• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Rebirth (Archived 3-19-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what you should get rid off is your apprehension...you've said in all your posts you didn't think anything good could come out of it. For me that is the main reason you had a bad experience....
I understand you can have apprehension to the experience, I'm always somewhat frightened when I try a new substance, but that should just be enough not to think you're inhuman and nothing can kill/damage you and take a heroic dose.
Try it again with a neutral mind. If nothing good comes out you'll always have the choice not to do it again.

IGNVS said:
with other drugs he would be right, its not the same for dmt. what i think you got was too small of a dose. ive found that with dmt smaller doses are scarier than larger ones with more negative effects like you described. when your not fully in the experience thats pritty much all that happens. the shaking vibrating completly strange feeling is all you get, that goes away after your 3rd toke and is charictaristic of exactly the way you hit it and everything.

I agree 100%. My first time was about 45-50mg of the synthetic DMT and was amazing! I tried 25-30mg next time and it put me off for a couple of months

nofx1422 said:
I agree 100%. My first time was about 45-50mg of the synthetic DMT and was amazing! I tried 25-30mg next time and it put me off for a couple of months

i would typically agree but i've had many good and bad experiences with all kinds of doses, some moderate, some heavy. to me, on the highest dose i've ever taken, it was weird as hell and i felt things coursing through my body. that was 150 mg smoked the right way. some people don't break through all the time, and i'd say i'm one of those people. i've only had a few really good breakthroughs, and they were all on about .5 - .75 mg, if that. it may seem weird, but the best breakthrough i've ever had was on one tenth of mdma and it was the fourth time i'd smoked ~.5mg that night. i would never typically smoke dmt two times in one day, but i was on a mission that night and i definitely completed it.

while it does really take a good immersing dose of dmt to achieve an appreciation and a liking for it, i started with very low doses. i used to just catch the buzz, then i started testing the waters and getting pretty high, and then after a friend of mine broke through that's all we've been doing. i haven't smoked any in a good couple of months due to my last experience. it wasn't bad but i just haven't had the urge to smoke anymore lately. maybe tonight?

patternagainst said:
i've only had a few really good breakthroughs, and they were all on about .5 - .75 mg, if that.

Do you mean 50-75mg? If you really mean less than a milligram, then you're more sensitive to DMT than I can imagine. 8o

^Also, whats a tenth of MDMA? :D

I cannot see how could compare 150 milligrams to les then one-150th of the same drug... Unless you are refferring to doasge tittrated by body size. I think there 0.4 is considered a high IM dose, per human kilogram of weight.

Dont get me wrong, small doses can be good (<10mg), its the in between doses (15-30mg) that Ive found the most uncomfortable. Ive still yet to push it anywhere near 150mg, or even 100mg. The biggest so far was 70 + a little residue in the pipe

willow11 said:
^Also, whats a tenth of MDMA? :D

I cannot see how could compare 150 milligrams to les then one-150th of the same drug... Unless you are refferring to doasge tittrated by body size. I think there 0.4 is considered a high IM dose, per human kilogram of weight.

a tenth of mdma is 100mg.

also i think patternagainst meant 50-75mg as far as dmt dosage.

Yeah I was going to post this morning but couldn't find the thread.

I didn't get a good hit last night and just got that buzzing feeling, but tonight we are going to finish the rest of it off and I will let you guys know. :)

I have been having lots of trouble breaking through with DMT as well. So it seems you're not alone. I haven't gotten there yet although I've been close. I may try again tonight.

the not breathing feeling (time preception inbetween breaths) has been occuring the last few times and keeping me from breaking through. its so annoying especialy when your mind gets fixed on it for so long. then you try to come back to reality to breathe and the whole thing is just a mess. letting go is essencial.

looks like its your lucky post xork lol

what time are you all shootin for, a freind is doing some and i might go for it.

What we could do one night/day is to decide on a time and all visualise a huge translucent blue sphere the size of a football field hovering above the earth and visualise flying up into it. Then hit some dimi keeping that focused and see if we can get some sort of empathogenic connection and maybe even a shared hallucination. It would be cool even if just one of us manages to get into the sphere. :D

dmt3xv4.jpg

anyone seen anything like this, i photoshoped this from a picture i saw that reminded me of a dmt visual i usualy get. this is just about exactly what medium dose looks like to me eyes closed.

Last edited:
That's a pretty tame visual I think- I've seen things way more mindfucking than that. But, when I did the oral dmt thing, the shade of deep earthy green was like that in your picture. The oral dmt mix was the Earthiest feeling psychedelic I've ever done. I was seeing alot of vines, plantlife, animals, things like that- but the whole feeling was so cozy and warm, earthy haha. Oh yeah, there was incredible sense of joy and sense of humor with the visuals. I may repeat it someday.

Hmm, time tonight? I'm not sure. Whenever I'm done doing some stuff and having a semi-lengthly phone conversation.

That would be fantastic to do sometime, time out a DMT session with as many PDers as possible. :)

^Fuck yeah, I'm in, picking up my christmas supply today hopefully.... I have a theory that people who are having trouble breaking through may be more having trouble with the smoking of it- Xorkoth, I know you use pot, but you vape yeah? And Azri mentioned coughing, as well as not being a smoker of anything. I think the reason I have no real trouble breaking through as such, because even though my smoking technique is probably not great, packing enormous bongs (DMT on a carrier plant- can be anything, I will be using loutus because it smokes well) with 100mg+ DMT is reltaively easy for me to smoke because I smoke weed in that way daily, and cigareettes. I'm certainly not saying that one should take up tobacco or weed smoking for DMT, just that I suspect with an increased lund capacity for smoke, as well as whatever occurrs in smokers to increase the 'coughing threshold' is what allows me to smoke huge amounts and always break through when I choose too.

The highest dose I've attemtpted is around 150-200mg, and that I struggled to smoke- I used a bucket bong- but I broke the fuck through thats for sure. Alas, I remember nothing. 100mg smoked wuth a crude tecnhique as mine works everytime.

I've never tried DMT but have long been fascinated with it...
Do you guys think it's something that ideally should be done only when one is experienced with other psychedelics such as LSD and psilocybin? Because I was having a discussion with a psych head a while back and I was convinced it was this way, DMT was the most intense psych and usually you'd build up to it by trying the more common longer-lasting psychs which are generally more manageable. But he was saying that it's the opposite, and I didn't know shit about hallucinogens, which is weird cause I always thought DMT was like the grandfather of psychs and the most intense especially of course when smoked in relatively high doses...

^^ I've yet to breakthrough on DMT, but even my sub-breakthrough doses have been the most intense thing I've ever felt on psychedelics. If it weren't for a lot of experience with LSD, mushrooms, RCs, etc, I'd have absolutely no frame of reference to even define what I was feeling at the time. I wouldn't say previous psychedelic experience is necessary to enjoying DMT, but if you want to have any frame of reference whatsoever to communicate the experience, it helps. Otherwise you can't explain to people just how thoroughly and completely you've been mindfucked. :p

I think DMT is a great introduction to psychs personally. I've had a few friends try it as their first and all of them loved it. It's extrmeley friendly

willow11 said:
^Fuck yeah, I'm in, picking up my christmas supply today hopefully.... I have a theory that people who are having trouble breaking through may be more having trouble with the smoking of it- Xorkoth, I know you use pot, but you vape yeah? And Azri mentioned coughing, as well as not being a smoker of anything. I think the reason I have no real trouble breaking through as such, because even though my smoking technique is probably not great, packing enormous bongs (DMT on a carrier plant- can be anything, I will be using loutus because it smokes well) with 100mg+ DMT is reltaively easy for me to smoke because I smoke weed in that way daily, and cigareettes. I'm certainly not saying that one should take up tobacco or weed smoking for DMT, just that I suspect with an increased lund capacity for smoke, as well as whatever occurrs in smokers to increase the 'coughing threshold' is what allows me to smoke huge amounts and always break through when I choose too.

The highest dose I've attemtpted is around 150-200mg, and that I struggled to smoke- I used a bucket bong- but I broke the fuck through thats for sure. Alas, I remember nothing. 100mg smoked wuth a crude tecnhique as mine works everytime.

QFT!

I don't have a scale...I have used scales at friend's places...but there is a very interesting trend.

One friend doesn't do DMT much, but said his experience was like 'mushrooms.' This person uses a crack pipe to smoke it out of, and always measures his doses...he has never broken through. Another friend had never broken through...using measured dosages, until I just piled some in a bowl and said...'smoke this.'

Myself...I've come to realize I often pack 100+ mgs in a bowl and then end up smoking most of it...but some leaks down below the bowl...some is destroyed by the flame, some may stick to the carrier (pot or parsely) in such a way that I never smoke it...

I guess what I'm saying is...find a bowl...pour a small hill on top of bowl, deep breaths....

oh, and use crystals if you can...powder is usually pretty pure, but is harder to smoke and more likely to flare up than crystals (which are very dense and easy to smoke).

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.