• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

I don't know that answer to your question re: stability, but I think you're right that it's more stable than n,n-DMT. If you're keeping it in a 100% dry, dark and vacuum, it should last a very long time.

I'm writing though just to caution you to proceed carefully with 5-MeO-DMT. It sounds like you're accepting some risk and going ahead with it. Make sure you are carefully measuring your doses, start with very low doses and work your way up slowly over a series, only gradually increasing dose.

Thank you so much for your concerns. I decided to wait with 5-meo until i am out of medication. I had a conversation with my doctor today and we will reduce it to 50 mg the next 4 weeks, and if I am still feeling so good like at the moment, we will continue to run down the medication over the summer, so I have nothing to hurry at the moment since there are great news like this. I will instead try some acid and nn Dmt since I already have some experiences on it last year and it was running really good. I am so fascinated by 5-meo for a longer time, and I have been reading so much about it (toad and the jaguar) or seen all podcasts from Martin Ball, read his books, also read "DMT Spirit Molecule" which was really nice but it was on NN Dmt, than all the Dr. Octavia Videos online. So I will defenetly go on this experience since I am ready. But I am almost sure that it shouln´t be on a medication with this 5-meo. It´s too powerful, it´s the last experience you can have, if you can really say that "you" have this experience because it´s the you that dissolves if you breakthrough. So its really hard to imagine what´s there after this happens.

still would be very nice to know how long i can store 5meo in the freezer, is it months or maybe 2-3 years? any experiences or knowledge about this?

I've stored 5-MeO-DMT in a dark and dry place for years, both at room temperature and in the fridge. It's still white light material, potent as ever :)

I have to ask: is 5-MeO-DMT usually more stable because half the time or more it may be a salt rather than freebase? I think they both at least N-oxidize but not sure how the other degradations work... yes maybe the 5-MeO is a bit better to protect the phenyl / indole, but I couldn't say what it really prevents.

If you can, put in some oxygen scavengers (similar to desiccant pack but contains iron filings) with the freebase... other than that I think if you protect it in solid form, it should last quite a while. Lasted a while in solution it seems, but both DMT and 5-MeO-DMT in salted form in water discolored after a similar period. I think in solution it is much less stable, so as the solid you should be okay for a quite longer time.

17 years and counting...5meodmt freebase loses no potency, no color change, etc. Rarely in a freezer, usually sealed in glass vials in a dark, dry cave somewhere. Fuck i am feeling old now. ?

Thank you so much for this really good and clear answer!!

Now here comes a second question that is not so clear: How long can I store 5-meo-dmt Freebase, lets say vakuum, dry and dark in a freezer? How stable is it? Any experience on that? Any good advises? I heard it is more stable than nn Dmt Freebase?

Thank you so much for your advise.

Wow it's almost old enough to order it's own scotch (well where I live anyway) :D You cave-dwelling geezer xD damn yes I also have ancient caches of psychedelics all over back from when I hamstered the fuck out of them.. :p Getting older really sucks, having to watch your health and energy etc.. but anyway at least I am getting shit done that gets realer and realer. And much less scurrying about trying to figure who i am and what the hell is going on. :)

Hey guys. SWIMS new to this. and DMT haha, i've been researching all morning but cant find the strainght answer to if you can just drink DMT acetate while its still in the water/vinegar solution but after its been heated for a bit and had over 40mins to sit. smoking it is a bit tough right now cuz SWIMS not supposed to be seeing Mary but SWIM tried twice now anyways and witnessed what he thinks is threshold? but SWIM would prefer to stay away from weed atm. Alas, all fluorescent light bulbs as well.. Sad SWIM. if anyone could help SWIM out it would be much appreciated. relaxation needed, bought a gram of the sand and just got off my 12 hour shift, so please home remedy's. This why SWIM tried the acetate.

What I said in the social thread... we don't SWIM here. But welcome again. :) I'm sure someone will answer your question. Also I do realize that some forums require SWIM, just letting you know that here it's the opposite. For readability purposes. I can barely stand reading certain forums where everyone talks about themselves as SWIM or their pet rat or whatever.

Hey guys. SWIMS new to this. and DMT haha, i've been researching all morning but cant find the strainght answer to if you can just drink DMT acetate while its still in the water/vinegar solution but after its been heated for a bit and had over 40mins to sit. smoking it is a bit tough right now cuz SWIMS not supposed to be seeing Mary but SWIM tried twice now anyways and witnessed what he thinks is threshold? but SWIM would prefer to stay away from weed atm. Alas, all fluorescent light bulbs as well.. Sad SWIM. if anyone could help SWIM out it would be much appreciated. relaxation needed, bought a gram of the sand and just got off my 12 hour shift, so please home remedy's. This why SWIM tried the acetate.

Wrong thread, this is 5-MeO-DMT :)

I had 5mg HCL insufflated for the first time. I was quite apprehensive about a bad experience so I started low.
At this level was a quite calm experience with marginal bodyload. I could see it causing trouble in that department on upper levels. Had read of the incomodity of sub-breakthrough experiences but was not the case for me at that dosage. It was easy, and most of my irrational fears are gone. Guessing the danger area might be to get yourself just under breakthrough level. Had my only DPT experience in what I believe was that level and not much fun.

Insufflation was not hard on the nose but the drip was not nice when it got to the throat ala DPT but better. Fortunately provide the small dosage it was not much of a deal. I believe you have to sniff it really softly trying not to get it down your throat. I used child pose to avoid that until it hit.
When I get to high dosages I am gonna look into plugging as might be the best method for a non connoisseur of needles and an instant onsets avoider. Not much information about it. I gathered is similar to insufflation maybe needing a bit more quantity.

No introspection at that dosage and nothing remarkable. Quite recreative, pleasant and promising.
Next stop 10mg...

You're doing it right Hypnotist, one step at a time. I think these smaller doses are good practices to get the technique down, acquaint with the territory and starting to navigate into the headspace.

You do have to sniff really softly. I found a tip on here that was really useful: after you sniff it, lie on your back and tilt your head back slightly by raising slightly underneath your neck/upper back with the support of pillows/blankets. These seems to position your sinuses in such a way that they don't just drain the 5-MeO out the back and down your throat.

I remember at 5mg thinking, how will I get up to 20mg insulf with this? But it turned out to not be too bad. The pain/discomfort doesn't really scale up as rapidly as the effects do.

So is it 20mg breakthrough territory? I was guessing somewhere between 15-20 for the level of intensity I felt with 5mg. Even if I would describe it as mild, in a way it was a strong mild effect. It hit me in waves ala MDMA but really different, if that makes any sense. Really different to anything I have tried until now. Kind of a body high with not much headspace. I really appreciated the slow onset. I would never repeat that dosage and as you said it was just a preparation for higher ones.

Your position sounds interesting too. Might be better as you are already lying down. The drip was alright for me. My friend sniffed it more strongly and complained more. It was his first line of anything so you cannot blame him. I have never met somebody before who took 5-meo-dmt for his first line :) As a note for apprensive people note that my friend is really unexperienced with all kind of drugs and didn't have any difficulty with 5mg.

Yeah 20mg was a breakthrough for me. Oddly, I also had a mini-breakthough at 8mg (I think it was), but then nothing at 12mg, so I think like any psychedelic, this one can be variable as well. Actually on the 12mg trial I had had a cup of wine earlier in the evening, so I that could have dampened things.

I also feel like it will be possible to have a stronger breakthrough with a stronger dose, I might try 24mg at some point, once I work my way back up again after having taking a bit of a break now. I'll probably do 16mg next time to get my feet wet again first.

I went for 10mg insufflated as planned. Much stronger than 5mg as expected, still ok. Drip got a bit uncomfortable for a while. Nothing too bad but I think I am going to switch to plugging, I just don't want to worry about the drip as I am out there. At the peak, I suffered certain dissociation. Makes me think that stronger doses might get quite dreamy. I still don't understand what this compound is about. Very different for the moment to other psychedelics. I feel like my set is less important than normally.

Bodyload was very little noticeable. This time no stomach problems at all. Just a bit of increased salivation on the onset but not followed by nausea. But I suffered from certain chest pains which is the normal manifestation of anxiety in me, nothing serious, I can get similar ones when using stimulants. I thought about preloading with pregabalin to keep that under control without interfering with the psychedelic effects. Has anyone tried that?

Took 15mg plugged on the tail of a low dose 2C-E trip. Didn't get much of and effect but it was really smooth. Strangely enough eventualy it just put me to sleep. Now I don't know if 5-MeO-DMT is not very active plugged or it might have had some cross tolerance with 2C-E, or something else. Wish there was a cross tolerance issue, because to get rid of the drip was nice.