• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy pod/seed tea vs heroin

Pod tea or heroin

• Heroin

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Pod tea

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Heroin, your a moron for even asking

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
I would love t try it! im on Suboxone Maintanance..... I live in a tropical island, is it good for farming here, if soil is good? i can buy unwashed seeds like ive done before from some type of amazon site, so when pods grow, you basically throw them in bioling watere and make tea?
Ya, .org make opium by cutting them, you could make heroin or morphine out of em too

Ya, .org make opium by cutting them, you could make heroin or morphine out of em too
so i can make a 4x4 space in my backyard and plant some poppies so i can make tea you sayin hahaha NICE! ive been looking for a natural remedy!! im sure my parnts (im 27 but they have a ranch thats why i metion them lol) wont mind if i ask for a patch to grow my own poppies and basil and tomatoes around it

so i can make a 4x4 space in my backyard and plant some poppies so i can make tea you sayin hahaha NICE! ive been looking for a natural remedy!! im sure my parnts (im 27 but they have a ranch thats why i metion them lol) wont mind if i ask for a patch to grow my own poppies and basil and tomatoes around it
You should grow a field of it

It might be illegal in your area, I don’t know, here it’s legal to grow, but not to harvest

Actually, if you just cut off the stalks whole and dry them, that’s legal, but not making tea or opium out of them, or powdering them

i don't know of anywhere that growing poppies is illegal, it would be pretty hard to enforce since the ornamental varieties looks similar to papaver somniferum, and PS is grown ornamentally as well.

its not sus to cut stalks because you do that anyway to collect the seeds for baking/growing more poppies, or for a flower arrangement of dried stalks

as for growing poppies in your region, i would just google it, if nobody grows poppies in your country and wrote about it online then you might struggle doing outdoor growing.

So took about a tsp. Of the resin and it’s pretty strong and I have a shitload of it, soaking for 24hr seems to really increase yield by a lot and make a more potent extract, but this is with just hand crushed pods not powdered

I would try the espresso method if you have a stovetop espresso maker. If not they are dirt cheap and you can get it next day.

From my experience simmered pod tea felt dirty than the espresso maker tea (more like pod coffee). Perhaps the longer simmering liberates more noxious alkaloids into the solution.

Personally i never ingested the pod material or grounds, in the case of poppy pods "full spectrum" is not desirable.

I know you are a big seed fan, how would you compare it to PST?

Personally i found pod tea (or rather espresso pod coffee -- i had never heard of espresso pods at the time, in my mind I had invented it) to be faster acting, harder hitting, but shorter acting. My theory is that the process of vigorously shaking the naturally greasy poppy seeds in water produces liposomes that surround some of the morphine creating essentially an extended release morphine solution (similar to how wax is combined with morphine in extended release tablet formulations). Poppy seed tea has its merits but for me seems way more inconsistent than pod tea in terms of the euphoria department

I have had far better experiences off of seed tea but pretty sure these are terrible pods. The second time I tried, with the whole dose all at once, I barely felt anything. Not sure why I felt more the time before. My seed tea experiences with good seeds were a strong, very euphoric, nodding sort of thing, undeniable in terms of effects, best opiate high I've had sometimes. I'd like to try good pods but they're expensive and I would have to order so much, and I'm trying to get off opiates again, so alas, it is not to be.

I discovered poppy pods about 18 years ago. First time I did the pods I thought 2 things: 1) HOLY SHIT! This is like taking a couple percs but it lasts SO LONG. 2) I'm going to be in BIG fucking trouble with this stuff. I did some with a neighbor and the next day he called to me over the fence "I'm still fucked up!" Ah, good times...

I did poppy pod tea for about a year every day. I started waking up in the mornings sick as hell and the pods weren't doing much anymore. I stopped cold turkey. The WDs were ABSOLUTE HELL. After about a week and a half with no relief in sight I went into the hospital. That's where I got my first Suboxone which I am still on to this day. At first I'd get a nice buzz from the subs but that eventually stopped, but it absolutely has killed my cravings for opies. A poppy pod habit is no joke. Not at all. I would def not use as a tapering material. You're likely to grow a bigger monkey than your opiate of choice.

I'd do my pods by grinding to a fine powder and put boiling water over the powder. Let it steep for a bit and then just drink the whole mixture down without any straining. Obviously I wasn't into doing a lot of prep work for my tea :) . LOL. I got used to the taste and texture of the infused powder after a while.

I found the best strain for the pods were the gigantinums. The bigger the better it seemed. I found the hens and chicks to be the least best in my experience.

I have had far better experiences off of seed tea but pretty sure these are terrible pods. The second time I tried, with the whole dose all at once, I barely felt anything. Not sure why I felt more the time before. My seed tea experiences with good seeds were a strong, very euphoric, nodding sort of thing, undeniable in terms of effects, best opiate high I've had sometimes. I'd like to try good pods but they're expensive and I would have to order so much, and I'm trying to get off opiates again, so alas, it is not to be.
Ime, sometimes pods from the same batch are different strengths, so you run into hotspots

Yeah me too. Pods dried up around 2012 that's why i quit.

I switched to 800-1200mg/day of tramadol and didn't really feel any withdrawal from the pods. Not a big surprise, a gram of tramadol is not a small amount. In fact its a toxic amount. At that time tramadol wasnt schedule 4 and there were a ton US websites where you'd fill out a form and get a legally prescribed script of it FedEx'd to you.

Yikes, surprised tramadol would ever cover a pod habit.

Trying not to get too excited over the prospect of pods being available again

Wow! Even heavier/warmer/more comfortable than Poppy Pod Tea...

I need to stay well clear of Methadone then.

Because I went through a phase when I was practically in love with Poppy Pod Tea. It sort of just made me feel perfect, it took me back to a time where I felt comfortable in my own skin.. I could be around people and not feel anxious, I didn't feel depressed, I slept well, I woke up each morning looking forward to the day ahead. Even my family saw the improvement in me. For a time I'd even have my Mum help with me making the brew (and my Mum is completely anti drug)

Then I built up a tolerance and stopped using it cold turkey.. and oh my days - that was a nasty, prolonged withdrawal.
Pods are a long withdrawal i would still have bad leg pain 14 days in and a month before i would sleep 2 days in a row

I’ve tried making poppy seed tea before and didn’t have any luck with it. Are certain strains of seeds better then others?
Edit: also pods don’t seem to be able to be ordered in the US

Last edited:
I discovered poppy pods about 18 years ago. First time I did the pods I thought 2 things: 1) HOLY SHIT! This is like taking a couple percs but it lasts SO LONG. 2) I'm going to be in BIG fucking trouble with this stuff. I did some with a neighbor and the next day he called to me over the fence "I'm still fucked up!" Ah, good times...

I did poppy pod tea for about a year every day. I started waking up in the mornings sick as hell and the pods weren't doing much anymore. I stopped cold turkey. The WDs were ABSOLUTE HELL. After about a week and a half with no relief in sight I went into the hospital. That's where I got my first Suboxone which I am still on to this day. At first I'd get a nice buzz from the subs but that eventually stopped, but it absolutely has killed my cravings for opies. A poppy pod habit is no joke. Not at all. I would def not use as a tapering material. You're likely to grow a bigger monkey than your opiate of choice.

I'd do my pods by grinding to a fine powder and put boiling water over the powder. Let it steep for a bit and then just drink the whole mixture down without any straining. Obviously I wasn't into doing a lot of prep work for my tea :) . LOL. I got used to the taste and texture of the infused powder after a while.

I found the best strain for the pods were the gigantinums. The bigger the better it seemed. I found the hens and chicks to be the least best in my experience.
The wd from pods do last forever I did pods for 13 years i9 would drink the tea during work would keep my heroin wds at bay while at work. When I stopped both habits cold turkey 10 days later my legs were still like a stone the pod tea makes the wd last forever

i know im knew, just signed up to give some input, had a seed habit that made its way to 1-2kg a day over a few years.

first and most important thing is regarding temperature and ph. though studies are limited (and theyre all focused on spooky narcotic potential lol), a couple of studies have shown that hot water increases morphine yield with no effect on thebaine yield, while acidity significantly increases thebaine yield, over 2x the amount in some cases, with only a small increase in morphine yield. Hot water that is also acidic increases thebaine yield by an additional ~20% from room temp acidic water.

I know it's just one source but I'm lazy and you can find more if you dig a bit, theres not a tonne so they arent too hard to find.

Because of this I would recommend against using any kind of acid like lemon juice, and grapefruit juice instead of water is probably the worst possible thing you can do lol.

Seeing as yield from seeds is still somewhat low regardless, 120mg/kg, and toxicity in humans isn't known, with 4mg/kg causing convulsions in rhesus monkeys and 20-40mg/kg being the LD50 range for several animals it MIGHT not be too terrible, but harm reduction never hurts.

Freezers are also useful. Freezing and thawing pods a few times, though don't freeze them fully just get them frosty, will cause water to expand and contract and crystallise causing plant matter to bruise, giving alkaloids an easier time getting out. It won't work for seeds because seeds don't contain any alkaloids inside them, and will also let more cyanide out. It works significantly better for fresh pods, because plants open their glucose stores to protect from cold, both increasing osmotic pressure on alkaloids and allowing some out through cell walls to circulate. This also shouldn't significantly increase thebaine content as the main thing is it doesn't like water

I have also found that trying to evap water ends up making some kind of urea based crap. I don't know if that's me being useless or if there's some reaction going on but even if nothing is lost, smelling like piss is enough to put me off. Seeing as youve been steaming and boiling it for a day I probably did something wrong but might as well mention it.

Speaking of cyanide too, I believe .5kg-1kg of seeds is where it becomes a potential risk, and isn't a problem with pods (correct me if I'm wrong). Doing anything to compromise the integrity of the seeds, boiling, mashing, crushing, freezing etc., will increase this risk. I have also found soaking seeds does near nothing and makes it taste like milky rot, and the best method is vigorously shaking till you get the right colour, less than 5 minutes usually. Soaking will also signifcantly increase cyanide content as cyanide is very water soluble and once the seeds soften and soak through, you'll get a tonne more cyanide once it's able to get through the seeds. Multiple washes also increase the risk but I couldn't say how much. If you're using enough seeds (and enough water) just be wary.

Also re: legality, "seeking" any plant material, preparations, derivatives, alkaloids or salts excluding seeds is illegal in Canada. Possession and procurement are also obviously illegal, but be super careful with that "seeking". Growing is illegal in Australia without a license and one guy iirc was actually charged for having somniferum growing in his front yard so be careful. Cultivation in America is fucking stupid I guess. "Opium poppy and poppy straw" are Schedule II, as well as anything conceivably coming from it. Do with that what you will.

Hope this can help. Stay safe !

I’ve tried making poppy seed tea before and didn’t have any luck with it. Are certain strains of seeds better then others?
Edit: also pods don’t seem to be able to be ordered in the US
What do you think went wrong?