• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy pod/seed tea vs heroin

Pod tea or heroin

• Heroin

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Pod tea

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Heroin, your a moron for even asking

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
I think it’s safe to say the espresso machine is so far the best way to extract the pods, I found a old espresso grinder that grinds the pods into almost a powder and run it through two double shot cycles, gonna try just eating 5 grams of the fine powder and see how that works tomorrow but I like the espresso machine cause I can just add it into my morning coffee through the same machine real easily
We punjabi get the dried pod heat it up in the microwave then poke a hole and take seeds out grind them to dust and just make with a lot of sugar and tea taste like shit also when tea done use a cloth to get the poppy pod and extract by squeezing every last drop . Sugar makes pods work better i say let the tea cool just cugg it and have a good sweet coffee or tea the buzz gets much better. Been through both heroin and pod withdrawal i say heroin more anxiety but pods you go into day 15 and your legs ache like fuck long withdrawal .

We punjabi get the dried pod heat it up in the microwave then poke a hole and take seeds out grind them to dust and just make with a lot of sugar and tea taste like shit also when tea done use a cloth to get the poppy pod and extract by squeezing every last drop . Sugar makes pods work better i say let the tea cool just cugg it and have a good sweet coffee or tea the buzz gets much better. Been through both heroin and pod withdrawal i say heroin more anxiety but pods you go into day 15 and your legs ache like fuck long withdrawal .
You say sugar potentates it or helps extract it better ? I typically squeeze a couple lemons into the water before boiling

You say sugar potentates it or helps extract it better ? I typically squeeze a couple lemons into the water before boiling
Punjabi say stay away from sour tastes kills buzz after extracting pods drink with lot of sugar .Sugar good sour bad eat and drink sweet drinks

Been some years but I used to also grind them to dust & squeeze a couple fresh lemons in

I had an old refer that got up to about 95° on the top
I would set the covered pot on there overnight after barely bringing up to a simmer ...

Seemed to be the most potent extract for myself

Been some years but I used to also grind them to dust & squeeze a couple fresh lemons in

I had an old refer that got up to about 95° on the top
I would set the covered pot on there overnight after barely bringing up to a simmer ...

Seemed to be the most potent extract for myself
I simmered this current batch on and off almost all day yesterday and let sit to cool overnight, woke up this morning brought it to a simmer for about 10min. Then shut it off and let cool, just ran it through the bubble bags and now reducing it, so we’ll see if letting it soak/simmer over a 24 hr period helps potency any, Iv got about 2 gallons of really dark but clear(cause of the filter bags) tea, Iv got pretty high hopes for this batch

I tried again today, did 4 stovetop water simmer extractions with less total water. The resulting brew is fairly dark brown and although I wouldn't say it's very bitter, it is somewhat bitter. I also brewed the amount I did yesterday in 2 batches, all in one batch. Just drank half and will wait a while to drink the other half, just in case the pods I selected are substantially more potent than the ones yesterday.

My girlfriend will also be home by the time it has a chance to come on (she'll be home in 2 hours and I just drank the first half) in case it ends up being super strong to the point I need assistance. I got spooked reading about accidental overdoses yesterday, lol. Though I have a pretty hefty tolerance. I brewed 13 grams of pods, which was quite a lot of pods (I have pretty small ones mostly). I ground them up very finely, and squeezed them out after each extraction, and this time I did not keep the plant material in, but tossed it once it was spent (yesterday the feeling of a gut full of plant material was unpleasant). The 4th extraction's water was mostly clear, the first 2 were quite brown. The brew in the mug is pretty dark brown, though partly see-through up to about a centimeter or so down.

I have enough for like 8 grams some other time. Wasn't going to dose 2 days in a row, was going to wait another day but I have band practice tomorrow and I don't want to end up too sedated for that. Glad I don't have more and even these 2 and a half doses worth was quite expensive. I need to start weaning down from kratom after this again, I'm trying to be off opioids but all the pod talk made me have to try since I have never had pods (that is my rationalization and I'm sticking to it). I have had poppy seeds uncountable times, and back in the day I used to have access to insanely cheap, strong seeds. I was addicted to them for years, was my favorite opioid. Got to where I was dosing over 2 pounds per day, and these seeds were strong, one tenth of the dose I was taking would get my friend who was an IV heroin addict for years (but not at the time) on the verge of too high. I actually went cold turkey off of daily seed use before, somehow made it through with only kava. It was super shitty, and lasted 3 weeks until I felt decent again.

Last night I had a very nice time once I went up to bed, I stayed up for a couple of hours reading my book (the 6th Dune book), I was very high, semi-nodding, wrapped in a warm blanket opioid effect, which has to have been mostly from the pods as I never nod from kratom, I did dose a bit of kratom twice after dosing the pods yesterday which somewhat increased the effects but certainly not enough to account for nodding. It had been so long that I felt sure I wasn't going to get much from them, when I chose to add kratom. It really took a shockingly long time to reach full effect, I was surprised.

I tried again today, did 4 stovetop water simmer extractions with less total water. The resulting brew is fairly dark brown and although I wouldn't say it's very bitter, it is somewhat bitter. I also brewed the amount I did yesterday in 2 batches, all in one batch. Just drank half and will wait a while to drink the other half, just in case the pods I selected are substantially more potent than the ones yesterday.

My girlfriend will also be home by the time it has a chance to come on (she'll be home in 2 hours and I just drank the first half) in case it ends up being super strong to the point I need assistance. I got spooked reading about accidental overdoses yesterday, lol. Though I have a pretty hefty tolerance. I brewed 13 grams of pods, which was quite a lot of pods (I have pretty small ones mostly). I ground them up very finely, and squeezed them out after each extraction, and this time I did not keep the plant material in, but tossed it once it was spent (yesterday the feeling of a gut full of plant material was unpleasant). The 4th extraction's water was mostly clear, the first 2 were quite brown. The brew in the mug is pretty dark brown, though partly see-through up to about a centimeter or so down.

I have enough for like 8 grams some other time. Wasn't going to dose 2 days in a row, was going to wait another day but I have band practice tomorrow and I don't want to end up too sedated for that. Glad I don't have more and even these 2 and a half doses worth was quite expensive. I need to start weaning down from kratom after this again, I'm trying to be off opioids but all the pod talk made me have to try since I have never had pods (that is my rationalization and I'm sticking to it). I have had poppy seeds uncountable times, and back in the day I used to have access to insanely cheap, strong seeds. I was addicted to them for years, was my favorite opioid. Got to where I was dosing over 2 pounds per day, and these seeds were strong, one tenth of the dose I was taking would get my friend who was an IV heroin addict for years (but not at the time) on the verge of too high. I actually went cold turkey off of daily seed use before, somehow made it through with only kava. It was super shitty, and lasted 3 weeks until I felt decent again.

Last night I had a very nice time once I went up to bed, I stayed up for a couple of hours reading my book (the 6th Dune book), I was very high, semi-nodding, wrapped in a warm blanket opioid effect, which has to have been mostly from the pods as I never nod from kratom, I did dose a bit of kratom twice after dosing the pods yesterday which somewhat increased the effects but certainly not enough to account for nodding. It had been so long that I felt sure I wasn't going to get much from them, when I chose to add kratom. It really took a shockingly long time to reach full effect, I was surprised.

I would try the espresso method if you have a stovetop espresso maker. If not they are dirt cheap and you can get it next day.

From my experience simmered pod tea felt dirty than the espresso maker tea (more like pod coffee). Perhaps the longer simmering liberates more noxious alkaloids into the solution.

Personally i never ingested the pod material or grounds, in the case of poppy pods "full spectrum" is not desirable.

I know you are a big seed fan, how would you compare it to PST?

Personally i found pod tea (or rather espresso pod coffee -- i had never heard of espresso pods at the time, in my mind I had invented it) to be faster acting, harder hitting, but shorter acting. My theory is that the process of vigorously shaking the naturally greasy poppy seeds in water produces liposomes that surround some of the morphine creating essentially an extended release morphine solution (similar to how wax is combined with morphine in extended release tablet formulations). Poppy seed tea has its merits but for me seems way more inconsistent than pod tea in terms of the euphoria department

I would try the espresso method if you have a stovetop espresso maker. If not they are dirt cheap and you can get it next day.

From my experience simmered pod tea felt dirty than the espresso maker tea (more like pod coffee). Perhaps the longer simmering liberates more noxious alkaloids into the solution.

Personally i never ingested the pod material or grounds, in the case of poppy pods "full spectrum" is not desirable.

I know you are a big seed fan, how would you compare it to PST?

Personally i found pod tea (or rather espresso pod coffee -- i had never heard of espresso pods at the time, in my mind I had invented it) to be faster acting, harder hitting, but shorter acting. My theory is that the process of vigorously shaking the naturally greasy poppy seeds in water produces liposomes that surround some of the morphine creating essentially an extended release morphine solution (similar to how wax is combined with morphine in extended release tablet formulations). Poppy seed tea has its merits but for me seems way more inconsistent than pod tea in terms of the euphoria department
Iv done quite a bit of searching on pod tea and as far as I can tell you are the only person to mention the espresso machine, so as far as I’m concerned it’s your tek, and is definitely the way to get the best tea, I’m just to lazy to powder and run a pound through the espresso machine

The thebaine issue with seeds can be reduced by not soaking the seeds, just knocking the alkaloids off the surface. I used to wash them in a large soda bottle full of grapefruit juice, strain and drink. The juice will go cloudy if there's any good stuff in there. Pods are better. I'll day it again though, I've kicked heroin, morphine, oxys and hydromorphone, and the fucking pod and seed wds were the worst. I ruined my stomach, multiple food allergies formed and I ended up diagnosed with celiac and diverticulitis. Now I've no proof it was triggered by the pod wds...but it happened after kicking them

Iv done quite a bit of searching on pod tea and as far as I can tell you are the only person to mention the espresso machine, so as far as I’m concerned it’s your tek, and is definitely the way to get the best tea, I’m just to lazy to powder and run a pound through the espresso machine
I haven’t heard of that either, and I’ve done pods for years, if I was gonna make tea, it sounds like a good idea, though I don’t have an espresso machine

I haven’t heard of that either, and I’ve done pods for years, if I was gonna make tea, it sounds like a good idea, though I don’t have an espresso machine
I’m wondering if I can use a crock pot to extract large amounts under pressure like the espresso machine ? I might give it a try on a small batch…or maybe just step up and order some lab equipment and just go full boar

The thebaine issue with seeds can be reduced by not soaking the seeds, just knocking the alkaloids off the surface. I used to wash them in a large soda bottle full of grapefruit juice, strain and drink. The juice will go cloudy if there's any good stuff in there. Pods are better. I'll day it again though, I've kicked heroin, morphine, oxys and hydromorphone, and the fucking pod and seed wds were the worst. I ruined my stomach, multiple food allergies formed and I ended up diagnosed with celiac and diverticulitis. Now I've no proof it was triggered by the pod wds...but it happened after kicking them
Them pesticides are thicker than lead ...

iv got a garden bed of tassy poppies in seedling stage atm.

they are so rewarding to grow, recommend to anyone, so easy if you have some land that gets good sun

i prepared the bed before by shoveling in some manure and compost, poppy likes to be planted on disturbed soil, in autumn or early spring depending on ur location

best threads on poppy growing are on the shroomery

i've tried PST which was kind of mild and felt pretty dirty, i got the seeds from the supermarket and i don't think they were very good.

i'm super interested in pods, which is why i'm growing bcos i live in australia, i thought the USA cracked down on the pod trade?

iv got a garden bed of tassy poppies in seedling stage atm.

they are so rewarding to grow, recommend to anyone, so easy if you have some land that gets good sun

i prepared the bed before by shoveling in some manure and compost, poppy likes to be planted on disturbed soil, in autumn or early spring depending on ur location

best threads on poppy growing are on the shroomery

i've tried PST which was kind of mild and felt pretty dirty, i got the seeds from the supermarket and i don't think they were very good.

i'm super interested in pods, which is why i'm growing bcos i live in australia, i thought the USA cracked down on the pod trade?
As of right now the best and most expensive pods are from Hawaii, there some from AZ/California that are good too

Man, I thought the era of pods ended around 2010-2012 when all the sources dried up. Is it back on?

Not asking for sources specifically, but I'm assuming this is all still clearnet and easy to research, as it was in the past? Or has it moved to darkweb?

R
Man, I thought the era of pods ended around 2010-2012 when all the sources dried up. Is it back on?

Not asking for sources specifically, but I'm assuming this is all still clearnet and easy to research, as it was in the past? Or has it moved to darkweb?
Regular old interwebs…like MHRB I’m sure it died down for a while after whatever busts took place then eventually people opened up shop again…beware there a couple scam sites, they will typically ask for a Zelle or PayPal non business transaction, both non refundable…if they won’t take a CC over the site be cautious…also scammers typically like to communicate through wickr

Last edited:

Yeah me too. Pods dried up around 2012 that's why i quit.

I switched to 800-1200mg/day of tramadol and didn't really feel any withdrawal from the pods. Not a big surprise, a gram of tramadol is not a small amount. In fact its a toxic amount. At that time tramadol wasnt schedule 4 and there were a ton US websites where you'd fill out a form and get a legally prescribed script of it FedEx'd to you.

Just finished boiling off my run that soaked for 24 hrs, well pulls 1&2 and have half of a small pickle jar of some insanely bitter black goop, could have let it dry out a little bit more but I don’t mind being able to just scoop out a tsp. Or whatever. Won’t know how potent it is till tomorrow when I take my first dose of the day but I think it’s safe to say it’s some strong shit! And I still have pulls 3&4 to simmer off, I’ll keep those pulls separate to see the difference in potency

I personally kinda prefer pod tea over heroin at this point in my life, I don’t know why but I just like the high better, so I’m just wondering If I’m a oddball or if there are other heroin addicts that actually prefer pod tea over heroin, and if so how many and maybe pod tea could be a good alternative maintanence to suboxone/methadone …
I would love t try it! im on Suboxone Maintanance..... I live in a tropical island, is it good for farming here, if soil is good? i can buy unwashed seeds like ive done before from some type of amazon site, so when pods grow, you basically throw them in bioling watere and make tea?