Now here comes a second question that is not so clear: How long can I store 5-meo-dmt Freebase, lets say vakuum, dry and dark in a freezer? How stable is it? Any experience on that? Any good advises? I heard it is more stable than nn Dmt Freebase?

Thank you so much for your advise.