• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Problems with getting visuals on LSD

Yeah it sounds like you became overwhelemed with everything that happended and you did have a bad trip some what. Ive had the same happen to me on LSD after being slightly frightenend a few times within 10 mins or so and I also couldnt stay comfortable and was extremely fidgity.

Next time either wait untill your in the woods set up to chill then dose, or dose in the safety of someones home.

Try a higher dose of L next time for more visual if you think you can handle it.

edit- Ive always found that tripping on LSD in the bush to be much more intimidating then when on shrooms.

Well shrooms in the woods makes me feel so natural. Acid is a man made trip, and it just doesn't feel that right. I do want to do it again, I'm thinking on haloween, I'll try 3 hits. I already have a lump on my neck, why not?

Yeah it sounds like you became overwhelemed with everything that happended and you did have a bad trip some what. Ive had the same happen to me on LSD after being slightly frightenend a few times within 10 mins or so and I also couldnt stay comfortable and was extremely fidgity.

I got locked in an old elevator stuck in the basement of an apartment building while bringing up a fold out bed, while coming up on rolls. The fire department came, I hugged one of them, there was 12 of them or so, one had an exe. LOL <3 %) It was an inteesting night it killed my roll for 10 mins or so cause I thought I might not ever get out, but my friend talked me down and ecstasy doesn't have the mind fuck properties of good L.

The fire department came, I hugged one of them, there was 12 of them or so, one had an exe. LOL <3 %) .
Fucking awesome! Honestly I think it would be fucking terrifying to get stuck inside of someplace while tripping on anything. To the OP sounds like bad set and setting followed by the over stimulation of a low dose. Try a couple more hits and not getting chased by viscous dogs and your trip may turn out quite differently!;)

I did 2 hits, kept them under my tongue for 45 minutes, then swallowed them.

8o

I was hoping to see visuals and a mind blowing group experience like shrooms.. But I think shrooms are better.

Well, I wanted a long journey with crazy visuals and all that, but I just got a crazy 3 hour experience, and me wishing I didn't take it so I didn't have this lump on the back of my neck. Do I need more hits or what, should I take it at night?

They are both amazing. IME the relative effects (i.e. psychological, visual, etc) can vary a lot from person to person. Some people will get moderate-strong visuals with doses that produce minimal psychological effects, and vice versa.

Can't really say about the dose without knowing how strong the tabs were. In general taking more or taking it in combination (e.g. weed) will make it more visual.

I can't smoke weed, I've been getting drug tested at my job, sadly. That's why I tripped on acid.

I had a very very similar experience to this two days ago on 2 hits as well. I tried one tab of the same blotter twice over the past two weeks, and both times I felt very happy & upbeat and ambitious for about 10 hours; I got a lot of things done and cleaned my apartment thoroughly. It feels like really clean stuff, but with 2 hits it felt just as you described--uncomfortable and short. I think 2 hits was too much to do anything useful, but not enough to have a out of body experience, so I felt uncomfortable and restless because of it.

Based on anyone's experience, does a clean-feeling euphoric buzz on a low-dose translate to a euphoric full-on trip with the same blotter?

Well if I get more I'll tell you what its like. I'm going to bump up my dose, and I'll try it at night. I heard night is a lot trippier and has more visuals. My hits where off grid paper so it must of been some low grade stuff.

Well if I get more I'll tell you what its like. I'm going to bump up my dose, and I'll try it at night. I heard night is a lot trippier and has more visuals. My hits where off grid paper so it must of been some low grade stuff.
Tripping at night has a more intense/mysterious feel to it I find. And grid paper? you mean normal blotter right?

Well shrooms in the woods makes me feel so natural. Acid is a man made trip, and it just doesn't feel that right. I do want to do it again, I'm thinking on haloween, I'll try 3 hits. I already have a lump on my neck, why not?

I never got this. A chemical is a chemical, regardless of weather it's been synthed or not.

If someone synthed psilocybin, it would do the exact same thing as eating shrooms.

Two hits of street acid could easily fall short of 100 mics of LSD. At which point, you're not going to get a lot of visuals, and you're not going to reach full psychedelic ecstasy.

Granted, a lot of people seem more sensitive to visual phenomena than I am, but to see any decent CEVs I have to dose in the 400+ mic range. Visuals should not be why you're tripping though.

I can't smoke weed, I've been getting drug tested at my job, sadly. That's why I tripped on acid.

If you were told that LSD and marijuana were interchangeable, you were sorely misinformed. ;)

Well shrooms in the woods makes me feel so natural. Acid is a man made trip, and it just doesn't feel that right.

To me, the fact that LSD is the product of the advanced sciences of modern society just adds even more to the thrill of the experience. If you're tripping on acid, you're taking full advantage of the gift of the incredible capacity of the human mind, and humanity as a whole. This is the trip of the FUTURE. %)

If you were told that LSD and marijuana were interchangeable, you were sorely misinformed. ;)

That's not what I meant, don't know why I said it that way. I would of tripped regardless, but it doesn't show up on drug tests so that's a plus. I was too restless to really connect with my mind. On shrooms it was a lot different. Is small doses more like a stimulant, or was it the fact that I ran from the dogs and I was really active the whole time?

At 120ug (1 hit of the blue shivas, of supposedly 120ug dosage), i get only fairly mild visuals if I don't smoke weed while tripping.

When i had taken only 3/4ths of a hit from the same batch, and smoked on the peak, I got much stronger visuals. The whole thing was more fun and more visual, but i think less informative mentally, and somewhat more anxiety promoting (particularly when trying to communicate). I've noticed a similar pattern with other psychedelics - weed increases visuals of lower end doses by at least a factor of 2.

LSD is more stimulating than shrooms, but the absolutely horrible setting for your trip (dogs, spiders, et al) probably made that aspect seem a lot stronger than it otherwise would.

confused about LSD

so i've read many trip reports about lsd and tried it for the first time yesterday. it confuses me deeply as acid is known for being a very visual drug, its common knowledge. when i tried it i took three hits and was overcome with feelings of adventure, playfulness, discovery, giggles and socialness. also things seemed weird and had a hollywood feel/look. however apart for maybe some mild breathing at one point, i did not get any visuals. the feeling was great and provided a wonderful night, but what i really wanted from acid was the feeling and the visuals together.

also when i've read trip reports, many of them never seem to report any visuals. i know that alot of the experience is about the mental/emotional side of things, but i still love visual drugs and no reports seem to talk about getting any visuals, and if they do they're only mild and only discussed briefly unless its a report of someone dropping ten hits at once and tripping nadsack for a day or two, and id otn have the money for that.

lsd is somethign i always wanted to try, but my experience and the trip reports have kind of made me lose faith in its visual power, if not in its emotional and mental. anyone know different?

Eat more. The visuals aren't crazy unless you start eating high doses. The most intense experience I've had is clouds flying through the sky looking like 'arabic' type symbols, and people like forms being created by looking at a rock-wall. Maybe you are expecting too much with such a low dose? Your hits could be weak.

I find the visual component very close-knit with the mental. There is a universal 'feel' to the experience which is 'seen', for me. I don't know if you count colours as visuals - as I do (colours are visual) - but the things that happen with emotion and colours and ethereal light on LSD can be breathtaking. I have found other psychedelics to be all-round more visual, but that doesn't in any way negate the impact or profundity of an LSD experience for me. Maybe your blotters/liquid are weak. I've had weak blotter before, and I've been ripped off for liquid (inert/bunk acid).

I find LSD doesn't get particularly visual until a moderate to high dose on its own (300ug +)

however, in combination with other, more visual psychedelics it potentiates the visual aspect to an incredible degree. LSD + 2ce will be immeasurably more beautiful than 2ce by itself, for me, at least.

Ive tripped fairly dern hard off of less than 200 mices .... twas som e amazing liquid though some real actual 25, maybe its the way it was made or processed, handled etc, prob weak mic percentage