• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy pod/seed tea vs heroin

Pod tea or heroin

• Heroin

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Pod tea

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Heroin, your a moron for even asking

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
I personally kinda prefer pod tea over heroin at this point in my life, I don’t know why but I just like the high better, so I’m just wondering If I’m a oddball or if there are other heroin addicts that actually prefer pod tea over heroin, and if so how many and maybe pod tea could be a good alternative maintanence to suboxone/methadone …

I also prefer poppy tea (oral opium). Lasts much longer and is so comforting and warm. I don't IV so I'm sure IV heroin blows it away, but since I won't go there... poppy tea.

But I like methadone better. It's my favorite opioid of all I've tried. Similar to poppy tea but even longer lasting and heavier/warmer/more comfortable.

I was really cautious (mostly opiate naive) and it took me a while to "get" poppy tea, I was never sure if it was working; I often used FUBARS tea flask method (works & good idea), but then realised blending them into a smoothie seems to be just as effective.

Anyway I used to titrate up another 500mg of dried, powdered pods at a time, each time i tried, but then by around gram 4 I realised that they really, eventualy, became effective when I did 3-4. and then did another 3-4 if required.

I don't think opiates work properly on me. To me poppy tea just feels a bit like phenibut. Oral morphine & ketamine felt like a gluey "comforting" blanket wrapped around me that absolved all worries, but the ket made me very weary of, it realy highlighted an obvious danger from a higher place.

Last edited:
I was really cautious (mostly opiate naive) and it took me a while to "get" poppy tea, I was never sure if it was working; I often used FUBARS tea flask method (works & good idea), but then realised blending them into a smoothie seems to be just as effective.

Anyway I used to titrate up another 500mg of dried, powdered pods at a time, each time i tried, but then by around gram 4 I realised that they really, eventualy, became effective when I did 3-4. and then did another 3-4 if required.

I don't think opiates work properly on me. To me just feels a bit like phenibut.
i eat 5 grams of powdered pods at a time, but each batch is different strengths

6-8 is where im nodding for hours

Well it’s good to know I’m not alone in liking it more then dope, I think it could an effective way to kick dope, I know Iv been back in Vegas since Thursday and still haven’t bought any stuff, which really surprises me cause even with subs I’m sure I would have relapsed by now, it’s like the pods completely remove that constant thinking about heroin and wanting to buy some, and I don’t even get high everyday, occasionally I’ll take more tea at night for a little buzz but generally only do just enough to feel good and normal, which is prolly 5-6 medium size pods

i eat 5 grams of powdered pods at a time, but each batch is different strengths

6-8 is where im nodding for hours
5-6 grams of pod ? Shit I make tea out of 5-6 pods each weighing around 6-8g a piece…is eating the pods just more potent or do you have no tolerance to opiates ?

It wouldn't be that great for kicking btonbe honest. It's alkaloids vary all over the place batch to batch and due to the alkaloids you get extra symptoms which longer possibly linger than the morphine.
Lope, bupe or pregabs are the best imo for getting off opis.
I wouldn't take it for granted it's a great and easy way to taper. Many have tried and failed

It wouldn't be that great for kicking btonbe honest. It's alkaloids vary all over the place batch to batch and due to the alkaloids you get extra symptoms which longer possibly linger than the morphine.
Lope, bupe or pregabs are the best imo for getting off opis.
I wouldn't take it for granted it's a great and easy way to taper. Many have tried and failed
Makes sense, what I did was use sub/tramadol/kratom for the initial wd then used kratom for a couple weeks then switched over to pod tea, so for me atleast it makes a good post wd craving curber, I mean I have like no cravings for heroin. Which is pretty unusual for me

i think its a lot more potent, but also i don't have a huge tolerance no, i can get high off of 0.5 mg buprenorphine
Yea that’s a pretty low tolerance, I got a mortar and pestle somewhere I’m gonna try and find it and give the just crushed up pod a try

Coffee grinder works best otherwise scissors
Theyr so dry I can crush them up a good amount just by squeezing them, tryd a food processor and it works just takes a good amount of time resituating everything over and over, I like the mortar and pestal cause you can get a nice even powder pretty quickly with real dry plant matter

Last one.

I’m sorry but I just cannot see how the two are comparable. Pure, or close to it, heroin is just on a level of feel good that not too many opiates can reach.

My only thought is maybe I haven’t gotten good pods/seeds but I’ve tried enough sources to think I have, and my yields of alkaloids were high. It’s just still those other alkaloids dirty it up too much for me.

-GC

Last one.

I’m sorry but I just cannot see how the two are comparable. Pure, or close to it, heroin is just on a level of feel good that not too many opiates can reach.

My only thought is maybe I haven’t gotten good pods/seeds but I’ve tried enough sources to think I have, and my yields of alkaloids were high. It’s just still those other alkaloids dirty it up too much for me.

-GC
I can totally see where your comming from, pods arnt as in your face fucked up as heroin, not even close, however phenibut and pod tea can get you pretty fucked up, that was actually pretty comparable to heroin imo. Maybe I’m just not lookin for that full blown trashed high anymore and a nice mellow nod does it for me. I don’t know I really like pods and atm see no reason to cop some dope, planting some poppy’s soon can’t wait to harvest them

I can totally see where your comming from, pods arnt as in your face fucked up as heroin, not even close, however phenibut and pod tea can get you pretty fucked up, that was actually pretty comparable to heroin imo. Maybe I’m just not lookin for that full blown trashed high anymore and a nice mellow nod does it for me. I don’t know I really like pods and atm see no reason to cop some dope, planting some poppy’s soon can’t wait to harvest them

Im not either, that’s why I take suboxone. It gives me that bit of opiate feel I need without putting me in nodout territory.

And don’t get me wrong, having a pod habit is the much better choice. Heroin is amazing but no one should ever feel that good unless they’re facing certain death.

-GC

Im not either, that’s why I take suboxone. It gives me that bit of opiate feel I need without putting me in nodout territory.

And don’t get me wrong, having a pod habit is the much better choice. Heroin is amazing but no one should ever feel that good unless they’re facing certain death.

-GC
For some reason subs always made me feel ok but the desire to get high was always there and I would relaps every time on subs the second I got a chance, but the pods keep me content(so far) but I say whatever works for you, just about anything is better then a heroin habit I think

Well it’s good to know I’m not alone in liking it more then dope, I think it could an effective way to kick dope, I know Iv been back in Vegas since Thursday and still haven’t bought any stuff, which really surprises me cause even with subs I’m sure I would have relapsed by now, it’s like the pods completely remove that constant thinking about heroin and wanting to buy some, and I don’t even get high everyday, occasionally I’ll take more tea at night for a little buzz but generally only do just enough to feel good and normal, which is prolly 5-6 medium size pods

Not a good idea. Pods are mostly morphine which is a full agonist comparable to heroin. You're just substituting, and pods have a much more drawn out withdrawal.