View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT thread - New incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 2 or 3 days definately isn't enough for the tolerance to dissipate. At least 4 or 5 days is required for that, and at least a week in between the trips is recommended.

If you want your head to feel nice wait around 2-4 weeks between trips -

tripping once a week for weeks on end is not sustainable, oh boy let me tell you though it is nice for awhile =D

Ok, im off to bed but let me tell you how it went.

With almost total darkness, listening to trance music, I would get CEV's that would have me spinning around and being sucked into tunnels to different dimensions. I would go from one thing to another, randomly. I have never seen so many colours in my life. I also seemed to make contact with an entity, who showed me a new meaning to love. Laugh if you will, but it did make sense, and I thank her for the teaching. With open eyes, I would merge with things, it would take some time but I would do. I was looking at a painting in my wall, and was seeing a white horse walking. There was a dark forest and I was trying to show the horse through the dark forest. Upon turning the lights on, I look at the picture, and bam, there is a horse and a dark forest. I have never looked at the painting before, but somehow I had managed to tell what there was before even knowing what there would be.

There is more to it. I have regained semi-consciousness, ad I am trying to make sense of what I saw/felt. Going to go to bed, hopefully the funky CEV's will stay, showing me my way to sleep.

I still feel I could have gone further, if I had tried a higher dose. There is a lot of potential to this drug, but tweaking the dose needs first to be arranged.

Finally, I must say that I looked to the sky at one time, and saw what seemed to be the most beautiful sky. It was impacting, yet it looked alien. Very hard to describe. It looked from another planet.

Cannot wait to try a higher dose. Seriously.

samadhi_smiles said:

tripping once a week for weeks on end is not sustainable, oh boy let me tell you though it is nice for awhile =D

I have mushies (mexicanas) coming my way. I was thinking either them (3 grams) or a higher dose of 4xxxdmt saturday morning. I am new to this, but let me tell you that upon entering these so-called tunnels to other dimensions, it felt like I had been there before.

El_Toro said:
I am new to this, but let me tell you that upon entering these so-called tunnels to other dimensions, it felt like I had been there before.
We all have. No one is new to "it". How's that for "food for thought"?

samadhi_smiles said:

Seconded. You can keep it up for a long time, but is it worth it? Or even beneficial at some point? If you're setting a schedule that you're having a hard time not breaking, it has probably become hedonism to some degree. Which there is nothing wrong with, but regular tweaking of psychedelic brain receptors can take quite a while to undo.

This is probably not great for anybody, and can be very bad for some.

Xorkoth said:
Seconded. You can keep it up for a long time, but is it worth it? Or even beneficial at some point? If you're setting a schedule that you're having a hard time not breaking, it has probably become hedonism to some degree. Which there is nothing wrong with, but regular tweaking of psychedelic brain receptors can take quite a while to undo.

This is probably not great for anybody, and can be very bad for some.

I have read quite a bit on psychedelics and they really got my interest going, from a psychonaut point of view. My aim is to find answers to my questions. I liked the fun part of it, but I want more. I can see the recreational abuse, for seeing so many colours and ignoring any deeper properties that the 4acodmt may offer, is very easy, but such is not my goal.

I am looking forward a trip where I am shown the way, just as I have read others have done so. I have even bought salvia because I want to experience that breakthrough which people talk about. To be honest, once I achieve what I am looking for, my frequency of psychedelic use would go down. Currently, I feel like a boy with new shoes, who wants to go and play football in the mud.

I am looking forward to my cherry popping with shrooms, a higher dose 4acodmt and a strong trip on salvia. After that, my plans are to use them seldomly.

Ptah said:
We all have. No one is new to "it". How's that for "food for thought"?

I felt like somehow, in our everyday, we have the chance to open up to this new dimension, but we selfishly ignore it. This draws a parallelism to one of the main thoughts that has been, for a few years now, bothering me; everyday that goes by, is an opportunity wasted.

El_Toro said:
I am looking forward to my cherry popping with shrooms, a higher dose 4acodmt and a strong trip on salvia. After that, my plans are to use them seldomly.
There's really no need to rush into it mate. Especially at the beginning of your psychedelic "career" - if you take too much too often, you might end up disappointed due to tolerance and loss of magic. Also, the human psyche is a fragile thing, and a relatively inexperienced tripper might find themselves quite different (and not necessarily in a good way) when coming out of a "binge" of powerful psychedelics such as the ones you mentioned, so be very careful and take it one slow step at a time.

Also, note that 4-AcO-DMT is pretty much a fun&games version of shrooms which can be very ego-shredding, confusing, and downright brutal, so make sure you don't rush into a high dose mushroom trip. High dose of 4-AcO-DMT has nothing on high dose mushrooms in terms of mental investment (does that make any sense?).

And salvia 8o 8o 8o Well, that's a whole different animal altogether 8o 8o :! :X 8) 8( =D :p :)

^ There's some brief discussion about it under psilocin's entry, but nothing much. Pretty much same for other acetate esthers of 4-substituted tryptamines - none of these have a separate entry (mainly because Shulgins' theory was that these were metabolized back to their indolol versions in the body which would fully be responsible for their actual effects, I would speculate)

Recept said:
There's really no need to rush into it mate. Especially at the beginning of your psychedelic "career" - if you take too much too often, you might end up disappointed due to tolerance and loss of magic. Also, the human psyche is a fragile thing, and a relatively inexperienced tripper might find themselves quite different (and not necessarily in a good way) when coming out of a "binge" of powerful psychedelics such as the ones you mentioned, so be very careful and take it one slow step at a time.

Also, note that 4-AcO-DMT is pretty much a fun&games version of shrooms which can be very ego-shredding, confusing, and downright brutal, so make sure you don't rush into a high dose mushroom trip. High dose of 4-AcO-DMT has nothing on high dose mushrooms in terms of mental investment (does that make any sense?).

And salvia 8o 8o 8o Well, that's a whole different animal altogether 8o 8o :! :X 8) 8( =D :p :)

I have done quite a bit of research, which I know cannot compare to the real thing. I am approaching this carefully. Yesterday's session was, as you mentioned, fun & games. No anxiety, no ego-disassociation, and plain colours, tunnel tripping and a slight contact with what seemed a female unknown entity. I would not classify it as real tripping from what I have been able to read, and seemed a good experience to test the waters.

Now I know my 4acodmt seems to be real, I have 5g of shrooms, and 1 gram of salvia. I am moving one step further, proceeding with caution.

^ I'm sure you have things well thought through, I'm just saying you shouldn't rush with anything and take at least a week or two off between trips to reflect and integrate.

Best of luck on your journeys either way :)

Recept said:
^ I'm sure you have things well thought through, I'm just saying you shouldn't rush with anything and take at least a week or two off between trips to reflect and integrate.

Best of luck on your journeys either way :)

Cheers mate, I will be reporting on how it goes.

I tried 18mg and it had much more of a body load than 1/8. Also I barely got any visual effects, unless I looked in a mirror. IT came one within 5 minutes and within 30 I had almost full effects. I spent the majority of the trip, about 2 to 3 hours laying on a bed and staring at the ceiling thinking about things. After I started coming down I felt very happy and was generally in a good mood for the rest of the night. I may be trying 30mg soon, but I have read about trips being very crazy at that dose and I am not sure if Im ready for that yet. If anyone has tried around 30mg please tell me how it went.

Also I'm going to a 3 day concert festival soon where I may try 18mg again, 30 wold almost defiantly be to much for me there.

^ I've tried 30mg, it was not bad, very intense and colorful visuals on par with 3-4 grams of shrooms, but mentally very manageable in comparision. 4-AcO-DMT is much more forgiving than mushrooms IMHO.

If you're experienced with mushrooms at doses 1/8 and above, you'll be able to hande it just fine. Otherwise, work your way up. Add 3-4mg at a time or so. But yeah, either way, 30mg would definately be too much for crowded settings.

Tonight will be my first experience with 4-AcO-DMT in public, at a concert.

I plan to take around 7.5mg, nothing serious, just a little sensory enhancement. I like how it kicks in quick so its easier to time the dose.

I have two empty vials that hold just under 1 ml each. They are the same type that are used for perfume samples and such. It seems to be the perfect way to transport a single dose in liquid form. We'll see.

Returned safely.

My initial impressions are mixed. Its hard to compare 7.5mg of 4-AcO-DMT to 15mg of 2C-B, but here goes...

I found conversation easier, no adverse effects with alcohol. Sensory enhancement was subtle but noticeable. I took video of the entire show and my initial subjective impressions are that its the best video I've done. We'll see tomorrow.

One thing though, public transportation in a major metropolitan area is a drag, on 2C-B I found it fascinating and a breeze. Tonight I was confused in an area I know fairly well. Either there was some confusion from the 4-AcO-DMT, or it didn't override the the confusing effects of alcohol as well as 2C-B...

Overall I would say it was a success, but next time I might dose a little higher. When it comes to sensory enhancement and interaction in an urban environment, low dose 4-AcO-DMT does the trick, but its no 2C-B...

Its 3:33 am. I have to catch a train at 8:40. Time for some vitamin c, and NAC. Lets hope I make the train....

I've found that tryptamines are generally more confusing and disorienting than the 2c phenethylamines I have done (2cb and 2ci), so stuff like public transport, paying for things, picking up movie tickets...they are more challenging on a tryptamine.

Glad the concert was a fun experience and that you made it home safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.