• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MPT Thread

Ok guys so being that this is a freebase does that mean anything as far as how one can consume it?

Wow. Best. Tryptamine. Thread. Ever!

So much fun, so much controversy... It's almost like sitting in Shulgin's garage trying to curate a set of Qualitative Comments for TiHKAL.

I read the whole thread and have a few thoughts. FIrst off, I haven't been here for awhile, and had no idea the controversy was swirling about until someone told me I shouldn't have had a trip off my sample.

So, yeah, I got in early enough to get a 50 mg sample. Received it withn a couple of days and tried vaping ~4-5 mg from a glass pipe. The effect was rapid and strong (++/+++), but the magnitude of effect was most likely influenced by the rapid come-up.

There was a full, vibrating tryptamine body buzz, the racing mental confusion that results from a too-fast come-up, and heightened colors with objects fuzzing around the edges. The OEV were mild to nonexistant, except some slight squirming and squiggling of faces. The CEV were mild, but evident. The color scheme seemed to be ochres and golden hues, whereas I catch neon blues and pinks from (for example) 25C-NBOMe. The CEV were well defined, with towering, arabic spires, and edges in stark relief. Music was great, but at this dose didn't provide the stimuli that it did with 4-AcODMT or 4-HO-MiPT. A continual body energy kept movement constant, so that fidgeting and dancing in place was happening in time to the music.

We have a friend near us at Uni, who has access to a LC-MS. The sample we received was ~98-99% pure and exhibited a primary ion in positive mode of 233 m/z, which is the correct mass for 4-HO-MPT. The primary impurity appeared to be a tryptamine dimer with twice the mass. Note the following CAVEAT: MS analysis can NOT tell the difference between 4HO-MPT and 4-HOMiPT. So, it's either 4HO-MPT or 4-HO-MiPT, given this Vendor's track record I bet it really is 4HO-MPT, but only 1HNMR analysis will tell for sure. This next piece of info doesn't tell us much,. but I put it here for completeness sake: The primary fragment ions in MS2 for the sample of 4-HO-MPT in positive mode was m/z 160. The same exact fragment mass was observed when the analyst ran a separate sample of 4-HO-MiPT that had been aquired from a completely separate vendor. This is to be expected, as the fragmentation of both species is expected to follow the same decomposition path.

Quick Question for Someone???

There has been talk of the instability of 4-HO-Tryptamine freebases, and allusions to proper storage conditions. Can someone Please link me to a thread that details how to store 4-HO-Tryptamine bases for long-term (year)?? I have some of this and am now so worried that it will decompose, leaving us with nothing! Thanks for any info.

^This is mostly Jwh's but i did see some notes on storage for 4-ho-DET and the like....

Would 4-Ho-MPT freebase really degrade noticeably in a plastic bag rolled up inside an airtight dark container? (not frozen)

I Don't wanna delve on into it for at least a couple months. (until there are more experience reports...)

^This is mostly Jwh's but i did see some notes on storage for 4-ho-DET and the like....

Would 4-Ho-MPT freebase really degrade noticeably in a plastic bag rolled up inside an airtight dark container? (not frozen)

I Don't wanna delve on into it for at least a couple months. (until there are more experience reports...)

I may not be 100 percent correct on this, but wasn't the concern with the 4-ho and 4-aco freebases that it would "degrade" into psilocin? Wasn't that the issue? I'll be posting my in depth report once I finish writing it, as I completely lost track of everything after about 40 minutes after dosing. It was an amazing experience though, and 20mg absolutely blew my mind. I studied 4 mg of 4-aco dmt 2 weeks prior, and last tryptamine study was well over a year ago, so the results may vary, but it was very powerful and relatively short lived compared to other tryptamines, as I initiated at 2:15 and was pretty much back to baseline at 6, but it was mind blowing.

I wish people would make a habit of including ROI everytime they report a dose, it gets very confusing and a little aggravating to have to ask every time. Note that with this chem in this thread we have EVERY roi mentioned multiple times.

So BGreenGC: oral, snorted, sublingual???

Sorry guy, I only go the oral route with tryptamines. And i don't put drugs in my ass or bang with needles. 8)

A couple of months will probably be okay. But I believe that after one year it will definitely have lost potency.

You have to store it in a completely airtight container, in the Refrigerator or freezer. Be sure no moistness can get inside, or form inside your container. it need to be completely dry.

I may not be 100 percent correct on this, but wasn't the concern with the 4-ho and 4-aco freebases that it would "degrade" into psilocin?
No, sorry. You are thinking of 4-Aco-DMT.
Some people are thinking that some of it will degrade to 4-Ho-DMT.
4-Ho-MPT will most likely just degrade into something inactive.

I love this vendor=D

Ill be getting a free sample of the 4-ho-mpt with my upcoming order, should be here by this coming thursday...

I plan on trying out 16-18 mg, as the reports of 20mg seem to be intense and ego-shattering...and im looking for a bit less

Im shooting for a +++/++++...right on the border haha

Ill make sure to type out a trip report once research is done...

I love this vendor=D

Ill be getting a free sample of the 4-ho-mpt with my upcoming order, should be here by this coming thursday...

I plan on trying out 16-18 mg, as the reports of 20mg seem to be intense and ego-shattering...and im looking for a bit less

Im shooting for a +++/++++...right on the border haha

Ill make sure to type out a trip report once research is done...

Same here! Need to place another order. This one looks pretty cool.

I took 17 mg of my “replacement sample” orally and within a half an hour was experiencing, shaky hands, increased mucus production in my lungs, reduced typing speed, delay in forming grammatical sentences, body shudders during onset. And of course OEVs (though mild) by 1 hour. In short, all the normal signs for me that weren’t there the last time around. I certainly wouldn’t expect to get full effects at 10 mg oral, maybe more like 30mg, but take your time. About 20 minutes ago I IMd 9mg (freebase dissolved in 5 percent acetic acid). There’s a definite “uptick” in effects (that is, no substantial tolerance development at 1hr past first dosing, as was proposed earlier.) I’ve taken my shirt off because the onset is getting a bit more intense. OVEs are still not dramatic but are undeniable. It boggles the mind to think I could’ve done 30 mg IM and felt nothing at a similar point last week, let alone polished off 100 mg while doing stats homework and falling asleep without issue with the same material. But whatever, it undeniably works for me with this batch, whatever the explanation, and at less than 1/3 of last weeks total dose). Yeah, this travesty of language took me twenty minutes to write… I don’t think I’ll report on any more qualitative effects at this point. I’ll save it for a “clean” trial at some point in the future.

Yeah, same really little white baggie. Dissolved in vinegar like last time, but of course what tryptamine wouldn't? Looks aren't much to go on when they all look the same.

I'm getting some "feathered serpent" knot-work as part of the CEVs. Of the other 4-subs I've tried -- dmt, mipt, and dpt -- it reminds me most of 4-ho-DPT in its aesthetic and feel. I'm sporting a permagrin, though not one as intense as that of its brethren (granted, this isn't a fair trial given the context). I'll probably do 25 mg IM at once next time to feel it bite me good, but not for a few months at least.

Last edited:
Well its good to hear the noted action. Sounds like you got the same stuff too (which doesn't help the confusion). I just got some of their dpt, and it is tanner/off-white in color and is very fluffy & powdery in comparison.

Yes, I also got some of their DPT (given to me to compare). It has a slightly pinkish/tan hue in direct comparison to the whiter 4-ho-MPT. I don't trust my memory to judge whether last week's solitary baggie had a slight hue or not reliably. Looking over the doses mentioned by others since last week, with some experiencing "ego-shattering" effects at 20 mg, I have to say I certainly do not find it overwhelming even at 17 mg oral and 9 mg IM an hour later. I was maybe at a high plus two at the height of it (I could be in public and have generic conversation without arousing suspicions if I had to). The effects are undeniable, but I do seem to have some innate tolerance to it over others (odd, as my reactions to other 4-subs are normal). Not enough, mind you, that I could do second-level stats homework and type incredulous posts on 100 mg though various ROAs over 3 hours or so and then go to bed an hour after the last dose of it as I did last week if indeed I had the equivalent material. I'd love to believe I could suppress such a thing so nonchalantly, as it would've gotten me out of many psychedelic binds in the past, and undoubtedly many more to come!

psood0nym. I am sure you are a much more experienced "hard core" tripper than anyone else in this thread.
I have read some of your trip reports (IM ketamine+4-ho-dmt was a really nice one :)) The more strong trips you take, the more jaded you become. And also the more you expect from a compound.

The effects of drugs are very subjective, and we have only words to express to others how they feel to us. And words are really a poor medium.

What does "ego-shattering" mean? Being a little out of it? unable to communicate with your surrounding? or lost in a dreamy state of well being? Or does it mean to no longer exist at all? to then be reborn.

People put different meanings unto words.

There´s been remarkably few comparisons of 4-ho-mpt to other tryptamines in this thread. I am still not sure if I want to fork out $ for this.
What does it have to offer that other tryptamines don´t have? what´s unique about it?
I´ll not be getting something just because it´s a rare novelty. I am over that stage.

^I guess I just mean I tend to get all the overt signs of tripping at normal dosages and don't have physical tolerance. But I see what you're saying from a psychological perspective. After so much tearing down and rebuilding over the years I suppose the souls of a lot of us older folk are sitting pretty in big brick shit houses of egos.

Again, last night's experienced was tainted, so take this with a sack of salt, but there did seem to be some experiential novelty to it. I don't think it a mere collector's fetish item. 4-ho-DPT is, like DPT, pretty unique, and it seemed closest to that, but with a sharper, more metallic, and grating edge to the stimulation (cannabis dulled it a bit, though, thankfully). However, at first glance it doesn't appear to have half the verve of either of those compounds.

I kept seeing serpents with the heads of eagles tangling themselves around involuted organic armors and finely crested shields. Though beautiful, the scenes were dim and devoid of the synesthetic air of sensuality that creatures like these usually inspire. On further reflection, though, such images may have been subconsciously projected metaphors for resistance to the trip; I mostly just took the drug to help satisfy the contentions of this thread rather than because I felt called to its experience, as is my standard motivation.