• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MEGAMIX-Intro to Shrooms

ok, so looks like you plan on staying home.

recommended music (have all available and change music with the mood)
portishead
radiohead
early incubus, not morning view or make yourself
zeppelin (seriously)
tool

this is fun
pencil and paper. when you think of an interesting thought, write it down. when your sober, go back and look at what you wrote. good shit

weed definately, preferably shwaag rolled in a blunt. its an awesome experience chillin with a blunt while tripping. (especially in nature)

willy wonka and the chocolate factory muted with the tool blasting

definately a mirror

some sunglasses work well inside when theres a lot of people. just chill in the corner and watch everyone else for a little while

the internet is great. search for trippy pictures or videos

fun times are ahead. also, youll notice that unlike X, shrooms have a natural, earthy vibe, whereas X has a fake chemical vibe

they will be dry shrooms. I got a "bedroom DJ" setup in my basement. thinking about putting on musi and playing w/glowsticks?? any after effects????

Ok since they are dry mushrooms I would go for 2.5 - 3.5 grams, 3.5 is a full 8th, I recommend it.

Since you will be playing music and since I told you I'd give ya some suggestions, I'll throw some psy-trance out there for ya that you might enjoy :)

(your best bet is the P2P program called Soul Seek to find this stuff)

HARD PARTY MUSIC
Infected Mushroom - Symphonatic
Infected Mushroom - Albibeno
Hallucinogen - LSD
Astrix - The Fourth Revelation
Alien Project - The Third Revelation
Logic Bomb - Halojaner
Astral Projection - Another World
Pleiadians - Maia
GMS - Life After
Yahel - For The People

CHILL OUT TUNES
Shpongle - Flute Fruit
Shpongle - Behind Closed Eyelids
Shpongle - And The Day Turned Into Night...
The Infinity Project - When Sounds Become Colour
Entheogenic - Absolute Love

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, people are going to flame me for this, but the chances that you'll have a bad trip are DRASTICALLLY Reducied by eating Fresh Shrooms. You'll have a better trip.

when i'm tripping indoors it never lasts. i always want to go for a walk outside :)

alasdair

I'm sorry, people are going to flame me for this, but the chances that you'll have a bad trip are DRASTICALLLY Reducied by eating Fresh Shrooms. You'll have a better trip

This isn't a flame perse...but where the hell do you get this crap? Is this your opinion? Do you have a source you'd like to cite? Is there a statistically signifigant amount of bad trip reports involving dry vs. wet mushrooms? I'm guessing the answer is no.

Even if there is a slight correlation between amount of bad trips reported on the web for dry versus wet even a beginning level psych student could tell you correlation does not equal causation. Quite likely there are MORE dried shroom reports and this accounts for the discrepency.

I mean, c'mon! I can put up with your strange tobacco posts because they are talking about the psychedelic/toxic effects of uncured tobacco which most folk don't know about, but dry shrooms give you a bad trip?

Why. Please, give me a reason. Besides, 'well, my friend said so.'

The only bad trip I've ever had was on wet shrooms because I ate way too much. And this wasn't even bad, just way too intense. But I've had massive expierience with both wet and dry and your report does not jive.

So please, cite a source for your ridiculous claims, or stop posting shit you have no idea about. Or at least make your statement an opinion not some kind of 'fact' you decided due to personal expierience. Please.

Last edited:
Hi. Last night I tried Fresh shrooms for my first time (11G wet).
Here's what I have learned - (Some of this may have already be said, don't have much time).

* If you are inside, make sure that no-one can disturb you. I had my parents in the house and by the end of the night, I was freaking out and was almost crying because of it.

*Have lots of comftarble blanekts and pillows around you, feels so nice to lay flat and look on.

*Have a nice cold drink. (I found it really nice and cool going down my throat).

*If you do start to freak out or what ever, try tell your mate, who maybe in a better state and can help you, or vice versa. Ensure them that it wont last and its just the mushrooms overwhelming them and will pass.

*I found Trance/Dance not to be the best kind of music to put on, but things Like Moby, and yes I liked Queen :)

If your shrooms are good you won't need 3.5g 1-2g should be enough for your first time to test both your personal sensitivity and the strength of your mushies.

I have know people who can easily handle 3.5 say 1 or 2g was to much with better mushrooms.

^^I agree with JB, last time SWIM ate shroom they had 2 grams and were very well set for 7 hours. Aim low for your first journey, as this will let you asess their effects on you.

dont do it alone at home, i've only had bad trips doing this but i think its mostly because it was a sunday and on sundays i feel bored/irratible because theres nothing to do and i gotta go to school the next day.

I'd say go outside and do it, i plan on a whole day in the valley next time i do it.

Nobody ever told you what the comedown will be like.... :)
Well i'm guessing you have taken E before.. (glowsticks and so on) Well it's nothing like E. Shrooms you come down nicely. They are perfect... Once you try them you will take e only if you have no shrooms :)... so have fun
Kales002

definitely go outside, stay away from authority figures, if you have to watch movies, do not watch heavy movies i.e. Easy Rider, Clockwork Orange, Pulp Fiction, have fun, talk to each other...
Have fun!!

I'd definatly suggest doing shrooms outside. It's so chilled and relaxing just doing things like picking grass is so fun when you are tripping really hard. You get about 5 people or more all tripping, hide and seek is really fun if everyone is into it.

But as you are tripping inside...Grab some good movies, such as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, or even better, Alice in Wonderland!! The msuic listed above is also great, Tool, Radiohead, Zepplin is GREAT...

BEST TRIP MUSIC: Aphex Twin or SquarePusher! Go to www.warprecords.com and watch the msuic videos while you are tripping. OMG! "On" is the coolest fucking video ever, it will trip you out so fucking hard. The dancing spaceman and the giant ear and shit...whoa...

Big pillows and shit are cool too. I get hot though, I like fans and A/C! And Spongebob is fucking cool, but Space Ghost Coast to Coast, the Brak Show, and SeaLab 2021 are all definatly my favorite things to watch while tripping on anything!

pinwheel said:
I'm sorry, people are going to flame me for this, but the chances that you'll have a bad trip are DRASTICALLLY Reducied by eating Fresh Shrooms. You'll have a better trip.

why do you even bother with that info!

it's not true, and yeah, my one bad trip was the one time I tried fresh shrooms. not like that proves anything either, but dude, stop posting misinformation or anything close to it. Dont contribute if you have nothing to contribute.

1st time shrooms - advice please?

Hi people, I've read my fair lot of trip reports / various posts here, but there are a few things I didn't find that I'd like to know...

1) If I have 35g of fresh shrooms, how much weight would this be dry?
2) What's the quickest / easiest way to dry shrooms without losing any of the potency of the psylicobin (Or however you spell it)?

I'm waiting for a small batch to be delivered, and me and my friend A think it's about time we gave it a try. We both like a good joint, and are both aware of the risks involved with taking shrooms. How much do you think we should each take for a first trip? (But it needs to be a WORTHWHILE trip of course =D ) I heard somewhere I think about 1-2g dried?

On a slightly different note, I recently tried some HBW seeds - 5 in total... put 3 grinded in cold water and drank the water + seeds too after about 2 hours, and when I decided nothing was happening I just chewed on the other 2 for a couple of minutes... To no avail... I heard that "lipping" them is a good idea... I'm not quite sure about this process though - You chew em for a good half hour or so keeping it all in your mouth... but DO you spit it out after all that chewing or swallow? (And how much difference do you reckon it'd make to the potency?)

Cheers for any help you can give.

Florestan

On the shroom dosage I wouldn't go below 2g's if you want a worthwhile trip, 3g's would be nice and intense.
HBWR seeds, you'd spit them out after the half hour. I haven't tried it but I've read that it takes about 50% more when you "lip" them to get the same effects as swallowing them.

Ha, sure. ya mate gives you 35g of mushies you'll never wait the time it takes to dry fungus.!!
Mushrooms that arnent really fresh can cause a bit of nusea in some people (so can fresh mushies for some).
So gently simmer(and i do mean gently, even keep it just below) it up in about 4 mugs worth of water untill you only got about 3 cups left and just drink the water in a strong coffee or something. get the leftover mushies and soak them in a small amount of honey for a week or so.
The left overs are usually enough for a small buzz if you haven't had any in a while, usually tingly guts and slight euphoria but hey it's better than ditchin em'
1 ounce would be enough for 2 max
1 ounce per person would be a pretty much the full pscycosilabyn trip without goin overboard of course 8(
half ounce should get the colours flowing !!
I wouldn't recommend redosing too soon, waist of time
get better valu if you can wait for them 2 dry, as you can ingest whole mushroom and pscycosilabyn doesn't break down during drying, if you can wait!!!

Last edited:
Re: 1st time shrooms - advice please?

Florestan said:
Hi people, I've read my fair lot of trip reports / various posts here, but there are a few things I didn't find that I'd like to know...

1) If I have 35g of fresh shrooms, how much weight would this be dry?
2) What's the quickest / easiest way to dry shrooms without losing any of the potency of the psylicobin (Or however you spell it)?

I'm waiting for a small batch to be delivered, and me and my friend A think it's about time we gave it a try. We both like a good joint, and are both aware of the risks involved with taking shrooms. How much do you think we should each take for a first trip? (But it needs to be a WORTHWHILE trip of course =D ) I heard somewhere I think about 1-2g dried?

On a slightly different note, I recently tried some HBW seeds - 5 in total... put 3 grinded in cold water and drank the water + seeds too after about 2 hours, and when I decided nothing was happening I just chewed on the other 2 for a couple of minutes... To no avail... I heard that "lipping" them is a good idea... I'm not quite sure about this process though - You chew em for a good half hour or so keeping it all in your mouth... but DO you spit it out after all that chewing or swallow? (And how much difference do you reckon it'd make to the potency?)

Cheers for any help you can give.

Florestan

Have you checked out the Shroomery yet? www.shroomery.org

Wet mushrooms tend to be able 10 times less in weight when dryed. Id suggest 2-2.5 grams for each of you on your first trip, and make sure to have soem weed to bunn, its an awesome addition to the trip.

I wouldn't recommend redosing too soon, waist of time, get better valu if you can wait for them 2 dry, as you can ingest whole mushroom and pscycosilabyn doesn't break down during drying, if you can wait!!!

what the hell are pscycosilabyn and haha, a waist of time??;)

i would also recommend drying, ofcourse the potency of fresh ones are guaranteed, but dry they are sooo much easier to ingest. btw, i don't think the freshness of the mushrooms have something to do with the nausea, i think it just depends on your stomach contents.