Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT thread - New incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
spun420833 said:
Also noticed is that that redosing is not that spectacular. In no way will it compare to the first "peak".

Interesting, but scientifically useless anecdote regarding that: Several months ago, at 9PM I did 20 mg of 4-AcO-DMT, and at 1 hr I dropped 1 "E" tablet containing I'd guess about 30-50 mg of amphetamine. I like using amphetamine to potentiate trips once every few months (although I gotta switch back to Adderall for safety's sake). Of course, it was a hell of a ride. At 2AM I was still getting moderate hallucinations.

At that point, my best friend dropped by with a 50g wet cubensis fresh off a cake. He'd been drinking lightly and smoking weed earlier in the evening, and wanted to join me in lala land. We split the 'shroom in half, and ate it on a bit of pasta. We both came up and the chronology followed a fairly typical mushroom one (caught a gorgeous sunrise :) ), but I was tripping quite hard again. All of my mushroom trips with 1/8 dry, I've had no OEVs except enhancement of color. With the 25g of fresh mushie, I was getting OEVs quite similar to the 4-AcO-DMT, and it was surprising how similar they felt. I honestly couldn't pick out a transition point between the two, and it felt like an extended 4-AcO trip with a chance to catch my breath in the middle.

Now, there is one (big) mitigating factor, at that point my friend had a supply of superb weed, and from about 45 min after ingesting the shroom until coming down we were nearly continuously smoking chronic. I'd estimate that in a period of 8 hours we went through almost a 1/2oz together. We were both quite tolerant at the time, but that's still an obscene amount of bud. At least for the come-down, both of us agreed that we could barely, if at all, percieve the MJ high, but that it brought the tripping back on more strongly.

Whoa. IV 4-AcO-DMT lasts that long? I was considering it (at about 7mgs to start) but figured I'd be up and down in a little over an hour unless I used an MAOI. I know you did it twice but still. I guess at 20mg a go it might last longer! IM lasts about 3.5 hrs for me, and 13 mgs is enough for a +++. I imagine for me 20mg IM would also be about equivalent in intensity to 20mg of DMT smoked/ 40mg of 4-AcO-DMT oral. But IV would be like 70-80 mgs orally! And you did it twice, on top of other drugs!? Could you walk or see?
[Edit]: Also, could you describe the onset profile? Did you pretty much feel it instantly? Were you at the plateau in under 10 minutes? If the answers to these questions is yes then, barring extremely fast deacetylase activity in the blood, it's another nail in the coffin of the idea of 4-AcO-DMT as a mere prodrug of psilocin.
Well, I was on MDMA, 5-meo-dipt, and 4-aco-dmt. It kicked in in about 10-15 sec. It was amazing. The experience definitely lasted longer than 3 hours (probably 4). I felt after effects for longer (but consider I IV'ed a second time). The rush lasted about 15 minutes and was amazing, extremely DMT like. The effects seemed quite different than oral ingestion. The visuals were much more DMT-like (maybe less mushroom like?) than oral and I enjoyed it much better overall. IV will be my preferred method of ingestion in the future. I'm going to IV 30mg next time. This IS my favorite drug now. I can't wait until I hypothetically get more.

Also, what do you guys think the best strategy would be for mixing oral MDMA and IV 4-ACO-DMT the best way? Should I take the MDMA or the 4-aco-dmt first? How many hours should I wait between dosing? Or should I match peaks? What do you guys think?

If possible, I would recommend NOT putting it in a solution. I had mine for over 6 months in a glass jar at room temp. with no noticeable degradation.

4-aco-dmt stability in solution

I stored some 4-aco-dmt in a solution of distilled water (1ml=1mg) recently for a period of 4 weeks exactly. I thought i noticed a very slight degradation in potency.

I tried the 4-aco-dmt at 16mg when I first received it, and had expected results (some wavy visuals, color enhancement, change in mindset, great body high...)

.. Tried it again at 16mg 4 weeks later, and this time, the visual aspect was not quite the same as before... very slight color enhancement - that was about it though. I was still definitely altered, and had a great body high - but the visuals weren't really there like they were before. Tolerance should not have been an issue here.

Recenlty acquired another batch of 4-aco-dmt, and i am now hesitant to store it in a solution - at least for more than a week or two.

^^ Do you have a scale of reasonable accuracy? Or is the lack of one the reason you used a solution? It seems quite stable out of solution.

i used a solution because i don't have a scale. before that, i had a small sample that was stored in a plastic baggie for 3 months and it didn't seem to be affected at all...

Did the solution turn brown or get any darker? 1 mg/mL won't get dark as quickly as 10 mg/mL will, but if it has began to degrade, you should see some color change.

Dondante said:
Did the solution turn brown or get any darker? 1 mg/mL won't get dark as quickly as 10 mg/mL will, but if it has began to degrade, you should see some color change.

Why would a more concentrated solution break down more quickly? Is this anecdotal? Just curious regarding the chemistry of this phenomenon.

^^ I think he's just saying that it will break down at about the same rate, but since there's less water for the amount of chemical, it'll change colors faster since it's got less water to disperse into.

Where was the solution stored? Also, which form was it in (freebase, HCl, fumarate, etc)

I had a batch of 4-AcO-DMT fumarate in a solution of 5mg per ml of vodka stored in a refridgerator for at least a couple of months; no significant degradation was noted, although there probably was some as the color of the solution had changed slightly towards the end. Still no dramatic decrease in effects was apparent for same doses.

solution was stored in the fridge, in an amber bottle. to clarify - i did say i THOUGHT i noticed a Slight degradation in potency - it may have been one of those set/setting things...or what i had eaten before taking it the 2nd time.. or a number of other factors to influence the 2nd trip .. it was quite close, the only thing lacking was the intensity of visuals compared to the 1st time. But it may not have lost any potency at all, and it was just the experience.

Also, i am not sure if it was the HCl, fumarate or what.. it was a pure white, very fine powder. Is there a way to tell? I have a new batch that has more of a brownish tint to it.. what would that be?

^ Impossible to tell really, even the slightest amount of impurities can drive the colour of the powder slightly off white. If it's a fine powder, it's probably a salt, I believe this one has most commonly been available as a fumarate, but I might be wrong. Only the person who made it can tell what it actually is (unless you have it tested) with certainty, perhaps the vendor knows, but no guarantees there either really.

Yesterday, me and of my friends each IV'ed 25mg of 4-ACO-DMT fumarate.

Me and one of my buddies had tried this before, and for us it's a dmt-like rush followed by a nice trip. My other friend, though being very experienced with psychedelics, had never IV'ed this substance before.

Me and my buddy IV'ed, and everything went as normal. But when my other buddy IV'ed his 25mg, it caught him completely off guard and he had a full, definite ++++ from it. He was crying in beauty for like 3 hours after. He said he didn't understand how ++++s were not dose or substance dependent until now.

He said he was elevated to the level of Buddha or Christ. I've have him write a trip report.

I just think it's very interesting that he got a ++++ from 25mg IV when we did the same dose and only barely got to a +++ during the peak.

Xorkoth said:
I have come to love psilocin (pure that is) more than 4-AcO-DMT. But psilocetin is a true gem, a wonderful substance indeed.

while i belive i can "get more" out of psilocin, that is to say that i often make huge strides forward in my life, the way i live it/ perceive it ect. there is something strikingly intruiging about psilosetin. i had a strange but wonderful experience dosing on it while exhausted.(i thought it might wake me up.) but i fell asleep on the come up. spectacular dreaming though i can't remember much of it short of that i was completely blown away, but as far as theme and all that, it's been lost to time. i'd highly recommend the material, and for anyone with some experience, try dosing and then go to sleep. i'd really like someone to relate to on this experience, as i've never spoken to anyone else who's done it in that particular way.(except my gf. she was with me, dosed with me, and fell asleep next to me. though she doesn't remember a thing from it, except waking up.) i plan to do an experiment soon dosing on dob, and going to sleep on the come up in varied doses. (starting at .5mg and working upward.) i'll post about my findings. probably have to start a thread. =D can't wait to share these jewels.

dosing again next day

anybody have any experiences taking 4-aco-dmt again the next night?

I recently took 17mg on a friday night, then took 34mg on saturday night and didn't trip nearly as hard as i thought i would the 2nd night. I took the 34mg accounting for tolerance, and thought it might feel like a 22-25mg trip, but i only tripped about as hard as i did on Friday night. Is tolerance that much of an issue?

In regards to degradation, I had some diluted in tap water that was stored in less than optimal conditions that turned blue, and I threw it out (I wish I didn't). I've had some more stored in the fridge in tap water for monthsa and I suspect it will be stable for quite a while. Before I take it I might mix it with some alcohol just in case.

I'm aware distilled water is a much better choice, but I expected to use it quickly which turned out not to be case.

I'm pretty sure that it is very stable in powder form at room temp. away from light. At least the fumarate salt.

I still can't believe my friend got a ++++ from 25mg IV.

^^ I can definitely beleive it. 25mg is a solid dose orally; I would imagine an IV of the same amount would hit very hard and cause a full blown psychedelic state with the very real possibility of complete immersion and disconnection from "reality".

psilocybonaut said:
I'm pretty sure that it is very stable in powder form at room temp. away from light. At least the fumarate salt.

I still can't believe my friend got a ++++ from 25mg IV.

Yeah... 25mg IV is a very high dose.

whats the difference in the hcl salt and the fumarate salt?

Status
Not open for further replies.