• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MPT Thread

the talk of vaping sounds awesome, looks like I might be re-trying this compound in the near future.

I dosed 4-HO-MPT for the first time tonight, just 14mg to test the waters after a tiny .5mg allergy test. I definitely feel something, but I have no distinct visuals closed or open eye, and not much of a body high. My thinking has been very associative though.

Vaped/Smoked 1-3 mg on some weed earlier...

Colours were affected, body buzz...thats about it at that level....Something was definitely 'up' though...it was an interesting hour or so....

Was a nice precursor to tonight's methoxetamine to say the least

I dosed 4-HO-MPT for the first time tonight, just 14mg to test the waters after a tiny .5mg allergy test. I definitely feel something, but I have no distinct visuals closed or open eye, and not much of a body high. My thinking has been very associative though.
I needed 17 mg oral to feel it in my body, and then I was still motivated to use 9 mg intramuscularly to get some idea of 4-ho-MPT's character beyond the vague stimulation. Though I experienced open and closed eye visuals, they weren't all that lively. And at that dose it was still underwhelming. I react within the normal dosage range to every other of the dozen or so psychedelics I've tried except 25C-NBOMe (which I need a slightly higher dose than average to fully appreciate), but this one is odd. I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually hear a lot more reports of people who find it weak in the dosage range reported earlier in this thread (10-15 mg).

Thats odd, I would expect 14 mg to be a decently strong dose if 20 mg is "ego shattering"

I should have noted that I have have always been a hard-head when it comes to serotonergic psychedelics, and on top of that I have a bit of an acquired tolerance. A typical dose of, say, 4-aco-dmt for me would be at least 30mg.

Ahh, I see.

Would conversion to a salt be recommended for this compound (which I believe is the freebase), it it is going to be stored for a period of time (about a month).

Oh, and just to put in my $0.02 about the vendor, I have always found him very professional in every aspect of the transactions I have had with him, and I wouldn't believe for a second that he would intentionally deliver a bunk product or a product other than what is ordered.

no fucking way. seriously? Nooooooooooooo i wanna make one last order! noooo

EDIT: If this is indeed for good; Then there will be the select few (all of us in this thread) That will be the only people in the world to actually try
4-ho-MPT. We're a rare breed

Last edited:
^There's been enough good buzz about it for stocking by some other vendor(s) in the future to be profitable. There's probably negotiations for its synthesis happening right now. Hell, said vendor might have already sold off the rest of their stock to another vendor to recoup losses and it could show up again in a week somewhere else. They probably just can't afford the commitment of running a business like that any more, (maybe they got someone pregnant, maybe they have to take care of a move-in parent, who knows?) so they're bailing. It'll be awhile, but 4-ho-MPT will most likely show up again.

^ Is it pure speculation(very plausible indeed) or maybe you have some data to make such conclusions?

Pure speculation, unfortunately. But there's always a rush to get the thing nobody else has as soon as it's possible to get it made, in some cases even before activity is known or qualitative effects have been reported. Now testimonials exist, there's been sudden availability vacuum, and the first vendor to get a legally quite safe (comparatively) product again is guaranteed to sell a lot of it to people wanting more who find themselves suddenly short their source and to others who were going to try but didn't act fast enough.

The question still remains, should I convert this into a salt? (specifically HCl, by mixing it stoichiometricaly with mildly acidic, say ph 3, water).

EDIT: Or would it degrade immediately when put in solution?

Last edited:
You know the answer, if you wanna store any tryptamine, (no matter how atmospherically stable they claim it is) you should have it in salt form versus freebase.

Sucks that he's gone, glad I got a fucking sample, such a rare chemical.

Do you think that 4-ho-dpt.hcl would crystallize if the water solution it was in evaporated?

If I have to leave it in solution, that really isn't an option for me and I would instead just stick the freebase in a sealed container in the freezer.

Is it possible that law enforcement or the DEA was closing in on the vendor? Someone I know received an order from him with a big question mark drawn on the envelope, and my last order I didn't receive at all (probably just got lost in the mail, but now I have to be paranoid).

Perhaps, he hadn't been around for long though so I would be kind of surprised if they closed in on him that fast, considering their are other vendors that have been around for years.

Did the '?' order have what was purchased?

Perhaps, he hadn't been around for long though so I would be kind of surprised if they closed in on him that fast, considering their are other vendors that have been around for years.

Did the '?' order have what was purchased?

Yeah it did. He said he sent a reshipment for my order, so I guess it would be strange if he did that when he thought he was about to be caught.