• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy pod/seed tea vs heroin

Pod tea or heroin

• Heroin

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Pod tea

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Heroin, your a moron for even asking

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
i know im knew, just signed up to give some input, had a seed habit that made its way to 1-2kg a day over a few years.

first and most important thing is regarding temperature and ph. though studies are limited (and theyre all focused on spooky narcotic potential lol), a couple of studies have shown that hot water increases morphine yield with no effect on thebaine yield, while acidity significantly increases thebaine yield, over 2x the amount in some cases, with only a small increase in morphine yield. Hot water that is also acidic increases thebaine yield by an additional ~20% from room temp acidic water.

I know it's just one source but I'm lazy and you can find more if you dig a bit, theres not a tonne so they arent too hard to find.

Because of this I would recommend against using any kind of acid like lemon juice, and grapefruit juice instead of water is probably the worst possible thing you can do lol.

Seeing as yield from seeds is still somewhat low regardless, 120mg/kg, and toxicity in humans isn't known, with 4mg/kg causing convulsions in rhesus monkeys and 20-40mg/kg being the LD50 range for several animals it MIGHT not be too terrible, but harm reduction never hurts.

Freezers are also useful. Freezing and thawing pods a few times, though don't freeze them fully just get them frosty, will cause water to expand and contract and crystallise causing plant matter to bruise, giving alkaloids an easier time getting out. It won't work for seeds because seeds don't contain any alkaloids inside them, and will also let more cyanide out. It works significantly better for fresh pods, because plants open their glucose stores to protect from cold, both increasing osmotic pressure on alkaloids and allowing some out through cell walls to circulate. This also shouldn't significantly increase thebaine content as the main thing is it doesn't like water

I have also found that trying to evap water ends up making some kind of urea based crap. I don't know if that's me being useless or if there's some reaction going on but even if nothing is lost, smelling like piss is enough to put me off. Seeing as youve been steaming and boiling it for a day I probably did something wrong but might as well mention it.

Speaking of cyanide too, I believe .5kg-1kg of seeds is where it becomes a potential risk, and isn't a problem with pods (correct me if I'm wrong). Doing anything to compromise the integrity of the seeds, boiling, mashing, crushing, freezing etc., will increase this risk. I have also found soaking seeds does near nothing and makes it taste like milky rot, and the best method is vigorously shaking till you get the right colour, less than 5 minutes usually. Soaking will also signifcantly increase cyanide content as cyanide is very water soluble and once the seeds soften and soak through, you'll get a tonne more cyanide once it's able to get through the seeds. Multiple washes also increase the risk but I couldn't say how much. If you're using enough seeds (and enough water) just be wary.

Also re: legality, "seeking" any plant material, preparations, derivatives, alkaloids or salts excluding seeds is illegal in Canada. Possession and procurement are also obviously illegal, but be super careful with that "seeking". Growing is illegal in Australia without a license and one guy iirc was actually charged for having somniferum growing in his front yard so be careful. Cultivation in America is fucking stupid I guess. "Opium poppy and poppy straw" are Schedule II, as well as anything conceivably coming from it. Do with that what you will.

Hope this can help. Stay safe !

Great first post! Welcome. :)

Great first post! Welcome. :)
Thank you !

Also yes seeds are a total crapshoot lol. It depends on a thousand different factors that you have no way of knowing. Those factors also vary within the same brand and the same package, so there's no guarantee of a brand being good consistently, or of the package you have being the same quality all the way through. It even varies by season.

I may be spoiled living in the kingdom of poppies but store bought has never given me any trouble whatsoever. I don't know what quality is like around the world but I also have strong doubts about people selling both seeds and pods online. You can literally grow orientals and sell the seeds and pods online and nobody will be able to tell, and making a complaint requires incriminating yourself lol. It'd be like selling dried hemp for incense or something. If your customers complain about not getting high when they smoked it, you call them a moron because that's not what your product is even for.

i know im knew, just signed up to give some input, had a seed habit that made its way to 1-2kg a day over a few years.

first and most important thing is regarding temperature and ph. though studies are limited (and theyre all focused on spooky narcotic potential lol), a couple of studies have shown that hot water increases morphine yield with no effect on thebaine yield, while acidity significantly increases thebaine yield, over 2x the amount in some cases, with only a small increase in morphine yield. Hot water that is also acidic increases thebaine yield by an additional ~20% from room temp acidic water.

I know it's just one source but I'm lazy and you can find more if you dig a bit, theres not a tonne so they arent too hard to find.

Because of this I would recommend against using any kind of acid like lemon juice, and grapefruit juice instead of water is probably the worst possible thing you can do lol.

Seeing as yield from seeds is still somewhat low regardless, 120mg/kg, and toxicity in humans isn't known, with 4mg/kg causing convulsions in rhesus monkeys and 20-40mg/kg being the LD50 range for several animals it MIGHT not be too terrible, but harm reduction never hurts.

Freezers are also useful. Freezing and thawing pods a few times, though don't freeze them fully just get them frosty, will cause water to expand and contract and crystallise causing plant matter to bruise, giving alkaloids an easier time getting out. It won't work for seeds because seeds don't contain any alkaloids inside them, and will also let more cyanide out. It works significantly better for fresh pods, because plants open their glucose stores to protect from cold, both increasing osmotic pressure on alkaloids and allowing some out through cell walls to circulate. This also shouldn't significantly increase thebaine content as the main thing is it doesn't like water

I have also found that trying to evap water ends up making some kind of urea based crap. I don't know if that's me being useless or if there's some reaction going on but even if nothing is lost, smelling like piss is enough to put me off. Seeing as youve been steaming and boiling it for a day I probably did something wrong but might as well mention it.

Speaking of cyanide too, I believe .5kg-1kg of seeds is where it becomes a potential risk, and isn't a problem with pods (correct me if I'm wrong). Doing anything to compromise the integrity of the seeds, boiling, mashing, crushing, freezing etc., will increase this risk. I have also found soaking seeds does near nothing and makes it taste like milky rot, and the best method is vigorously shaking till you get the right colour, less than 5 minutes usually. Soaking will also signifcantly increase cyanide content as cyanide is very water soluble and once the seeds soften and soak through, you'll get a tonne more cyanide once it's able to get through the seeds. Multiple washes also increase the risk but I couldn't say how much. If you're using enough seeds (and enough water) just be wary.

Also re: legality, "seeking" any plant material, preparations, derivatives, alkaloids or salts excluding seeds is illegal in Canada. Possession and procurement are also obviously illegal, but be super careful with that "seeking". Growing is illegal in Australia without a license and one guy iirc was actually charged for having somniferum growing in his front yard so be careful. Cultivation in America is fucking stupid I guess. "Opium poppy and poppy straw" are Schedule II, as well as anything conceivably coming from it. Do with that what you will.

Hope this can help. Stay safe !
Good shit , my most recent batch I didn’t acidify the water cause I was just to lazy and the end product did have a better high

On a separate note, I had to fly back east again and the week leading up to my flight I started using maybe 20 a day for 2-3 days then ultimately ended up doing a gram before my flight, So naturally I took a little bit of dope with me on the plane and mailed back my poppy extract thinking this will be a good test of its potency, of course my package got delayed a couple days so it dosent arrive till today instead of the 6th, had 2 horrible days of wd inside feeling like week old spoiled milk, all the good shit…just took a tsp and a half a hour ago and I’m starting to feel normal again, I always had I doubt in my mind that I might be placeboing myself and the pods are really bunk, but now can say with 100% certainty there is morphine in these pods. With this revelation I was hoping a mod can remove this thread, I don’t want to put any more attention on these vendors

Last edited:
Im not either, that’s why I take suboxone. It gives me that bit of opiate feel I need without putting me in nodout territory.

And don’t get me wrong, having a pod habit is the much better choice. Heroin is amazing but no one should ever feel that good unless they’re facing certain death.

-GC

Heroin is amazing but no one should ever feel that good unless they’re facing certain death.” Wow that’s a first , I never heard a person say anything like that before ,lol

Is pod WD really that bad? I mean that as a genuine question?

I've only been on pods for 32 days, of which I've had 3 days off. Before that I'd only been on Oramorph 160mg daily for about 3 months. My use isn't really for physical pain, I'm not going to lie, Morphine or pods. My oramorph usage (which is prescribed) has dropped a lot probably halved since I've been using pods.

The problem I have is that between the effects of Oramorph, (I'm also long term prescribed Diazepam, Currently 40mg daily). The euphoric effects of pods are considerably more potent, felt way more through the day than the Morphine.

I've bought 13.5 kg (30lbs) of pods, with seeds in a month. Working out that the pod matter is approximately 40-45% of the weight. I've kept a diary of all meds, including stuff like Cyclizine, grapefruit, Diazepam, dxm, oramorph and pods so I can see what I'm doing. I've had 820g, just under 2lbs of pods in a month.

The problem is that pods are very easy to get hold off and not very expensive and apparently the market price for Oramorph locally is pretty high 🤷‍♂️. So it would be very easy for someone to comfortably finance it.

I am concerned about the WD effects as I know this isn't going to last forever and the reason I ended up taking Morphine then easily piggybacking onto pods was to drown out what has been a mentally nightmare of a year.

I always blend a whole batch of pods before getting so I know I'm getting better consistency. I'm currently taking about 30g a day and this has only increased by 5-10g depending on which ones I'm using.

I keep seeing kratom mentioned, I don't think that this is available or know if suitable.

I am concerned already and don't want to be totally stuck in a hole but I'm nowhere near close to mentally have the strength to change this habit that's fallen into my lap.

Not sure if I'm asking a question or almost writing a ramble stroke diary entry!!! Well done if you got through my waffle.

Is pod WD really that bad? I mean that as a genuine question?

I've only been on pods for 32 days, of which I've had 3 days off. Before that I'd only been on Oramorph 160mg daily for about 3 months. My use isn't really for physical pain, I'm not going to lie, Morphine or pods. My oramorph usage (which is prescribed) has dropped a lot probably halved since I've been using pods.

The problem I have is that between the effects of Oramorph, (I'm also long term prescribed Diazepam, Currently 40mg daily). The euphoric effects of pods are considerably more potent, felt way more through the day than the Morphine.

I've bought 13.5 kg (30lbs) of pods, with seeds in a month. Working out that the pod matter is approximately 40-45% of the weight. I've kept a diary of all meds, including stuff like Cyclizine, grapefruit, Diazepam, dxm, oramorph and pods so I can see what I'm doing. I've had 820g, just under 2lbs of pods in a month.

The problem is that pods are very easy to get hold off and not very expensive and apparently the market price for Oramorph locally is pretty high 🤷‍♂️. So it would be very easy for someone to comfortably finance it.

I am concerned about the WD effects as I know this isn't going to last forever and the reason I ended up taking Morphine then easily piggybacking onto pods was to drown out what has been a mentally nightmare of a year.

I always blend a whole batch of pods before getting so I know I'm getting better consistency. I'm currently taking about 30g a day and this has only increased by 5-10g depending on which ones I'm using.

I keep seeing kratom mentioned, I don't think that this is available or know if suitable.

I am concerned already and don't want to be totally stuck in a hole but I'm nowhere near close to mentally have the strength to change this habit that's fallen into my lap.

Not sure if I'm asking a question or almost writing a ramble stroke diary entry!!! Well done if you got through my waffle.
I go through about a lb a week, roughly, so it’s still significantly cheaper then dope for me. It is a hard habit to break once you been doing it a couple weeks, just like vaping on foil you will start to get addicted to the process of extracting it knowing your medicine is on the other end, good luck man

I go through about a lb a week, roughly, so it’s still significantly cheaper then dope for me. It is a hard habit to break once you been doing it a couple weeks, just like vaping on foil you will start to get addicted to the process of extracting it knowing your medicine is on the other end, good luck man
How long before your tolerance changed? Mine seems to be quite slow which is good. How long you been on em for?

At the minute the process is frustrating, I don't mind breaking up, separating the seeds, getting rid of the hard top cap and the spiky bottom bits. Issue I've got is finding enough underbed storage and I'm grinding using a coffee blender, so the in-tray is stacking up faster than the out tray is.

I've also started saving yesterday's dried leftovers (got no reason to yet but 🤷‍♂️) and then mixing in 25-30g into that.

Apart from here I don't know anyone else who does em. Plus the amount of lemon juice I'm going through and hunting out white grapefruits!!!!

How long before your tolerance changed? Mine seems to be quite slow which is good. How long you been on em for?

At the minute the process is frustrating, I don't mind breaking up, separating the seeds, getting rid of the hard top cap and the spiky bottom bits. Issue I've got is finding enough underbed storage and I'm grinding using a coffee blender, so the in-tray is stacking up faster than the out tray is.

I've also started saving yesterday's dried leftovers (got no reason to yet but 🤷‍♂️) and then mixing in 25-30g into that.

Apart from here I don't know anyone else who does em. Plus the amount of lemon juice I'm going through and hunting out white grapefruits!!!!
You really don’t need the acid to extract as a poster mentioned, easily figured out through experimenting..just OJ to make the tea less bitter, I been using them everyday for about 3-4ish months, but I like to get high so I take larger then necessary doses kind of often…how long do you soak/simmer your pods ? I find 24hr gives the best product if not powdered, if powdered I’m sure you could get away with a couple hours, but breaking up a lb is enough of a pain in the ass let alone powdering it

You really don’t need the acid to extract as a poster mentioned, easily figured out through experimenting..just OJ to make the tea less bitter, I been using them everyday for about 3-4ish months, but I like to get high so I take larger then necessary doses kind of often…how long do you soak/simmer your pods ? I find 24hr gives the best product if not powdered, if powdered I’m sure you could get away with a couple hours, but breaking up a lb is enough of a pain in the ass let alone powdering it
I do say 30g powdered as fine as possible, I've found using citric brings it on much quicker and lasts longer, I now mix fresh white grapefruits and lemon juice about 50/50. So it's covered the bottom of a large saucepan and goes clumpy, sometimes put a squeezed orange in to. I put about another 200ml of very hot water and Simmer for 40 minutes. Then I use a sieve and mesh squeeze it all out til it's dry. Then repeat again but with bit less lemon and Simmer for 30-40 minutes, squeeze it all out, put some sugar in on 2nd cook about 20 minutes in. Squeeze it out again, using sieve, fine mesh and back of a spoon.

Haven't thought of not grinding or weighing 1st tbh. I sometimes have say 20-30mg oramorph about hour before, with 15mg diazepam and sometimes even another white grapefruit. Then about 30 minutes in, I'll have another 20-30mg oramorph. Seems to kick in pretty quickly soon as I take the 2nd lot of liquid morphine.

I've even just used white grapefruit lol, took about 10, used 20g and blew my head off

Getting a large seed collection building up!!! Not sure what to do with them yet

Cheers matey

I'm guessing you in US or Canada cos you using lbs, dunno how much you pay there but you'll get way more outta it by blending it. I've bought, 22lbs from 1 supplier in either, roughly 2lb or 4lb bags and it come to $445. Unless your growing it aren't you paying way more than that?

I'm guessing you in US or Canada cos you using lbs, dunno how much you pay there but you'll get way more outta it by blending it. I've bought, 22lbs from 1 supplier in either, roughly 2lb or 4lb bags and it come to $445. Unless your growing it aren't you paying way more than that?
Roughly, depending on the vendor, typically 150$ per lb, but do plan to grow some soon. But I could easily burn through 120$ a day in dope so it’s by far less expensive and leaves my savings Intact…from the price it sound like your pods are comming from Hawaii via CO ? But I have powdered it with a espresso grinder to very fine powder, if you soak long enough your yield will ultimately be the same, pretty much extract n smash till the good shits gone

Last edited:
Roughly, depending on the vendor, typically 150$ per lb, but do plan to grow some soon. But I could easily burn through 120$ a day in dope so it’s by far less expensive and leaves my savings Intact…from the price it sound like your pods are comming from Hawaii via CO ? But I have powdered it with a espresso grinder to very fine powder, if you soak long enough your yield will ultimately be the same, pretty much extract n smash till the good shits gone
I'm in England and all English poppies, so all legal here 🤷‍♂️ speaking to few people who have been on pods for ages apparently I'm in 1 of the luckiest countries for poppies.

He put me onto what he said was the best ones his ever had anywhere, that cost me 105USD for a lb, there was a mess up with order and as a sorry he sent me the best of what he has, not for sale, still using it tbh, I'm trying to not get too adjusted and with those I'm now taking 25-30g a go and stronger but not that much different to the $20 a lb ones.

I think the expensive ones were Tasmanian ones but they just sell them grown here in garden and decor shops 🤷‍♂️

I'm in England and all English poppies, so all legal here 🤷‍♂️ speaking to few people who have been on pods for ages apparently I'm in 1 of the luckiest countries for poppies.

He put me onto what he said was the best ones his ever had anywhere, that cost me 105USD for a lb, there was a mess up with order and as a sorry he sent me the best of what he has, not for sale, still using it tbh, I'm trying to not get too adjusted and with those I'm now taking 25-30g a go and stronger but not that much different to the $20 a lb ones.

I think the expensive ones were Tasmanian ones but they just sell them grown here in garden and decor shops 🤷‍♂️
Drop me a pm I’m interested

Honestly the duration and general feels of pod tea is an unbeatable opiate experience. This makes since because pods have the natural alkaloids. I like the whole process of making the tea, drinking the tea and just relaxing. It’s absolutely perfect.

I used to be heavily into poppy pods and seeds. I had been given Percocet for a herniated disc, and then I had back surgery to fix it (didn’t work) and so they kept giving me the percs. But once they found out I was abusing them (of course) they stopped giving them to me, abruptly. But I was still in pain, and now WD besides! So I went online and ordered poppy pods (this was quite long ago, and they were still widely available. They’d be disguised as “decorative” but if you knew which vendor to use, you could get the ones with all the active alkaloids.) in the beginning, I’d grind them to powder in a small coffee grinder I had, and put the plant matter into capsules (I never learnt to toss and wash.) then I’d dose and I’d have enough to redose throughout the day. However, the plant matter most definitely didn’t agree with my stomach, and the thebaine often made me feel sick.

The pods disappeared from the market, so I switched to seeds. You had to get SPECIFICALLY unwashed seeds; I remember at one point Bob’s Red Mill had these unwashed seeds, in bulk! Then they “cleaned up” and the seeds weren’t any good anymore, so I had to order from a specialty store. I’d pour some into a clean, empty soda bottle and fill the rest of the way with water and shake vigorously for quite a while. Then I’d use a metal strainer to pour the dirty-looking water into a mug. Omg, I can still remember how disgusting this tasted, even after I added sugar and flavoring, etc. And the problem with seeds is, even if you use the same amount every time, you may still get a much stronger or weaker effect than you were hoping for. That’s why seeds are so risky; you can’t REALLY get exactly the same dose every time. I threw up a lot, both from the taste and because I went into a mild OD.

Eventually I was caught (was living with my ex-husband and his bitch of a mom who has not a scrap of empathy) and I switched to kratom, but that wasn’t doing it for me, so I sought out heroin.

THIS IS WHY the war on drugs is so fucked up; they take your meds away, wtf do they expect you to do?! OF COURSE you’re gonna source on the street. So basically it DRIVES people to do something illegal. This makes me furious to this day.

But I liked heroin A LOT more. No disgusting taste. I was able to gauge the potency of each bag before doing my full dose. And it just simply FELT BETTER. My pain disappeared, and so did my anxiety. I felt light and floaty and warm. Geez, I’m making myself miss it! Not so good 😂

heroin is kinda dull (relatively), although i've done ZERO opioids i.v. or i.m.

poppy pod extract (i used to use wine) is HEADS AND TAILS above heroin, based upon my little experience with h.

not sure what i'd pick, dilaudid vs poppy pod extract... both are tops. i (hopefully) will never touch either, ever again... too risky and i've got ppl that rely on me. the poppy tea lasted longer, iirc (this was probably like 15 years ago when i did any of the hard opioids).

shit, even suboxone was better than heroin, imo. and i snorted the h, ate the sub.

I like opium tea a lot. It was so long ago in my opiate using career that it's hard for me to remember the nuances but I will say it was the only opiate I've taken that gave me lucid dreams, where I would snap in and out of alternate realities. They were usually somewhat black and white these dreams or at least muted colours Very bizarre, I would start talking to friends but spewing nonsense because I would be in the dream but then I would snap awake and realize where I was. I really hated getting a batch that was a thebaine bomb. Really killed the experience though.