• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be trippy to watch but maybe a little emotional too :D
It's always a terrible feeling taking down a tree that has no right being removed 🙁.

Those cotton woods are nasty trees that you don't want anywhere near any sort of structure though. They grow like weeds and have very brittle branches so they are very prone to failing in winter storms.

It's always a terrible feeling taking down a tree that has no right being removed 🙁.

Those cotton woods are nasty trees that you don't want anywhere near any sort of structure though. They grow like weeds and have very brittle branches so they are very prone to failing in winter storms.
Yep I totally understand. I hate killing anything in nature with a passion.

But yeah my area is notorious for branches falling and killing the power. Once happened in winter and the house had no electricity for an entire week IN SUB FREEZING TEMPERATURES! I also had no heaters and only source of warmth was showers of the fire.

Although if I owned a generator backup it wouldn't have been so bad.

It was horrible. I was so cold for a whole week! It was odd seeing my own breath condense inside my house. I was actually concerned for my cat he was also cold

No matter how hippy I am I completely agree with trimming trees near power lines! Gah!

My logic always reasons over my emotional/spiritual Respect towards nature

Yep I totally understand. I hate killing anything in nature with a passion.

But yeah my area is notorious for branches falling and killing the power. Once happened in winter and the house had no electricity for an entire week IN SUB FREEZING TEMPERATURES! I also had no heaters and only source of warmth was showers of the fire.

Although if I owned a generator backup it wouldn't have been so bad.

It was horrible. I was so cold for a whole week! It was odd seeing my own breath condense inside my house. I was actually concerned for my cat he was also cold

No matter how hippy I am I completely agree with trimming trees near power lines! Gah!

My logic always reasons over my emotional/spiritual Respect towards nature
A lot of the problem with branches falling on power lines stems from how notoriously lazy utility arborists are.

The powerline contracts almost always go to the lowest bidder. So if a dangerous branch is 5FT above where their contract tells them to cut they'll leave it there because the price their company has been hired for is so low. Even though it would only take another few minutes of their times to cut it and clean up the mess on the ground.

Do you climb @couldbesojs or do you do most of your work from a bucket?

Or are you more of a crane kinda person? :)

wrecking ball GIF

Do you climb @couldbesojs or do you do most of your work from a bucket?

Or are you more of a crane kinda person? :)

wrecking ball GIF
More bucket my coworkers are superior climbers. It's been less of both lately, I've transitioned more to the customer side of things. Quoting and scheduling. I usually work with the fellas until about lunch then drive around for the afternoon unless it's a large job.

Hey, bidding jobs and management is where the big money's at eventually. Also easier on the body as the years get on.

Yeah for sure. I had to take down the biggest tree in my yard (I'm in the forest), a massive old red oak, because it was dying and the crowd was dry rotted, and it was going to fall on my house. In fact a branch did fall and fucked my roof up like 2 years before I took it down. I felt awful, still, I loved that tree. But it was necessary. Fucking huge, 3 foot diameter at the base. On the plus side, I have years of great firewood now. Still haven't quite split it all and have a shit ton left to stack.

Yeah for sure. I had to take down the biggest tree in my yard (I'm in the forest), a massive old red oak, because it was dying and the crowd was dry rotted, and it was going to fall on my house. In fact a branch did fall and fucked my roof up like 2 years before I took it down. I felt awful, still, I loved that tree. But it was necessary. Fucking huge, 3 foot diameter at the base. On the plus side, I have years of great firewood now. Still haven't quite split it all and have a shit ton left to stack.
It's always the clean up and splitting of the wood that's the killer. We offer a reduced price to just leave all the debris on the ground. It's usually only 10-20% cheaper, people have no idea what they're getting themselves into with the mess.

I always ask are you sure? Confidently they're like yup, as the debris starts to pile up take one look at the wife and you can feel the shit storm thats brewing.

Neighbors took down some cottonwoods on their property edge skirting my driveway a couple years ago.
Now the roots are fighting to survive and there are a dozen spots where cotton woods are breaking through the pavement in the driveway.

It's always the clean up and splitting of the wood that's the killer. We offer a reduced price to just leave all the debris on the ground. It's usually only 10-20% cheaper, people have no idea what they're getting themselves into with the mess.

I always ask are you sure? Confidently they're like yup, as the debris starts to pile up take one look at the wife and you can feel the shit storm thats brewing.

Yeah I paid less to have them leave it. 2 friends and I chainsawed the trunk into a bunch of rounds, they were on a hill, we had to put a bunch of stuff down below and roll them down into a spot and make sure they didn't keep rolling (lots of downhill, well past my driveway). Had to use a truck to pull some of it. Then I had to lift them all up and roll them over a rise and onto my driveway and split them. I like the splitting part, love splitting wood with an axe. But it was so much work. I still haven't moved the 3 biggest rounds because they're too big for me to move myself, gotta get my friend to come or maybe split them in half where they're laying but it's in a creek bed so kinda awkward.

But it was an obvious choice. Pay less for free firewood, or pay more to have my free firewood removed?

was smoking bk-mdma on tinfoil til 2 am so fried today. Holy fuck the weed after it was insane the entire street was morphing.

Before i start finding any girl i will have to give up drugs which i have never managed to do. This is the last piece of the puzzle holding me down. I have to want this change deep down and take control i was so weak any drug infront of me ill take it.

the comedowns are not as bad as mdma though. But i feel scattered.

combined with weed that shit was crazy.

Had a nice big tree next to my bedroom window get knocked down during Hurricane Irma thankfully it fell the other way or my house would of been crushed. Have many great memories smoking dmt under that tree miss it as well as my grapefruit tree.

was smoking bk-mdma on tinfoil til 2 am so fried today. Holy fuck the weed after it was insane the entire street was morphing.

Before i start finding any girl i will have to give up drugs which i have never managed to do. This is the last piece of the puzzle holding me down. I have to want this change deep down and take control i was so weak any drug infront of me ill take it.

the comedowns are not as bad as mdma though. But i feel scattered.

combined with weed that shit was crazy.

You don't have to give up drugs, just be stable, plenty of girls do drugs too. I mean if you want to give up drugs for stability or for other personal reasons then that is a separate thing, but giving up drugs for someone else is bound to produce problems. Better to find someone who shares your interests than try to change yourself for someone else.

Never heard of smoking methylone, I've always taken it orally or plugged it.

So, I'm thinking on how my diagnoses could have affected my trips throughout the years, on lysergamides.
When you're with company and tripping, is e.g. acid much harder to communicate on than other psychedelics? Mostly for the reason that you cannot land on the "correct" way to convey your thoughts? I'll end up rephrasing, stopping in the middle, again and again because I was missing certain nuances or said it in the wrong tone or whatever, leading to just straight up awkward conversations if the people in question don't know me all that well. I've noticed that I don't see people "suffering" from the same nearly to such a degree, suffering might even be the right description. I have this quite a bit on cannabis as well, but less extreme and conversations are more enjoyable.

Everything coming out "wrongly" was also the trigger for my psychosis I think.
I think this comes from an unconscious desire for perfection, and when your whole world is upside down (acid) perfection is impossible. Not that I get anxious or something from it, I just cannot help myself from trying to correct what shouldn't be corrected and what, in that state, can't be corrected. The longer I think on it the more convinced I get that I might be on the spectrum after all.

I also just get extremely aware of little things I've done wrong socially (very minor things), and I'll be dying to correct them. I've learnt over the years that it doesn't matter as much, but my tripping brain throws that out of the window. Hence why many "mistakes" on here by me have brought me great pain lol.

You don't have to give up drugs, just be stable, plenty of girls do drugs too. I mean if you want to give up drugs for stability or for other personal reasons then that is a separate thing, but giving up drugs for someone else is bound to produce problems. Better to find someone who shares your interests than try to change yourself for someone else.

Never heard of smoking methylone, I've always taken it orally or plugged it.
smoking methylone is big among the meth users in wellington and now spreading among nz. It gets you fucking fried and cooked tastes like licorice and smells like it. Leaves a red puddle behind. Probably super toxic to be smoking it. have a bit of a headache today still but not as bad as mdma. with weed it fucked me up pretty hard. Its hard to find any info about smoking bk-mdma but two of my bros also smoke it. its addictive af.

Ate 2x 180mg mdma pills over an hour ago then checked the mail!!! Wow, got an order. Rolling now, just snorted 28mg 4-ACO-DMT. Haven't had 4-ACO-DMT since 2010, never flipped with it before. Happy Friday Bluelight!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.