View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT thread - New incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, hypothetically 6 more people are tripping tonight with me. It kind of hypothetically snowballed. I feel responsible for the others having a good time.

You aren't 100% responsible for other people having a good time! I mean, if you are doing the weighing and measuring you are responsible for making sure they aren't dosed with too much; that none of them have any psychological or physical contraindications to a psychedelic experience and that they all know something about what they are getting into. But the rest is up to them, imo.

Perhaps I am not, but the fact that there is very little information on the web means that I have a harder time making sure no one gets too much or ends up in a bad trip, etc.

if I were to give several people a chemical that I would have just received, I'd first make a try at a very lower range to be sure it's ok....

Last night, an opportunity to trip with a delightful person arose and I decided, "screw it, it's a bit soon but I'll give it a higher dose shot." I ended up taking 37-38mg, and my companion (a first time 4-AcO'er, experienced tripper) took 22mg. It is hilarity-inducing material. We were both laughing our asses off and both had a great time. As for the higher dose--I don't know if it's tolerance, having eaten 2 hours before I dropped, or what, but it took about 2 hours to even really begin to come on. I felt it at a half hour, but the peak wasn't until 3ish hours. I found it more easily controllable than my 27mg trip. I certainly tripped longer (at 6 hrs. I was still hallucinating pretty intensely), but I wouldn't describe it as tripping harder. I was quite a bit more discombobulated though at the higher dose. I didn't really didn't get much sleep, but this morning I didn't feel hangoverish at all either. I was certainly aware that I had done something last night, but there wasn't any real body load.

*shrug* I'll explore it again in a fortnight or two, hopefully. =D

It was definitely low on body load. The former posters were right, the come up was very relaxing.

Yesterday, I took 240mg crystal MDMA orally. An hour later, I IV'ed like 10mg of 5-meo-dipt and took a few DMT hits. Then, about 2 hours later, I IV'ed 20mg of 4-ACO-DMT fumarate. It is EXTREMELY DMT-like, the visuals are almost identical when IV'ed. I also did another 20mg a few hours later.

It was soooooo great. Seriously. Oh My God. It was beautiful. It's like smoking 20mg of DMT but it lasts like 5 hours or longer. No body load, no discomfort/side effects, nothing bad at all. Just pure bliss.

psilocybonaut said:
Yesterday, I took 240mg crystal MDMA orally. An hour later, I IV'ed like 10mg of 5-meo-dipt and took a few DMT hits. Then, about 2 hours later, I IV'ed 20mg of 4-ACO-DMT fumarate. It is EXTREMELY DMT-like, the visuals are almost identical when IV'ed. I also did another 20mg a few hours later.

It was soooooo great. Seriously. Oh My God. It was beautiful. It's like smoking 20mg of DMT but it lasts like 5 hours or longer. No body load, no discomfort/side effects, nothing bad at all. Just pure bliss.
Whoa. IV 4-AcO-DMT lasts that long? I was considering it (at about 7mgs to start) but figured I'd be up and down in a little over an hour unless I used an MAOI. I know you did it twice but still. I guess at 20mg a go it might last longer! IM lasts about 3.5 hrs for me, and 13 mgs is enough for a +++. I imagine for me 20mg IM would also be about equivalent in intensity to 20mg of DMT smoked/ 40mg of 4-AcO-DMT oral. But IV would be like 70-80 mgs orally! And you did it twice, on top of other drugs!? Could you walk or see?
[Edit]: Also, could you describe the onset profile? Did you pretty much feel it instantly? Were you at the plateau in under 10 minutes? If the answers to these questions is yes then, barring extremely fast deacetylase activity in the blood, it's another nail in the coffin of the idea of 4-AcO-DMT as a mere prodrug of psilocin.

Last edited:
I like this stuff one of my new favorites so mild on the body and easy to use. Great easy to control tool for self-exploration work.

The other day I got the opportunity to do a n,nDMT breakthrough on 4-aco-dmt again. Wow, such a great comb! I highly recommend it for anyone into breakthrough experiences. It was not the most spiritual experience but a really exhilarating fun one. I have done it twice now and both times very powerful and complete positive, fun exciting and just so easy to control and remember. So much positive energy was going trough my body it made my face hurt because my smile was so big. But if you are into seeing interesting profound places this is one IMO.

I have found that 48 hours after dosing (medium dose, 20mgs), my eyesight is still not fixed, and inert objects have a floaty aura if I concentrate hard on looking at them. I also get spirals when I close my eyes, which are light reminescences of those I get whilst tripping on the stuff.

I have also dreamt of tripping on psychedelics the days following my encounter with this particular drug.

I wonder why it is that some people seem to report that this drug lasts longer and hits slower than mushrooms, while others (like me and E1) report that it hits extremely fast and is over within a couple of hours? That seems odd... I wonder why it is?

Because honestly, I can take this stuff orally and be well on my way up in 15 minutes from swallowing. But there are many reports of people not noticing much for 2 hours.

My trip only lasted 5 hours, one of us had one lasting 3, another 2, and another one 5 as well. All at around 20mg.

The 2 hour person is on SSRIs, so I think that might have something to do with it, but everyone else hasn't tripped in a long time (or ever), so I think perhaps that 4-aco-dmt is very sensitive to personal biochemistry.

A buddy is expecting some 4-ACO-DMT and only has a .01g scale. He plans to measure out 200mg with that scale and mixing it with either 200 or 400ml of Distilled water or vodka. I know his scale isn't as accurate as it really should be with such a chem.

Measured on his scale... Would i be right to assume that since his scale is accurate to .01mg he could be getting anywhere from 190 to 210mg in the measurement? This would give a 20mg oral dose the ability of being 19 to 21mg? or a 10 mg dose being something like 9.5 to 10.5mg?

Thats his plan and im trying to decide if I think thats accurate enough to partake with him. Thinking if I start with a 10mg dose and go from there I should be fine... what ya think?

how long would such a solution last if it was refrigerated?

That is a pretty good method of dosing, considering. Just make sure your buddy weighs the larger amount a number of times and takes and average, as scales can drift sometimes.

Also, I would use a solution of distilled water and alcohol. Everclear works the best. Just make it like 20% alcohol, and dissolve the 4-AcO-DMT into 1mg/mL of solution. The alcohol will prevent any sort of organic contamination. If kept in the fridge, this solution should last for quite a while. Probably longer than you'd need it.

^You sure about that? I thought it broke down pretty quickly in solution. Has anybody stored 4-aco-dmt fumarate like this? I had some 4-aco-mipt fumarate that was reported to be inactive after one week of storage in 100% ethanol, not sure about storage in water. Also, the 4-acos are supposed to be more stable, but from my experience it's not by much. If you keep them dry and cold, they'll last a long time.

Hugo24 said:
Here's the Miprocin stability data (HPLC).Again the same setup,a 2mg/ml solution in Methanol standing on the shelf unprotected.The material had a starting purity of 100% (freebase)

1 day: no change. 4 days,no change. 7 days,well you get an idea on where the degradation poducts will appear but its still 99% pure.The solution is now slightly brownish. 2 weeks,the purity has dropped to 98% but theres this bump in the baseline appearing.This looks like a statistical distribution of degradation products but I had this bump before from goo-like natural products so it might point to something similar,polymeric or fatty,and colored. Yeah the solution was now grey/brown.
At 3 weeks,the drop in purity got steeper,to 90%.

Note:HPLC is not an exact science,and theres the potential of stuff flying "under the radar".As theres was always the same solution and same inject volume used,the absolut mAU might give a hint of losing material "somewhere": 1857, 1794, 1800, 1738, 1572.

Six months later I discovered the solution still standing around,well it was all gone now,only this 2min. broad mountain left,exactly at the position of the earlier noted baseline-bump.

Two further notes:did once a TLC with Iprocin with a solvent containing Ammonia.You could literally watch the spot getting grey on the plate!So the 4-ho's degradation is drastically accelerated by any base present (could be the reason the Iprocin stability test in the other post showed a faster degradation)

Since HCl neutralizes the basic tert.amino group on the sidechain (if you have a salt) it will be a positive for the storage.Otherwise said amine will "fuck with himself",the acidic phenol at position 4 and form a zwitterion.No wonder it will get brown then...

Last edited:
Actually, good point... I was making an assumption based on its stability dry. It would be nice if someone commented who has experience with storing 4-AcO-DMT in solution.

The phens are very stable even in solution, but the trypts are quite variable. Maybe you could dissolve the compound in distilled water and freeze it after you measure out your dose. That may extend the life of the compound. In solution, it could last 1 day or it could last 1 year. We don't know.

Everyone in my circle (about 10 folks) have reported an extremely fast onset and a duration of about 3 hrs. Also noticed is that that redosing is not that spectacular. In no way will it compare to the first "peak".

Status
Not open for further replies.