• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

There's definitely cross tolerance between all psychedelics. I'd be curious how plugging compares to nasal, you should try 10mg again rectally with no tolerance and let us know how it compares to 10mg nasal.

That was my understanding until short ago but apparently that's not clear, supposedly some psychedelics like DMT or 5-MeO-DMT don't have cross tolerance with other psychedelics, at least according to Psychonautwiki and some reports. Not have personal experience mixing those with other psychedelics, just this last time. So I don't know what to think. As well, I just kind of fell asleep during what I considered underwhelming effect, but maybe I blackout and I don't remember...probably not, still...

I don't think I would replicate any other experiment either nasally or plugged at 10mg. But maybe I have the chance to compare higher dosages. But if plugging works well, I might never look behind.
In fact I was inclined to try 20mg plugged with no other psychedelic involved, probably the worst it can happen is a breakthrough, considering that ROA was similar to insuffated. But now you are making me doubt...anxiety can probably be an issue with this one.
On the other hand I don't have plenty of it, and I would like to get a deep understanding of the compound to at least know if I want to purchase more.

It is kind of weird nobody can give us clear info about dosages of plugged 5-MeO-DMT, considering you can avoid the drip...

My impression is that 5-MeO-DMT is slightly less potent when plugged vs. insufflated, from what I've gathered reading reports and stuff. I haven't tried plugging it, still kinda weirds me out.

Unclear dosage in regards to plugging seems to be the same for DPT as well as this. If analogical reasoning applies here in any way, this one should be less potent plugged vs insufflated even if the literature suggests they should be similar. I read everything I could find online about plugging DPT, the conclusion being it's just as effective as insufflation (a few reports suggesting otherwise), and yet I found it to be not near as effective. In fact maybe even 50% less effective.

Maybe it's the same thing here.

I'm sorry but I always though 5 Meo dmt was best when smoked??? or at least it's stonger than oral, unless combined with maoi's.
Am I wrong in thinking that? because if I ever were to try 5 meo dmt I would try to vaporize it or smoke it.....

Best is all relative right? Vaped is much more intense than sniffed (oral is pretty poorly active, so I won't bother with trying oral), but it's also shorter lasting. Personally, I like insufflation mainly because I don't like how the vapour feels in my lungs. But I also appreciate the slower onset and longer period of time at altitude when you insufflate it. I think it gives more opportunity to take in the experience.

It's definitely most intense smoked, just like how DMT is. But sometimes less intense, slower, longer-acting routes are desired.

IIRC my 5-MeO-DMT is some kind of gloop. I'm unsure exactly because it's in an airtight bag and it was given as a gift.

Can anybody give me any information on what exactly causes it to be in this form; some kind of plant extract or something?

Edit: and how does that change dosing? Would I just have to titrate?

Last edited:
Anyone had experience with GHB + 5meo? (I'm thinking of moderate to low dose of GHB).

IIRC my 5-MeO-DMT is some kind of gloop. I'm unsure exactly because it's in an airtight bag and it was given as a gift.

Can anybody give me any information on what exactly causes it to be in this form; some kind of plant extract or something?

Edit: and how does that change dosing? Would I just have to titrate?

Can have many causes. Plant extract is very unlikely...(although possible, if the guy you got it from extracts himself)
Maybe it oxidized a bit, maybe it's just impure, ...

Maybe you could ask your source, where it's from. If it is an extract, it could have also other substances in it (e.g. Bufotenine, 5-MeO-NMT, DMT, etc.).

About dosing:
I would just start low and see how active it is. 3mgs vaped should give you already quite a strong impression about the activity without blasting you into infinity.
But if unsure, always do at least some reagents testing.

BTW:
For me personally, the best way of vaping is with a cup atomizer. I have a Mr Bold T and it works so flawlessly with it. Nothing is wasted.

If I'm okay with DMT and have plenty of experience with it, do you think I would be okay to try this? I hear it's very stimulating, and DMT is sedating to me. DMT has a wonderful body high for me, and I already have 5-meo-dmt. I've had it for years and I'm waiting for the right time. I read a book about 5-meo-dmt called Tryptamine Palace and it peaked my interest of this drug. I have the hcl but I'm sure I could low temp dab it.

@ShroomySatori:
DMT and body high???
To me DMT disconnects me from my body pretty quickly even in low dose???
The biggest body high I get surely from DPT. But 5-MeO-DMT also has a marvelous body high in low dose.

5-MeO-DMT stimulating?
In higher doses it disconnects you from everything, in lower it has a tremendous body load that you just wanna lie down flat. Maybe in very low doses???

I would FB your HCl. Although vaping HCl seems to work more or less, you will lose quite some material and some of it will oxidize during the process altering a bit the outcome.
(it seems some hardcore 5-MeO-DMT people therefore use argon when vaping)
The proper temp window is certainly smaller for 5-MeO-DMT than for DMT, as it needs quite some heat for vaping, but still is killed also quickly if too hot.

Yeah, I think I meant how it rushes over my body really quickly, feels kinda electrictric and tingly, I feel the energy and then get immersed in the experience. So if anything that would imply a rush of psychedelia, a fast come up time.

I'm still really interested, I think I'm going to try it sometime. I really want to experience a common 5 milligram dose.

I didn't snort it yet. Never snorted anything.
But just got some HCl, so will try this ROA once.

IMHO: 5mg, if FB, vaped is already quite a steep beginning and already for most, probably in the uncomfortable zone (if you vape it efficiently), meaning the body load will already be quite strong and unpleasant. If it's 5mg HCl then it's OK.

BTW: Yes 1mg +/- can make already quite some difference with this substance...

But you will probably anyways waste some material in the beginning until you find the perfect tek for 5-MeO-DMT for you.

Soon I should be receiving a sample of 5-MeO-DMT HCl. I'd like to try snorting it. Is it best to do it all at once or is there time to redose if you don't take enough initially? I hope to have a break through experience but I'll only have 30mg.

Also I'll be receiving a few other goodies that I intend to try soon. I'll probably try 2C-C first and I might want to take 5-MeO-DMT during the trip. Does that sound like a good idea or is it best do 5-MeO-DMT by itself?

I've never redosed nasally, but vaporized there is an acute tolerance, so I don't really like redosing.

Personally I would try 5-MeO-DMT alone, in my humble opinion it's the arch-psychedelic, so it should not need anything else.

Tried now the nose way with a little amount of substance.
Jeez...that burns...
I don't want to imagine how a proper dose would burn...

Like that definitely not my ROA.
But I read someone had good results with PG and DPT in a nose spray. Maybe I will try the same with 5-MeO-DMT to see if it's better.

Soon I should be receiving a sample of 5-MeO-DMT HCl. I'd like to try snorting it. Is it best to do it all at once or is there time to redose if you don't take enough initially? I hope to have a break through experience but I'll only have 30mg.

Also I'll be receiving a few other goodies that I intend to try soon. I'll probably try 2C-C first and I might want to take 5-MeO-DMT during the trip. Does that sound like a good idea or is it best do 5-MeO-DMT by itself?

I think it's best by itself too. Before I tried it I imagined it would be good to do some 2C-D first as a launch-pad, but after having experimented with it for a while now, I see that would be completely unnecessary and potentially counter-productive.

I don't think redosing it is super effective, but I did read some report recently (maybe in this thread?) of a guy who liked to vape a tiny bit to get feet wet, then dose some intranasally right away if the vibes were right. 30mg is not a lot to play with to get your breakthrough, for me it was 20mg for breakthrough insufflated, but I worked my way up to that over about 4 separate sessions. Can you acquire some more? If no, maybe you should jump in at 18mg or so. I def wouldn't recommend doing all 30mg on your first try, it could be hazardous.

I think the report you're referencing is the one I wrote about DPT.

A few years ago a friend of mine had some 5-MeO-DMT and I tried it a few times. I started with vaporizing 8mg and it didn't do much. I tried again, I think with about 14mg, and felt trippy and got some visual distortion but didn't break through. It seems I'm not as sensitive to it as some people, but it's possible I didn't vaporize it efficiently. I think I'll either jump in at a 20mg nasal dose or vaporize it to make the most of it.

I could get more if I want. My experiences with it before were uncomfortable but I had the opportunity to get a free sample so I decided I should give it another shot. I'm worried I'll have a terrifying experience, but then again I've never had an unpleasant experience breaking through on salvia or DPT.