Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT thread - New incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vastness of Love <3<3<3<3<3 beauty of compassion

After further experiments I think this substance is sacred.

First tries were probably too low dose on too full stomach.
For me this seemed maybe less recreational than mushrooms have been, and more insightful. Waves of emotions.
There was Light that I don't remember from mushroom experiences.
However this can be because of set and setting.
Going alone to shower was good. Being in company kept it from going insightful.
Next time I will make sure I can easily be alone if I want.
Oh no side effects of any kind were noted.

<3

Has anyone tried insuffation with success? I never tried that way before, but recently under the influence of alcohol put ~32mg up that way.

Wow, probably one of the most intense experiences so far. Semi-ego-loss at points. I could hear my own thoughts being said out loud in my head before I thought them, like someone was reading them to me, the whole world slipped into pure visuals and with eyes closed I was treated to some of the most beautiful ever. Morphing entities were in my field of view. accompanied by amazing patterns and colours, in hyperspace. Very 5-meo-DMT esq.

When I opened my eyes again the whole world was in staccato slow motion, kind of like that hit you get off long held NO2, but it persisted and persisted. For a few minutes I thought that perhaps I had not really opened my eyes after all, and had gone into a hole, and that this was another plain of existence within my mind, not my actual room. I panicked for a bit that the others in the house might be looking down on me lying there motionless and hoped they did not worry and call for help. Then after wandering around the room I was able to convince myself that this was not the case and everything was fine. I laid back down and enjoyed the rest of the CEV ride.

The thing I would suggest if anyone goes down this route is to split the stuff into two piles and put one up each nostril. Because how I did it with all up one side meant that the first 10-20 minutes were unpleasant - one eye and one side of my mind had come up into the trip, whilst the other side had not. This was disorientating to say the least and I had a fleeting concern that I might have done something permanent to my brain (being a bit drunk I probably forgot I had even taken something dur!) but once the other side of my head came into sync it was a nice fun ride thereafter. Id say all in all it was over in 2-3 hours, though it is had to say when rested with CEVs may have turned into sleep :)

I had a lot of insight during this trip, and I would certainly do it again this way.

<3 :| :)

Yeah, insufflation is my usual route for this, and I find it quite effective like that; I haven't taken it orally enough times to compare doses. LOL at your subjective experience of one-sided effects from one-sided insufflation. I *always* insufflate through my right nostril only (I just can't avoid hitting my throat when I sniff through my left), and have never experienced 'one-sided' psychedelia. I can't swear to it (and would be delighted and interested to be corrected if anyone knows differently), but I think there is no plausible physiological mechanism by which one-sided insufflation could impact one-sidedly on one's experience (except, obviously, through the one-sidedness of the discomfort arising from insufflation, or through your expectations that it would do so). Apart from anything else, your eyes aren't connected up to your brain in that way: the right half of *both* eyes' visual fields connect to the left brain, and the left half of *both* eyes' visual fields connect to the right brain. Also I'd be curious to know how you think you can tell which 'sides' of your mind are affected (or for that matter how many sides a mind has, and what they are). Still, glad you enjoyed it in the end. It's a great psychedelic. :)

Last edited:
ROTFL! I dunno guys - one-side effects from insufflation sounds like some placebo effect to me or a joke... the circulatory system is NOT two-sided... the capillaries from the right nostril do not lead exclusively to the right hemisphere of the brain do they? They just go into the general circulation which goes to BOTH hemispheres, right? Any med or anatomy students? I've never heard of anything like like, has anyone else? Silly.

Can we use the names of retired/defunct vendors? There was one in New Zealand I believe a number of years ago (3 capital letters in name) who served several months to a year in jail and is now out on parole for receiving a bulk quantity of 4-aco-dmt from a Chinese manufacurer, some of which had turned to 4-ho form. I would have thought he would have done his homework, and be been sure to get the fumarare form, but I assumed his issue was he did not or maker send the HCL anyway and a small amount of which changed to psilocin, but do not know for sure.

Are you saying even the fumarate form is guaranteed to have SOME psilocin in it? I had thought I heard it never turned to psilocin?

Yes we can say the names of defunct vendors.

As for the 4-AcO-DMT to 4-HO-DMT transformation, the fumarate is more stable than the HCl but eventually, its going to happen. Its just a matter of when and how much will change.

Also, I highly doubt this but its possible, maybe they used psilocin as the starting point to make the acetoxy compound, which was then turned to the fumarate salt?

Thanks MK777... well that is definitely how *snip* was busted (that and Ketamine they found serving search warrant)... straight from his own mouth: bulk 4-aco-dmt from China in which LE got a positive GC/MS result for 4-ho-dmt. I never did hear what form he order or what the rest of bulk consisted of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a mistake with this stuff (didn't I?)

The other night. Tripping with this girl for the first time... I took 24mg +/- 2, and she took 17mg. Folded into small pieces of fruit rollups. I started feeling it ten mins later, so did she. I got slightly nervous that it was coming on too fast.. as i assumed the peak was around t+2hrs or more. we stopped watching the movie and laid down, looking at the visual stuff i set up in the room. at t+50mins i was very anxious, seeing nice visuals however. I was nervous I was going to lose my mind, and didn't want to since I was kind of trip-sitting someone's first time. I took 1mg xanax due to the physical anxiety. she was feeling a bit nervous but declined my offer for xanax. it seems for her, it started to go away BEFORE the peak.

So my question is, does the anxiety usually go away before the peak? I assumed my anxiety would keep rising and rising to the peak, but maybe they are separate just like some come-up side effects.

It turns out we had a great adventure, and lots of laughing, but I really regretted taking that benzo. I felt I could have handled it fine without it.

As for the chemistry question in the acetate name, yes perhaps that was referring to 4-aco itself.

I get a little anxiety on come up sometimes, but yeah, it typically fades by the peak. 24mg is a pretty hefty dose for most people, so a little come-up anxiety is nothing out of the ordinary. Next time, I'd hold off on the benzos unless you really feel you need it.

I find that distracting myself for the first hour or so helps. Rather than turning off the show/movie/music/whatever you were doing right as you start to come up, keep the distraction going until you're near the peak. Watch a TV show or something and by the time it's over, you'll probably be past any roughness on the come up.

A first timer's trip, and me

Its good to realize the anxiety isn't correlated directly to intensity of the trip, and perhaps is an artifact which has its own peak and fall; before the peak psychedelic effects, most significantly.

I will try again soon and keep this in mind.

As for effects I experienced on this trip (leaving out anything that may have been caused or altered by the benzo):

Positive:
Visuals were interesting. my trip mate's face looked to fractalize some and have zebra stripes. in bright light, however, most visuals went away.

Far out thinking (I was a bit too gone for introspection during the comeup)

Mental and closed-eye visuals

Enhanced sex

"Fun" feeling, everything looked strange and felt like kid wanting to discover

Interacting with my dog was very fun, and she seemed to be excited too

Laughing a lot after the peak

Neutral:
Very dilated pupils which kind of freaked out my trip-mate, maybe cause I forgot to tell her about this

forgetting what i was going to say/do

depth perception altered

Negative:
physical and mental Anxiety, feeling I might soon lose my mind

a persistant feeling of having to urinate, or that i was urinating (during the most intense part). had to hold my hand over genitals to make sure i wasn't. it would go away after sitting on toilet for 20 minutes and finally peeing a few mL, then the cycle would repeat. urinary retention/difficulty went along with this nasty effect.

One funny effect, which was positive and funny for me but negative for her, was these binoculars I had sitting out as a trip toy, appeared to her as eyes. She got scared then described that they looked like eyes dilating and ready to attack. After she said this I clearly saw it, and it kind of freaked me out too, but I took it as being kind of scary in a fun way (like watching horror movie)... perhaps the xanax helped me with this. I can still see the weirdness even looking at them now sober!

First timer impression: i'll try to get her to make an account and provide her own description of her trip. it was the only drug she ever done besides herb. she said she really enjoyed it, and of course, it was not what she expected. i asked her what kind of dose she wanted (low-medium, medium/standard or high medium) she opted for the medium which i made as 17mg (based on a previous trial i had). she didn't like the feelings of the comeup (neither do i, on any psychedelic), but once past that, she enjoyed great visuals and strange feelings (one was thinking she was going to fall off bed but she wasn't close edge). she says next time she'd like to do a slightly higher dose. she laughed a lot after the peak, as I did too. the only negatives she reported was, the scary binoculars, uncomfortable comeup, and hated looking in the mirror.

We were watching 2001: a space odyssey during the comeup, and it seemed really slow and drawn out, although we laughed at some of the monkey scenes at the beginning. we decided to listen to music while laying down. we were pretty quiet during this part. surprisingly, during the intense parts where i thought i may soon lose my mind/ego, I could talk mostly well, it wasn't as difficult as I'd expect.

plugging?

this chemical is strange. opinions regarding different doses and especially different ROAs are deeply divided as far as I can see.
I wonder if it's because of different batches(fumarate/hcl, purity, -ho-/-aco-,...), extreme set/setting-dependance, interindividual differences or if we are talking about the same chemical at all...

for me 20mg oral (left in mouth for 10min; semi-full stomach) turned out underwhelming with a horrible 2h comeup. (a few nice moments though.. :) ) of course the experience was not what I expected....up to a point where I felt I did not consume 4-aco-dmt at all including vendor-mix-up paranoia...

anyway: for my next trial I exclude the oral route as I had a not so good experience, I tend to exclude nasal too as the majority here says it doesn't really work, with a few guys claiming the opposite... 8)
I generally like to plug my drugs, so what about that ROA? I know it's been done but what is the state of the art in this regard? please don't give me answers like 'it usually doubles the potency'. I'd really like to have some first hand account....thanks.

btw: my batch is the last from a recently closed vendor. I wanna add that information cause I'm suspicious that all the confusion surrounding this chemical is due to different products...

w/r/t 4-AcO/4-HO -- the former definitely degrades to the latter, which may have proved some people's undoing,legally speaking -- I personally believe them to be different pharmacologically based on experience. 4-AcO and 4-HO-DiPT are certailny very different. And this stuff does degrade a good bit and also, snorting it is not the same as doing it orally, and also, one vendor recently had gotten to fucking up orders quite a few times and confuzzling it with other drugs, or so I hear . So be careful out there with this stuff!

this chemical is strange. opinions regarding different doses and especially different ROAs are deeply divided as far as I can see.
I wonder if it's because of different batches(fumarate/hcl, purity, -ho-/-aco-,...), extreme set/setting-dependance, interindividual differences or if we are talking about the same chemical at all...

for me 20mg oral (left in mouth for 10min; semi-full stomach) turned out underwhelming with a horrible 2h comeup. (a few nice moments though.. :) ) of course the experience was not what I expected....up to a point where I felt I did not consume 4-aco-dmt at all including vendor-mix-up paranoia...

anyway: for my next trial I exclude the oral route as I had a not so good experience, I tend to exclude nasal too as the majority here says it doesn't really work, with a few guys claiming the opposite... 8)
I generally like to plug my drugs, so what about that ROA? I know it's been done but what is the state of the art in this regard? please don't give me answers like 'it usually doubles the potency'. I'd really like to have some first hand account....thanks.

btw: my batch is the last from a recently closed vendor. I wanna add that information cause I'm suspicious that all the confusion surrounding this chemical is due to different products...

I too find 20mg very underwhelming. It seems with this chemical there are 2 groups, firstly people that find 20-25mg extremely good and intense and then there is the group that seem to require 30-35+ to achieve the same effects. Natural tolerance or something? I have no idea, but all my friends are hit hard by 25 where as I can pass as sober at 25 and generally find it underwhelming and don't properly 'trip' until at least 30 or so.

Hmm... so do you agree it is slow? lol

Personally I liked the movie before, when I watched sober quite a few years back. Thats why I bought it on blu-ray.

But with this trip, time seemed to go quite slow, especially during the comeup. That is one thing I forgot to mention, time. Sometimes perceived as quite slow moving, other times fast.

The major thing I forgot to mention was seeing/feeling alien entities (with eyes closed) and them trying to communicate. Damn xanax kicked in around then and wiped them out, but I felt it was just parts of my subconscious manifesting into creatures.

I get some pretty extreme time dilation with this chem. My come up is usually very very intense and this is where time dilation is most evident for me as well.
I often feel like I've been tripping all day and then look at the clock and see that it's only been 1 hr since I started to feel the effects at all.
Hah with how slow paced a movie 2001 is with no drugs, I can't imagine it with the slow grinding time AcO gives me

DAMN! You guys are making this sound to intriguing! I really want to try it, but am relatively new in the RC circle despite being quite into the psychedelic scene, and haven't been able to find a vendor. Oh well, I was just wondering since this substance is (pretty) comparable to shrooms, could anyone compare it to acid??

I get good effects from as little as 18mg from that batch.

Also - I'd be interested if anyone got DPT from them, as to the quality of it - as I've no previous experience to refer to.

Different samples from different vendors have been found to be more degraded than others... so that may explain dose differences... I gave some of mine to one of my friends who ordered from another vendor and 20mg put her into what she likened to taking a 1/2 of shrooms while the stuff she had that was tan colored 20mg would be a ++ at best...

Status
Not open for further replies.