• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Rebirth (Archived 3-19-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
peak 5-10 min whole experience maybe 20-30

you can expect a psychedelic rush, intensity depending on dosage. it's hard to smoke because it tastes so bad and you gotta hold it in and take a few big hits in a row. have some mouth wash or something on hand just in case you can't stand it.

I LOVE DMT

right then mate

I'll be sure to let all of you know how it goes, seems like it would be interesting.

hopefully it'll bring out something meaninful in life :) heh doubtful though

Arzi, lucky you. I've tried 5-meo-dmt and oral dmt via mimosa hostilis root bark in combination with p. harmala seeds, but never had a chance to smoke it. It's at the top of my drug to do list. Enjoy.

dunno guys, I'm a little apprehensive to be quite honest really

I'll definitely try to enjoy, there certainly couldn't be a better context to do it in, two good friends, near complete opposites, him being the PLUR psychonaut type and me being the enjoy my fucking life at all costs selfish type, heh :)

Arzi said:
A guy I haven't heard from in almost a year just called me and said he has some DMT, I'm going over there tonight to give it a try.

I'm apprehensive and I'm almost certain I'm going to hate the experience but I will give it a shot, even if just to see the old chap as I've missed him. :)

Does anyone have any advice? For some background info I loath the salvia experience and honestly I don't believe in anything supernatural

DMT is nothing like salvia except in the way it creates full-blown immersive hallucinations. Whats good, is that accompanying the ego-diminshing or depersonalising effects (I always refer to myself as "it" or "him" during the flash) is the ability to observe and remember that you've done a drug called 'DMT'. Belief in the supernaturl; well, that may or may not change; If you breakthough completely i DO THINK that you will have a distinctly changed impression of reality.

There is NOTHING to be frightened of with DMT- it is safe, barely toxic and not at all in the amounts we smoke it in. I am an extremely anxiety-prone person- this relieves my anxiety greatly. The effects will come on in 30 seconds or so, depending how fast you smoke it (as fast as you can)- a rapid, tingling sensation, kind of like salvia, but nicer- deep heavyness of the limbs may ensue, I usually get nystagmus at this stage. The visual effects start as a grainyness that extends into a much deeper cystalline structure- and then the shit goes nuts. Fractal patterns, dreams of different lives, encounters with aliens/elves/animals, complete eradication of the normal environment (perhaps in a spaceship or as I've often find in a cave or in a large womb). The peak lasts for xxx10-20mins I think, and wear off completely by an hour>

DMT is a blessing from an alien god.

right I'm off now to do it

I'll let you all know how it goes when I return

I truly hope i find something meaninful for once :)

Really, that was quick. Could you please elaborate a bit? What was your experience like?

it seems like a long time ago

i just got in a few minutes ago and wanted to fill you all in

I didn't trip as you would call it but I took one huge pull, it tasted so nasty I coughed it all out, then quickly take another hit......i am told to hold it in, i hold and hold for idk how long and like almost immediately my whole body goes FUCKING NUMB......i looked into the room and things start looking like, the best way to describe is like an old projector, black & white and grainy looking, shuddering a bit.....i get extremely nauseous, sit down, I feel like something touches a finger to the middle of my forehead, something powerful and I feel like everything in my entire world, body, everything just shakes, earth shattering, I get the notion that everything is false, and that everyone is hiding within themselves......and these weird thoughts continue for about 30-40 minutes

the experience was not pleasurable at all, in fact I didnt even want to sit around and chill with my friend so i came home and her i am

I felt like something touched a finger to my head and everything was just like BAM 100,00 volts of electricity shattering everything familiar

yeah you'll have that. try smaller doses and work your way up. the first time can always be a bit overwhelming. i remember my first breakthrough i saw my vision and my world start ripping away as if it were holding onto something in a tornado. it stopped after a second and returned. since then i've done 150 mgs and almost shit myself. way too intense. i've had one really awesome breakthrough in which i wasn't conscious of my surroundings that was incredible. i've had several weird ass trips. to be honest i like the threshold\near breakthrough experiences better.

^^Arzi, that was your 3rd eye, or the sixth chakra being stimulated. The quaking electrical feeling seems to be pretty common for dmt and 5-meo-dmt experiences. I had similar sensations while smoking 5-meo, and I'll admit that while it wasn't unpleasant it certainly wasn't pleasant either. It was more like it was intensity itself- or that's the overall concept I would use to describe the whole experience. It definately was interesting but there was no insight or euphoria as some people have described.

Third yee, sixth chakra ? :)

I don't believe in all that man, if you can tell me a little about it then maybe I can draw some insight......what is a third eye and why would someone need one? is there any validity to show that it could even exist?

the only insight I really gathered was that I felt like something big happened, and I felt this horrible sense that everything in this world is false.

this is really odd for me though

^Nastily extracted DMT can make people cough- do you normally smoke anything? I'm really sorry you hated it Azri, thats no good :(. The electricity feeling seems to occurr in the centre of the brain (I hate to speculate that it has something to do with pineal) but in mythology's that is the third eye, opening. The thoughts you were having, about everything being false; that can be either a frightening idea, or perfectly reasurring. However, you didn't smoke it correctly tbh. You should already have been sitting or lying down; nausea or motion-sickness is pretty common with DMT....also having eyes open can be slightly disconcerting if you didn't fully break through; the world appears slightly sickening and foreign. I would say you'd have to try it again before making any decision on it. I've never really heard anyone say they hated DMT before...I'll consult the elves for you ;)

Anyway, as long as it wasn't too negative. I guess this is a warning to us all; DMT can be extremely menacing, something I have forgotten or ignored for a while. Take care Azri :)

You should definitely be sitting when you are toking, and then lie back on a couch or bed when the DMT begins to take you. Sorry you didn't have a good experience seems like some people just don't with DMT. Most of my experiences have been fantastic complete with weird aliens, huge fractal insects, and the most beautiful mandalas i've ever seen on any psy. One time I even saw a god that had an elephant head, jeweled eyes, and eight arms like you see in hindu art. Afterwards I feel so warm and euphoric I just want to roll up into a ball and hug myself.:)

Third eye- possibly the pineal gland. It is photosensitive (it is connected to the visual cortex I believe) and in ancient reptiles was indeed open to the suns rays; it generally is thought to be involved in the circadian time-rhtymn (the pineal that is).

patternagainst said:
yeah you'll have that. try smaller doses and work your way up. .

with other drugs he would be right, its not the same for dmt. what i think you got was too small of a dose. ive found that with dmt smaller doses are scarier than larger ones with more negative effects like you described. when your not fully in the experience thats pritty much all that happens. the shaking vibrating completly strange feeling is all you get, that goes away after your 3rd toke and is charictaristic of exactly the way you hit it and everything.

willow11 said:
^Nastily extracted DMT can make people cough- do you normally smoke anything? I'm really sorry you hated it Azri, thats no good :(. The electricity feeling seems to occurr in the centre of the brain (I hate to speculate that it has something to do with pineal) but in mythology's that is the third eye, opening. The thoughts you were having, about everything being false; that can be either a frightening idea, or perfectly reasurring. However, you didn't smoke it correctly tbh. You should already have been sitting or lying down; nausea or motion-sickness is pretty common with DMT....also having eyes open can be slightly disconcerting if you didn't fully break through; the world appears slightly sickening and foreign. I would say you'd have to try it again before making any decision on it. I've never really heard anyone say they hated DMT before...I'll consult the elves for you ;)

Anyway, as long as it wasn't too negative. I guess this is a warning to us all; DMT can be extremely menacing, something I have forgotten or ignored for a while. Take care Azri :)

Nah I usually don't smoke anything, quit smoking cigarettes after 6 years over the summer. :) I'm going to give it another shot tonight and try to follow everyone's advice. This is unfamiliar territory for me, but I'm going to try and do this with an open mind ya know :)

^man, he got a low dose: he coughed his first one up and then got a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.