• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy pod/seed tea vs heroin

Pod tea or heroin

• Heroin

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Pod tea

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Heroin, your a moron for even asking

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Drank a couple more cups of tea from the espresso machine and feeling gooood, not using the espresso machine feels like a waist now it’s crazy how much more potent it is, I wonder if the 15bar pressure is extracting better or if I was over boiling and ruining the morphine ? Either way if your into pod tea you have to get a 15bar espresso machine, we’ll worth it

I think it’s safe to say the espresso machine is so far the best way to extract the pods, I found a old espresso grinder that grinds the pods into almost a powder and run it through two double shot cycles, gonna try just eating 5 grams of the fine powder and see how that works tomorrow but I like the espresso machine cause I can just add it into my morning coffee through the same machine real easily

So it worked huh.

Yeah i would brew it daily. How many grams did you use?

I am surprised I had never heard of espresso poppy pod tea, I just tried it one day and it worked great. I used the largest size stove top espresso maker since i filled the funnel to the brim (having a pretty good sized tolerance). Would make a dark and fiercely bitter brew, good stuff, very strong.

Yeah simmering it is a waste, the espresso method works well given the steam extraction of the pod grounds under significant pressure, which gets out all the morphine/codeine pretty much. People will say its too hot, but not true at all, morphine is pretty sturdy.

So it worked huh.

Yeah i would brew it daily. How many grams did you use?

I am surprised I had never heard of espresso poppy pod tea, I just tried it one day and it worked great. I used the largest size stove top espresso maker since i filled the funnel to the brim (having a pretty good sized tolerance). Would make a dark and fiercely bitter brew, good stuff, very strong.
Yea worked a lot better than I expected, I made prolly 20ish grams and am in a good place right now, thanks for the tip prolly cut my pod cost in half tbh

I personally kinda prefer pod tea over heroin at this point in my life, I don’t know why but I just like the high better, so I’m just wondering If I’m a oddball or if there are other heroin addicts that actually prefer pod tea over heroin, and if so how many and maybe pod tea could be a good alternative maintanence to suboxone/methadone …
I voted heroin simply because i never got high from seeds but ive only tried once and it was a few days ago , i swallowd about a mouthful of liquid from 10 ounces of poppy seeds that i got off the net,

I voted heroin simply because i never got high from seeds but ive only tried once and it was a few days ago , i swallowd about a mouthful of liquid from 10 ounces of poppy seeds that i got off the net,
Yea seeds seem to be hit and miss..I like pods a lot more then seeds. I think your tolerance has to be pretty low to really enjoy pods and maybe even more so with seeds, I know with pods I can get really fucked up if I want too, like really high, and like the high more, don’t get me wrong I like heroin I used it for 8ish years up to a couple grams a day, and I think at one point I got a QP of pods and remember thinking they were bogus cause they didn’t do anything, but everyone has their preferences

There is a tehcnique to make good seed tea. I would get one of those 64 (or maybe 128?) ounce Gatorades, the biggest size bottle, and pour out half the liquid in a separate container, then stick my dose in (I was doing 1.5 to 2 pounds but had a killer tolerance). Shake for 5 minutes very constantly and vigorously, then slightly unscrew the cap like a half turn, and squeeze the liquid through the bottle, it acts as a filter against the seeds coming out. Room temperature water is best, hot water will make the seeds reabsorb stuff and release the oils too much which fucks with it. Then do another wash with the other half of the gatorade. Give it another 5 minutes of vigorous shaking and squeeze out. I found only the first 2 washes really were worth it, the vast majority it in the first wash. I found this was the best way. Those Gatorade containers are really conveniently shaped too, they have an indentation like a narrow waist in the middle which is great to grip while you shake, and you can bend the bottom into a sort of squeeze handle (not sure how to explain better really) when you're squeezing it out.

Using that method with the good seeds of old that I would get real cheap from a salvage grocery store nearby, I would nod all day on that shit. My absolute favorite, except for methadone, which I like even better, but never got to try until much more recently. I love long lasting stuff I can function on and I don't IV, so that is a factor for sure.

There is a tehcnique to make good seed tea. I would get one of those 64 (or maybe 128?) ounce Gatorades, the biggest size bottle, and pour out half the liquid in a separate container, then stick my dose in (I was doing 1.5 to 2 pounds but had a killer tolerance). Shake for 5 minutes very constantly and vigorously, then slightly unscrew the cap like a half turn, and squeeze the liquid through the bottle, it acts as a filter against the seeds coming out. Room temperature water is best, hot water will make the seeds reabsorb stuff and release the oils too much which fucks with it. Then do another wash with the other half of the gatorade. Give it another 5 minutes of vigorous shaking and squeeze out. I found only the first 2 washes really were worth it, the vast majority it in the first wash. I found this was the best way. Those Gatorade containers are really conveniently shaped too, they have an indentation like a narrow waist in the middle which is great to grip while you shake, and you can bend the bottom into a sort of squeeze handle (not sure how to explain better really) when you're squeezing it out.

Using that method with the good seeds of old that I would get real cheap from a salvage grocery store nearby, I would nod all day on that shit. My absolute favorite, except for methadone, which I like even better, but never got to try until much more recently. I love long lasting stuff I can function on and I don't IV, so that is a factor for sure.
This sounds much easier to do , when I heard tea I naturally thought heating was needed,it left a layer of something under the water which looked foul 😄 ,it kinda put you off from drinking it with any confidence. I’ll give it another try using Gatorade , so its basically a very though wash and not a tea.

They're both wonderful in different ways... I will say that after a long period maintaining on poppy tea, I switched back to heroin but used leftover poppy products for plane trips, and was surprised at how uniquely pleasant the euphoria of the tea still was (as long as I took enough).

This sounds much easier to do , when I heard tea I naturally thought heating was needed,it left a layer of something under the water which looked foul 😄 ,it kinda put you off from drinking it with any confidence. I’ll give it another try using Gatorade , so its basically a very though wash and not a tea.

Correct, it's a wash, people say "tea" but that's misleading I guess. Yeah that nasty layer was the oils having been extracted from the seeds. Not what you want.

Was finally able to make an extract that would run on foil, pretty much evaporated off the espresso pod extract then to get the hard resin out of the pot I used 70% iso and for whatever reason a bunch of shit wouldn’t dissolve in the iso so i just kept them separate, the stuff in the iso evaporated into a stiff resin and the stuff that wouldn’t dissolve was more like a play dough consistency which had no taste, the resin had a very bitter taste so I figure all the alkaloids are in there, only smoked a tiny bit to see if it would run so now I’m gonna just vape a bunch of it and see what happens

I wonder if the play dough-like stuff is just fats?

I don’t know, I vaped a little and feel different, can’t believe I’m gonna do this but I’m gonna dissolve it in a little water and use a enema to try that rout since it a pretty high BA for morphine

So how long should it take for it to kick in bungholy ? Did it about 15-20 min ago and I don’t know if I’m placeboing myself but it seems to be working pretty damn good

Ok never mind, I’m high as shit, only did maybe 1-2 pods worth or 10-15 grams but can’t be sure I didn’t weigh the starting material, I will next time, I can’t keep my head up, I’ll prolly end up going to lay in bed for a while, almost feel like I’m gonna puke…

Morphine has a way higher BA rectally than orally, like up to 3.5x as much (though the ranges are pretty large... wiki lists oral as 20-40% and rectal as 36-71%). I'd certainly count on twice as strong at least.

Hey check back in and let us know you're okay...

Idk what the play dough stuff is but I do know it’s not soluble in alcohols well and a non-polar wash didn’t get it either but is very soluble in water.

It’s this stuff that gives opium and related extracts it’s gummy texture. I was using methanol to help better separate this stuff out but it sounds like isopropyl might be an even better solution.

-GC

Idk what the play dough stuff is but I do know it’s not soluble in alcohols well and a non-polar wash didn’t get it either but is very soluble in water.

It’s this stuff that gives opium and related extracts it’s gummy texture. I was using methanol to help better separate this stuff out but it sounds like isopropyl might be an even better solution.

-GC
I picked up some 91% iso to try, hopefully it will leave behind more of whatever that gunk is, I knew there had to be a way to make pods more practical, think I’ll put the 91% iso in the freezer and see if I can separate more stuff

so froze the 91% iso then used the cold iso to do a 10-15min soak on powdered pods from the espresso grinder, so a pretty fine powder. Then I filtered with my old bubble bags, did 220u then 120u and finally either 25 or 45u can’t remember what the last bag is. Let the iso evaporate off and left with a tan bitter powder, think I’ll try it tomorrow morning to get a more accurate idea of how potent it is, might snort it or plug it. gonna order some 99% iso since I can’t get that here in Vegas at Walgreens

i eat 5 grams of powdered pods at a time, but each batch is different strengths

6-8 is where im nodding for hours
Are you literally just blending to powder and eating? When making tea how much did youuse grams wise, I know or it depends on strength but what sort of range??? Cos if it is that much stronger eating rather than tea I might try. I'm very new to poppies, only done maybe 10x total in about 2 weeks. I have got quite a high opiate tolerance. I'm using 25-30g for a pod tea.

Is there issues with toxins not removed by heating?

Curious now, because if it safe to use this way and trying to workout how much less is needed compared to tea. By the end of the week, I should have 1-2 kilos of ground pods this week and roughly the same or more in seeds.

Cheers matey