View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT thread - New incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for sure. That generalization holds true quite often. 2C-B for me, has a "nexus" type feeling. It's a post-modern technological wonder and much better suited for navigating urban environments.

Rather than being paranoid and disgusted by "the big city", I'm fascinated by it.

The most amazing public transportation experiences of my life have been on 2C-B. =D

Comparatively, a much smaller dose of 4-AcO-DMT was more confusing. I was waiting to catch a street car going the wrong way for about ten minutes. In an area I know well it was difficult to get a sense of direction.

I also find 4-AcO-DMT sedating, which is a good quality for something with its visionary potential. I think one of the best settings for this material would be in a safe environment, reclined with eye-shades and headphones...

e1evene1even, I also found it sedating. I have yet to play with it, but I'd love to go around my city on the substance. Everything vibrant and colourful, as if I entered a new dimension.

I must admit that I do not have any experience with psilacetin (4-AcO-DMT) alone (my only experience was with MDMA)...but the time I did take it with MDMA...there was no stimulant action noted...very relaxing experience with no real comedown. I've taken MDMA with many other psychedelics and have had some experiences become very speedy with a harsh comedown...so I am fairly certain that psilacetin is one of the smoothest psychedelics available. Can't wait to try it again (without MDMA.)

On friday I had a wonderful experience with 27 mg of this substance. The two previous trips I've had on psilacetin were both at 20 mg, and they were both on the edge of my ability to handle. In this case though, although my set wasn't quite right, the setting was perfect, and meditation as I was coming up settled me into the proper state of mind. It was totally controllable, the visuals and my thought patterns were beautiful.

I haven't found it to be sedating really, and in this last trip it was vaguely stimulant-ish. I didn't feel like really walking anywhere when I dropped. After I came up I decided to walk to a park about a mile and half away, and it didn't even bother me. I dunno what it is about tripping and being able to walk endlessly...

The next morning, I did actually have a bit of a hangover and my brain just felt "used up". I'm glad I'm eating my greens. :)

I agree that psilacetin is a "fun" substance; all three trips I've had on it, I've had periods where I was laughing like a maniac. It seems very forgiving as well. For this reason over the next 6 mos./2-3 trips I'd like to work up to about 35 mg of this substance. I'm not tolerant, and even 20 mg can facilitate a mind-blowing trip for me. Anybody done doses that high before?

Has this compound demonstrated any neurotoxicity? Is it theoretically safe to take in doses of up to 50 milligrams (since 90% is converted to psilocin in the brain)? I know it would be a strong trip, but would it be dangerous most likely? Or is the safety profile more like psilocin (4-HO-DMT, which is safe)? Can someone please help me out?

Bercilak said:
I agree that psilacetin is a "fun" substance; all three trips I've had on it, I've had periods where I was laughing like a maniac. It seems very forgiving as well. For this reason over the next 6 mos./2-3 trips I'd like to work up to about 35 mg of this substance. I'm not tolerant, and even 20 mg can facilitate a mind-blowing trip for me. Anybody done doses that high before?

I once took 34 mg and still found it manageable. I decided on that dose after figuring that it would be equivalent to the dose used in the 2006 Johns Hopkin's study on psilocybin-induced mystical experiences. Now, I'm not sure that it really was equivalent ... it depends on the extent of hydrolysis to 4-ho-dmt.

psilocybonaut said:
Has this compound demonstrated any neurotoxicity? Is it theoretically safe to take in doses of up to 50 milligrams (since 90% is converted to psilocin in the brain)? I know it would be a strong trip, but would it be dangerous most likely? Or is the safety profile more like psilocin (4-HO-DMT, which is safe)? Can someone please help me out?

I think it's still very much up for debate as to whether or not this compound is significantly hydrolyzed to psilocin in vivo. I'm tempted to say that the effects are due a mix of 4-ho-dmt and 4-aco-dmt making it across the blood brain barrier. I don't have any evidence to back that up other than the fact that it felt quite different than 4-ho-dmt.

Nobody can say anything definitive w/ regards to neurotoxicity, but it likely has a similar safety profile to psilocin. Regardless, make sure to work your way up slowly.

Hi all, only just signed up to Bluelight after lurking for a year or so......most people here seem to be very knowledgeable and friendly :)

This one is a fairly interesting compound, it seems. I like the fact that it has less of a history than some of the other more 'well-known' tryps. Will be receiving 500mg 4-aco-dmt in the mail next week, but I'm ashamed to admit that i've never had the opportunity to experience any form of shrooms (difficult to find here) :(

Nevermind, I guess it'll be interesting to see what I discover on the journey.......especially considering 4-aco-dmt will be my first tryptamine ever - the only RC I have tried so far is 2c-e, which is obviously a phen, and completely different to the tryptamine headspace, according to what I've read. (There's so many compounds out there yet to discover hehe)

Just a quick question: who exactly invents names for these compounds like "Psilacetin"? Obviously that's not the actual chemical name. I don't yet own a copy of TIHKAL so I'm not sure if it was Shulgin??

^ Welcome to Bluelight! :)

I don't know for sure, but I think David Nichols gave this one the name. I think because of the debatable theory that its converted in the body to psilocin, Shulgin never bothered to synthesis it. In my opinion its the probably the greatest tryptamine he overlooked.

You should really enjoy this compound, but since you are new to tryptamines, make sure to start low. 500mg will go a long way, no need to rush.

Last edited:
im not sure how the naming works but there is certainly a patern which i noticed.
4 ho mipt - miprocin
4 aco mipt - mipracetyl
4 ho dmt - psilocin
4 aco dmt- psilacetin
4 ho dipt - iprocin
4 aco dipt - ipracetyl (?)

i beleive it has something to do the "ACO"

I don't know for sure, but I think David Nichols gave this one the name. I think because of the debatable theory that its converted in the body to psilocin, Shulgin never bothered to synthesis it. In my opinion its the probably the greatest tryptamine he overlooked.

ah ok, thanks.

also, i remember reading in the original Big and Dandy thread that 4-aco-dmt has a really nice come-up compared to some of the other tryps? anyone else found this?

and how does it affect short-term memory..... is it difficult to remember what exactly happened during a trip once you return to baseline?

Just a quick reminder:

Decent milligram scales cost money but the peace of mind you get when weighing the calibration weight and seeing they (the scales) are accurate to .000g is worth it. Plus, good scales come with at least a one-year guarantee - really good ones will offer longer than that.

samadhi_smiles said:
I have a harder time imagining people tripping hard at shows, so it goes to show its all what youre used to!

Agreed! Tripping hard at shows? I don't intend to combine my worst nightmares with tripping opportunities but if I did, it'd involve packed crowds of thousands and myself on a drug with negligable heritage/testing.

Hi guys,

I tripped yesterday again, this time with what seemed like 20mgs. It was very nice indeed. At one point, I divided the actual music that playing, so that it was heard by one ear and the other. I established a relationship with a pumpkin too, who was nothing but the light being reflected by my covered laptop screen. Again, contacted the same female entity.

Anyway, woke up today (trip was from aprox 6 till 11) and I still have some minor visuals. If I look at a drawing, the colours will slightly melt, and when looking at the screen, the words do so too.

Any takers?

I am also planning on tripping this morning. It is a beautiful day and would like to walk around town.I doses about 18 hours ago. Today is the last day before the bad weather starts, otherwise I'd leave it.

I wouldn't worry about the lingering visuals... you've been indulging in psychedelic substances, fairly often it sounds like. I'd be lying if I said I haven't ever tripped again in the morning. Just make sure you aren't misleading yourself.

4-AcO-DMT seems like a pretty low-impact psychedelic to be using frequently. But don't make a habit of it. That's my advice.

Thanks mate, the weather is astonishing today, I really want to trip again.

By the way, I looked at the sky yerterday whilst tripping, and again, it looked impressive.

By the way, any issues with tolerance? Sall I try same weight or slightly more?

Go a little higher. You will definitely experience some tolerance.

Sweet. I have hypothetically just received a gram of 4-aco-dmt. I will be hypothetically tripping balls tonight.

Ok, what's the general consensus on dosages? Reading this thread and another, I saw anything from 30-18 recommended as a good 1/8 of shrooms. What do you guys think?

Its highly variable. Assuming you are pretty experienced with psychedelics, and don't have any tolerance, I think ~15mg should give you a good idea what its about, without being too much. Just be prepared that it could be a bit more than you bargained for or a bit less. I think my first time I took ~12mg.

For me, this substance hits faster than any other, I can quickly gauge whether I'm above or below the mark. After you have a first trial and get an idea how you react, its fairly easy to take a supplement after an hour.

If you plan for a supplement dose, obviously make sure you measure before hand and stick to your predefined limits.

If you mythically have a gram, there's no need to rush.

deadhorseyi3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.