• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy pod/seed tea vs heroin

Pod tea or heroin

• Heroin

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Pod tea

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Heroin, your a moron for even asking

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
So far the best way Iv found is grinding it up in an espresso grinder to a fine powder then running it through the espresso machine, then run that water through some bubble bags, I just got a 5 bag kit for $40 from Amazon, it’s 220, 160, 120, 73, 25ug, if you evaporate off all the water you’ll have a tan powder that you can actually see crystals shining in, what those crystals are I have no clue but I hope it morphine…unfortunately that only really works for small amounts at a time, if your doing a pound you pretty much have to break the pods down as best you can and then simmer for a couple hours then filter and evaporate

Last edited:
Here is my take. I wouldn't contemplate using heroin unless I were self-administering on a makeshift emergency cot or something because I was not allowed to use a hospital for some odd reason in a horrible emergency

I might not be able to even get it in that far fetched sitch.

I would however drink poppy tea right now or smoke opium if it were in front of me

A little bad taste never bothered me if it means getting a good high. Then again I've densensitized myself over the years by dosing RC psychedelics by putting the powder on my tongue and purposely letting myself taste it. It used to make me struggle to not vomit, now it's just an interesting sensation I can compartmentalize that doesn't actually bother me. I might just be a freak though.

It’s a bitter taste, can be really bitter if you make it concentrated enough, but orange juice seems to neutralize it pretty good, for really strong drinks I add orange juice and a bit of lemon juice..been thinking about getting some capsules and putting the crystaly powder in them and just dosing that way

No H for years now.
If the tme comes....
love

edit:
Tread carefully man, I know it’s easy to look at it as there just pods and legal to buy so how good can it be, but the truth is it’s morphine if you’ve had an opiate problem before you’ll almost certainly have a problem with pods

Tread carefully man

All im revealing doin is karatom and a bit of phenibut... and aleve. it works somehow most times. for years with a once or twice a year "breaK'. life can be troublesome to some. ;)
found something else and am startin to get into it pretty hard.... imean info on it... but the buz is good too. lol

Are you literally just blending to powder and eating? When making tea how much did youuse grams wise, I know or it depends on strength but what sort of range??? Cos if it is that much stronger eating rather than tea I might try. I'm very new to poppies, only done maybe 10x total in about 2 weeks. I have got quite a high opiate tolerance. I'm using 25-30g for a pod tea.

Is there issues with toxins not removed by heating?

Curious now, because if it safe to use this way and trying to workout how much less is needed compared to tea. By the end of the week, I should have 1-2 kilos of ground pods this week and roughly the same or more in seeds.

Cheers matey
Id say it’s safer the way I do it, because you can measure exact doses, and you don’t have worry as much about mold.

Yes, I put pods in a coffee grinder and toss and wash like I do with kratom

I recommend grinding a whole kilo all at once, then mix all the powder together, that way, every time you weight out a dose, it will always be the same potency.

I don’t think there are toxins in pods, unless we’re counting morphine and codeine as toxins, in which case, the more toxic the better?

I’d say it’s atleast twice as strong this way, but your eating the thebaine too this way. Thebaine isn’t water soluble, so when you make tea your not using the thebaine. It won’t get you high, but it has it’s own physical addiction independent to the morphine and stuff

Careful though, pods are actually MORE physically addictive than heroin for a lot of people, 10 times in a fourteen day period is actually a lot

I believe one gram is equal to about 10 mg of morphine, unless I’m wrong, you’re eating 250-300 mg of morphine a day, which is about the equivalent of 30 mg of pure heroin intravenously, but with the other alkaloids added in.

Last edited:
I picked up like 50 pods. Brewed 2 doses today, the first one made me think they were bunk, because it didn't taste AT ALL bitter and the tea was pretty light colored. Also the pods are smaller than I expected, but seem to clearly be papaver somniferum, unless there are related species that look very similar. I consumed the tea and ground plant material and it made my stomach feel full of expanding plant matter... which it was. I did feel a little bit, so after 3 hours I brewed some more. Total 14 grams. Took some hours but I am feeling it for sure, disappointed with the strength though, I also took a little kratom eventually but it was my only kratom of the day and I realized I feel quite high now. Stomach still feels bloated though. Thinking maybe I shouldn't have consumed the plant material.

The reason I'm not fond of it is it tastes revolting.
It tastes fine to me, and I eat straight pods. I eat 40 grams of kratom a day, but I don’t think thats why. I also use morning glory seeds sublingually (doing them that way prevents nausea)

Now kratom extract, or dream herb tea, or Syrian rue tea, those taste BAD

Iv got a lb brewin right now, just gotta run it through my bubble bags then simmer it off to a nice goop which I’ll dose by the tsp. I have another lb commin in the mail in a couple days for a friend of my dads, I gave him some and the next day he said he never slept so good and was in no pain, told him to order a lb and send it to my house and I’ll make him some resin

oh man this is starting to bring the fiend back
ill try it for experience but will do much research and answers to be had befor my exp. :)

oh man this is starting to bring the fiend back
ill try it for experience but will do much research and answers to be had befor my exp. :)
unfortunately there not a whole lot out there on pods to research, Iv been kinda trial and erroring my way through it, I’m feeling a little too lazy to finish my tea tonight tho so I’m just gonna let it sit overnight and finish tomorrow, wonder if letting it sit all night will yield a more potent brew, we’ll find out tomorrow

Kicking pod tea was vicious. Prolonged nasty wds. Seeds - it takes a large amount for a wash. I would never do either again. The kick is not worth the high. Edit: read this and immediately had the desire the to get some pods.

Kicking pod tea was vicious. Prolonged nasty wds.
Absolutely. I do sincerely NOT recommend using opium poppies (in whatever form) so regularly as to develop a physical dependence.
The plant has a very complex chemistry and unlike its derivatives, for reasons still not sufficiently understood, opium withdrawal (as well as opium overdose in fact) can cause myocarditis and on occasion even fatal infarctions. So caution is advised with the stuff.

Yeah the poppy has something like 32 alkaloids in it, and the only ones that are really very studied are morphine, codeine and thebaine. Thebaine is rather nasty, causing increased heart rate and in overdose can lead to seizures, but the percentage is quite low in most poppies except for those bred for high thebaine content (for use in the pharma industry as a precursor).

The other alkaloids are virtually unknowns as far as I know but they certainly appear to contribute to an "entourage effect" that makes the effects of poppies/opium different from pure morphine/codeine. One of the differences is an increased duration and slower onset.