• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Problems with getting visuals on LSD

DMT is different though, it's not distortions of your usual reality. It's completely different reality altogether, or so it feels that way.

for sure, completely agree. however i still stick with acid visuals not even comparing to a good dmt dose visuals.

as others have said, i find the visuals a really nice add on, but not the most important part of tripping.

LSD, why don't you love me?

Hey all,

I did a search and couldn't find anything, although I know this question has to have been asked before... so, sorry if it has...

I've tripped 3 times now on cid', each time more powerful than the last, but I've never gotten open-eye visuals unless I stare at a bright light or keep my eyes closed for several minutes. First time I tripped I ate one sugar cube with 2 other buddies that was supposedly a mild 2-hits of acid. About 45+ minutes, I started to feel an amazing body high and open mindedness, but I wanted a full-blown trip, open eye visuals and all, but it never came. I basically felt amazing for 8-12 hours, music was great and sounded... different... but I never fell I hit that true 'tripping point'. My two other buddies had the same dosage as I did, and they said they were manipulating their visuals pretty easily, and were confused why I wasn't tripping as hard as they were. At one point while we were laying down on blankets in the woods playing guitar, my friend was laughing about how he could mentally move tree branches around, naturally I was disappointed I couldn't do that (well, see that). The big head of my click suggested next time I take 2 tabs rather than one sugar cube.

Okay, so the next time I manage to get some cid' with a different group of friends, I take 2 tabs with 2 hits each on them, hoping to hit a +++ trip (as background, I've done saliva which I consider ++++ and shrooms which I would consider +++). Okay, 45ish minutes I start to feel an amazing body high, music blurring, slower thinking, open mindedness, but NO VISUALS!!! Dissapointment!

My last time tripping was 2 more tabs with my original friend group. Same story, amazing body high, no open eye visuals unless I closed my eyes and let my mind go for several minutes, but then after 20 seconds of my eyes being open, the visuals cease.

My question is -- Why aren't I getting these open eyed visuals that others are getting from the same dosages? For a while, I was taking valium for jaw pain, but I always discontinued 2-3 days before tripping. Is anyone else in my boat? I obviously know that acid differs in potency and dosage each time... One person thinks its because I am searching for the visuals, so I am not seeing them because I am not "going with the flow"... This doesn't seem right for such a powerful drug. Am I forever doomed to have to enjoy acid without the visuals!?

Thanks!

Last edited:
^ Merged with two other threads about the same thing, you can browse through that while people can comment on this issue. :)
Also, title changed.

Last edited:
Some trips are just more visual than others.

I find that cannabis increases the visual nature of LSD exponentially though.

I would suggest you don't smoke all day or longer before you dose. Once you start peaking take a few bong hits. This should help. ONe of my most visual trips was with only 2 hits of LSD and a shit ton of weed. Full visual pixelation and fragmentation, peoples faces melting, etc.

I also find that I can coax out the visuals by closing my eyes and meditating. At high enough doses you can gain the ability to visualize and manipulate anything imaginable within your minds eye.

One person thinks its because I am searching for the visuals, so I am not seeing them because I am not "going with the flow"... This doesn't seem right for such a powerful drug. Am I forever doomed to have to enjoy acid without the visuals!?

That person is correct. The "drug" is not powerful, the drug only unlocks your mind... your mind is powerful.

The first time I took LSD I had very elaborate visuals. It was like I was inside a painting, everything was a caricature of what it should have been. Since then I've only had light visuals. I've never gotten visuals from msuhrooms and barely had any the one time I smoked DMT. Since then I've taken lsd several more times. I still trips the same as I did the first time in terms of the changes in my thought process, I just don't find myself in a completely different world visually. I've come to accept that I'm not the kind of person who is prone to visual hallucinations and still have a lovely relationship with LSD. One friend has told me he enters "acid land" every time he takes LSD. I know I have been there once, it just seems that I cannot find my way back. Maybe next time I will bring a map, I just wish I had drawn one out the fist time I went exploring the cosmos.

Thanks Solipsis, and everyone else answering!

Dread - I try to take their advice and float away in my mind. As I said, I definitely... get trippy... I just don't get those visuals. I've laid back for hours in the woods listening to music and got nill while others have been able to manipulate whatever they please.

MistaJeff, if you ever get your hands on that map, let a brother know ;)

Next time I try cid' *should be soon*, I'll make sure to wait on that herb until I know I feel the acid kicking in.

for me, weed makes LSD very visual... it's like it clicks in my head and goes all psychadelic!

"LSD takes between 45 and 90 minutes to 'kick in;' and some of these rambunctious youth have been reported to spend this time smoking, marijuana..."

I think this from a Dragnet episode about--cue paranoid, 1940s-style radio announcer voice--the dangers of a deadly new drug, known as 'acid,' that's taking the nation's youth by storm. It is hilarious, truly the "Reefer Madness" of LSD.

One of the funniest quotes is by a government 'scientician' talking about the effects of LSD, that is: the drug is so shockingly potent that as little as two pounds of it could render the entire population of the state of California completely insane.

shit

i am drinking lots of water cranberry juice i am getting ready 4 a piss test and listening to kmk gone get high i am taken advice from yall , cause i am on probation

I recently took 2 hits of white on white blotter and was really surprised by the lack of visuals. The trip was intense and i had extremely different head space, but i can't figure out why i didn't have hardly any visual distortion. The people who i was tripping with also reported the same effects. I can't figure it out...

Is this common or what? Can someone shed any light on the mystery?

no man there is suppin rong with ya

ya ima have to agree.
just from two blotters i can normally come across some
visuals. dropping four has gotten me having raindrops falling in every direction in my visual field
untill it looks like im looking out of a very wet window with water and ripples everywhere.
while this was happening tho i was concerned because the core of my body had a very strong distinct twitch to it that went out to the rest of my body.. and it was twitching every milli second, and i was getting bad thoughts fast. i couldn't see straight and was having increasing more visuals and distortions.
i thought i was in trouble but after some reassurance and calm music i was able to successfully smoke a cig and relax.

u need some stronger stuff i think

400ug is an insane amount and I doubt you took 900ug and didn't experience complete EGO destruction. Watching TV would have been the LEAST profound thing.

Get your facts together, and size has nothing to do with LSD's effects.

Please tell me you're joking. Go get educated on the drug please.

i didnt say i watched tv for the whole night
and im just trying to help so dont be an asshole

Last edited:
LSD, no visuals.

Well, about 11 hours ago I took 2 hits of acid. I was hoping to see visuals and a mind blowing group experience like shrooms.. But I think shrooms are better. I'll describe my peak of my trip, from what I can recall. Do I just have high tolerence or what? This is my first lsd trip.

I did 2 hits, kept them under my tongue for 45 minutes, then swallowed them. After about.. 30 minutes I'm guessing, I started feeling it, and as I walked, it progressed and got better and better. I went into the woods and I felt kinda like I was on xanax, it was mainly a body high, but I can't really describe it. I couldn't really comprehend thinks that well and had strobe light like vision. So, me and my buddy decided we wanted to chill and listen to music, and wait for the trip to intensify. So we eventually decided to hike through the woods, a pretty long hike, to these comfy chairs in the woods surrounded by really trippy woods.

So, we start on our journey, and I start getting these bad vibes. My friend wanted to go the shorter way, through this person's yard, and for some reason I had the worst feeling about it. Well, we start heading towards the yard (In the middle of the woods, a huge long gravel driveway we are walking down) and I hear barking. We think, oh it's just a dog inside. Wrong. Two pitbulls came charging at us, and we ran for our lives. We ran for about 600 feet, and I saw a big stick on the ground, I pick it up ready to kill the thing. I pointed it at the dogs and held my ground. The dog stopped, and we backed away keeping watch, as the dogs did the same. That was a close one.

My friend, let's just call him B for right now. Well B say's, hey man we can just go back through here, and I got bad vibes again.. So we start walking down this creek bed, and there's a huge ass spider in the creek right in between both of us, it scared the shit out of me while tripping.

Anyways.. We head up the back way and I'm feeling very uncomfortable, I guess it was my body getting used to the chemicals. I felt very shaky, restless, and I felt like I was somewhere else a lot. Like, I felt like my mind wasn't apart of my body anymore. We finally got to the chairs, after a huge detour and my friend reasuring me to just keep my mind on the chairs.

So, I sit down and try to calm down and listen to music, but I just couldn't. I couldn't stop shaking my legs, I felt so restless and weird. I had this huge feeling that my hands were baby hands, but I would closesly to see that they weren't.. But as soon as I put them down, I felt it again. Kind of like the Burger King commercial where the guy has the whopper and his hands are really small.
Anyways, I kept getting up and walking aimlessly in circles, B was just chillin, but I could not sit still. I always felt like I wasn't in my body, or I was in someone elses body. It was all a very strange feeling, and very different from shrooms, because in my experience, shrooms usually had everyone on the same level, but acid was just so.. different I guess.

I decided I really needed some water so we started hiking again, We followed this very trippy trail, with amazing views, that I was too restless to care about.. Would of been great on shrooms. This pretty much my feeling when I was really trippin hard. We later went to B's house and played Halo: Reach, I had no clue what I was doing but I somehow managed to play the levels and kill the aliens, and somehow drive the warthog and some other truck like vehicle. This finally made me relaxed, then a little later I headed over to my other buddy's house.

When we first left the house, we both experienced a feeling that our inner thighs were tearing when we walked, and I found it very difficult to walk. Well that finnaly stopped after being about halfway to my buddys house. At my buddy's house, I just couldn't stop laughing. I did laugh uncontrollably alot before this, but just not this bad. I like to call it geekin out, but I just could not stop laughing. After a while I got a migrane, and I started coming down.

Alright, this whole adventure, was only 3 hours. 3 hours? I expected a 12 hour mind blowing trip, but I guess not. After geeking out so hard at my other buddy's house, I was a little bit confused and I just kind of felt weird. This continued for the whole rest of the trip.. Wich I'm still feeling now, 11 hours after injestion.

I never had any peak or anything, just a 3 hour crazy experience with no visuals, and me sitting here typing this now. I pretty much felt normal after 3 hours. I was expecting visuals. I got none. My distance was very very off though, like I would see someone on the left of me out of the corner of my eye, then look over and they would be a lot closer than they looked. Also at one time I kept trying to use my index finger and thumb together to grab a headphone plug, but it just would not work. I kept moving my middle finger no matter how hard I tried to use my index finger, wich resulted in me plugging it in my ipod very akwardly.

Well, I wanted a long journey with crazy visuals and all that, but I just got a crazy 3 hour experience, and me wishing I didn't take it so I didn't have this lump on the back of my neck. Do I need more hits or what, should I take it at night?

So, we start on our journey, and I start getting these bad vibes. My friend wanted to go the shorter way, through this person's yard, and for some reason I had the worst feeling about it. Well, we start heading towards the yard (In the middle of the woods, a huge long gravel driveway we are walking down) and I hear barking. We think, oh it's just a dog inside. Wrong. Two pitbulls came charging at us, and we ran for our lives. We ran for about 600 feet, and I saw a big stick on the ground, I pick it up ready to kill the thing. I pointed it at the dogs and held my ground. The dog stopped, and we backed away keeping watch, as the dogs did the same. That was a close one.

holy shit, bad trip shit right there! MAN!

Glad you got o.k.!

I will read the whole post later, im sorry its getting sorta late and im way behind on sleep.

holy shit, bad trip shit right there! MAN!

Glad you got o.k.!

I will read the whole post later, im sorry its getting sorta late and im way behind on sleep.

Luckily, I regained composure after going into killer instinct mode.