• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t wanna be that guy
But
Oil didn’t actually come from dinosaurs. The life forms that became oil massively predate dinosaurs and are thought to be simple cell organisms like plankton.
I have been interested in stratigraphy for a while. Coal is similar to oil and mostly all came from the Carboniferous period. It predates the fungi and bacteria that could break down the bark of the early trees by something like 60 million years. So all the trees from this time (that didn’t burn in some super fire) just stacked up endlessly and were eventually buried, becoming coal. It’s a similar story for oil with marine organisms.
interestingly enough iron ore is the same way. It all came from the great oxygenation event which caused iron to precipitate out of the oceans. There is alternate ways to get iron, but it’s not the same as iron ore. You have to get to a certain stratigraphic layer to reach it

I remember listening to this song on repeat when I was tripping on mushrooms for the first time

What was the first song you ever tripped to?

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. Well first proper trip, I had tripped out on weed and DXM before then but my first mushroom trip was Dark Side. Ideal.

That album was definitely my 2nd or 3rd and beyond. All a bit blurry now. I also used DXM before mushrooms but don't think I listened to any music was fairly bad experience (was so young had no idea what it was)

i cant even remeber my first trip had no music i was fucking launched into infinity on 3 tabs with no way to earth till it wore off. I use to listen to alot of chill reagee feel good songs

for the first time in my life women having been paying me alot of attention. Eating heathly going to the gym and looking after myself and doing myself up has really payed off. I aint use to the attention though i get uncomfortable with people looking at me and checking me out lol. but idk what ill do. I felt so alone but now i could probably easily get a girlfriend but something deep down is stopping me. Scared to let people close due to the past.

there is a really cute girl who lives close by me and i see around a bit and she always blushing and smiling and trying to hide her face when she sees me. But i had so much anxiety i still havent talked to her we both shy lol. I think she is really introverted never seen her with anybody. but then i thought it about and was like hmm this wont work out i am still smoking weed and on drugs man i need to get clean. I dont wanna dissapoint anybody because if they knew who i really was they would probably judge me.

there is a really cute girl who lives close by me and i see around a bit and she always blushing and smiling and trying to hide her face when she sees me. But i had so much anxiety i still havent talked to her we both shy lol. I think she is really introverted never seen her with anybody. but then i thought it about and was like hmm this wont work out i am still smoking weed and on drugs man i need to get clean. I dont wanna dissapoint anybody because if they knew who i really was they would probably judge me.
You worry too much man! Go for it, I think at the end of the day the only person judging is you.

I felt so alone but now i could probably easily get a girlfriend but something deep down is stopping me. Scared to let people close due to the past.
I relate to this a lot man. I think I'm relatively good looking dude but I simply don't love or trust myself. It's hard for me to date because I instinctively want to keep people as distance from me. Like I'm dangerous.. I will hurt people. :(

I relate to this a lot man. I think I'm relatively good looking dude but I simply don't love or trust myself. It's hard for me to date because I instinctively want to keep people as distance from me. Like I'm dangerous.. I will hurt people. :(
It's good to know that about yourself, about the love and trust part. I think it's also good to know that you can grow and learn to love yourself, that you won't necessarily always feel that way.

Love, especially love for yourself, is a skill more than anything else. It's something you get better at with practice. If you know that it's holding you back from enjoying your life the way you could, it makes sense to add some structured practice in to help work out and reinforce those neur pathways. A good starting place is doing just doing five minutes of metta meditation practice everyday. It seems both silly and tough at first, but with this kinda thing, you just fake it to you make it. It made a huge difference for a few friends of mine.

It's good to know that about yourself, about the love and trust part. I think it's also good to know that you can grow and learn to love yourself, that you won't necessarily always feel that way.
Thank you. I've certainly come A LONG WAY from where I was with heroin in the past.

I think I'm holding onto this guilt and distrust of myself from all the lies and thievery.

I really need to forgive myself and heal. My family and all who I hurt forgave me YEARS ago. True forgiveness.

But it's much more difficult to forgive yourself me thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.